Yellow | Another COOS???

Some of those guys that run the rail yards or between terminals around Chicago should have orange triangles on the back of their trailers...and the ABF guys aren't any better! I hear a lot of guys saying that the quarterly numbers are only negative because the company is good at hiding the money...I don't think so....I think there is nothing this company is good at!
Too many that hate the company for the -15% pay only make things worse for all of us by dogging it thinking they are getting back at the company. They are only hurting themselves and all the rest of the employees there. What's the saying - "You can't fix stupid?"

The way this company moves freight is a joke, you all see it! Until they start holding everyone from the top all the way to the bottom accountable we will not turn things around. You all know on Monday you can do a total **** job, screw off all day, damage freight, deliver it late or just take a long nap and bring back a few deliveries or miss a few pick ups, damage freight on dock or put it in wrong trailer, set that 800 pound skid on top of the 200 pound skid, take 3 naps on your night run and stop and eat a pizza and get there 2 hours late. But no one says anything!
It's a joke, when the guy goes out and takes his 10th cigarette break in the last 2 hours at least write him up. You got 20 road guys getting paid 24 bucks an hour and 3 guys are smoking, 2 guys are pooping and 3 more are hiding behind lockers dock supervisors won't carry billsacks into office till they have a big stack, at end of night just throw whatever freight is on dock on any trailer, who cares which direction its going as long as it's off dock. You all know this place is a big fricken JOKE! But as long as the money goes into the bank who cares!
Tolls, I've told you to quit following me on the dock. I'm going to the hall....

did I hear Hawkins say he wants to do away with the spoke to hub operation that YRC Freight, runs in the 1st quarter report, in a round about way???

The way this company moves freight is a joke, you all see it! Until they start holding everyone from the top all the way to the bottom accountable we will not turn things around. You all know on Monday you can do a total **** job, screw off all day, damage freight, deliver it late or just take a long nap and bring back a few deliveries or miss a few pick ups, damage freight on dock or put it in wrong trailer, set that 800 pound skid on top of the 200 pound skid, take 3 naps on your night run and stop and eat a pizza and get there 2 hours late. But no one says anything!
It's a joke, when the guy goes out and takes his 10th cigarette break in the last 2 hours at least write him up. You got 20 road guys getting paid 24 bucks an hour and 3 guys are smoking, 2 guys are pooping and 3 more are hiding behind lockers dock supervisors won't carry billsacks into office till they have a big stack, at end of night just throw whatever freight is on dock on any trailer, who cares which direction its going as long as it's off dock. You all know this place is a big fricken JOKE! But as long as the money goes into the bank who cares!
I thought the HOLLAND terminal in Columbus was the only one that just stuck freight on any trailer just to get rid of it.

Some of those guys that run the rail yards or between terminals around Chicago should have orange triangles on the back of their trailers...and the ABF guys aren't any better! I hear a lot of guys saying that the quarterly numbers are only negative because the company is good at hiding the money...I don't think so....I think there is nothing this company is good at!
The contractors they are using now for extra city shuttle work are making them look real bad they are doing 4 to 5 moves per shift compared to our guys doing 2 to 3 moves per shift.

Road drivers get an hour break and a 30 minute DOT mandatory break, then after you go over 8 hours you get another hour break.

Careful there Ted. Not everyone there does That. On a regular basis I do 2 Willow turns, a 318 to Willow, or Global, and a crosstown N/S, all with my fast truck, in 12 hours.

Road dispatches show ETA times which take into account meal/rest breaks. Anyway, when did it become a bad thing to take a meal or rest break?
I don’t believe he was referring to your meal and break times provided within the company and DOT policies. The extra ones taken over that and above should be subject to reprimand. There’s a few things contributing to that garbage. We’ve had so many supervisors come and go at certain barns that they can’t learn every policy. When a fairly new supervisor is training a brand new one and that cycle keeps being repeated policies get forgotten or uncared for, which in turn contributes to more of the same infractions. Another is certain barns have trainers that tell new drivers that it’s perfectly fine to shut down and nap as many times or as long as you want if you deem yourself unsafe. No, I can’t believe I heard him say that! If you work at night then you sleep during the day. That’s what you signed up for. Everyone can complain all they want about this but until some initiative is given to address it nothing will change. The more someone gets away with it the more he’ll continue, so who’s the smart one here?

I don’t believe he was referring to your meal and break times provided within the company and DOT policies. The extra ones taken over that and above should be subject to reprimand. There’s a few things contributing to that garbage. We’ve had so many supervisors come and go at certain barns that they can’t learn every policy. When a fairly new supervisor is training a brand new one and that cycle keeps being repeated policies get forgotten or uncared for, which in turn contributes to more of the same infractions. Another is certain barns have trainers that tell new drivers that it’s perfectly fine to shut down and nap as many times or as long as you want if you deem yourself unsafe. No, I can’t believe I heard him say that! If you work at night then you sleep during the day. That’s what you signed up for. Everyone can complain all they want about this but until some initiative is given to address it nothing will change. The more someone gets away with it the more he’ll continue, so who’s the smart one here?
Very well spoken!