Another Learning Experience

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
:poster_oops::poster_oops:Hi everyone,

Today over all was a fine day until I had a slip of the mind after my last stop was delivered and I left my handheld
On the trucks cat walk and now its gone. Amazingly the printer that went with it some how stayed on the cat walk and made it back.

Anyhow they are not very thrilled with me for losing the handheld.
I didn't mean to do it, but I always feel the need to rush. With stops in the counts in the mid twenties my personality of wanting to just go to get it done or at least get my work behind me lends its self to problems.

I'm so sick of these bad experiences and these dumb thing that dont have to happen. I try to be careful, but stuff happens. I guess for one I don't like this stop count in the twenties its just to much. It lends its self to, to much that can go wrong and the potential or probability for delays grows and grows and grows. 7-14 stops sounds a lot better to me. Really its the felling rushed and like I should rush that causes me trouble.

Don't rush.

Unless they're playing on the radio and you're rockin' out.

I'm always driving away wondering if I put my dolly in the trailer, did I shut the back door?

I have to give myself a set routine and order to do things, I stick with it. If something breaks my routine, I'll make a mistake faster than rainman counts toothpicks.

That's just the way I'm wired, I have to discipline myself, I strap what's left of the pallet, when I'm done with it, or after I move it, when I'm thinking of it. If I think I'll do it later I'll forget about it and I'll have a mess at my next stop. My scanner goes in my holster, if I leave it anywhere else, I'll forget it there. If I put splits in the pouch, I don't scan them until I take them out of the pouch, or I'll forget that they're still in the pouch. Just little obsessive compulsive things to get me through the day.

I'll bet you never leave anything valuable on your catwalk again, not even for a second.

Here they charge us. Can't remember if its $1K or $2K. Doesn't matter because after they started doing that I've kept mine so close that I can't believe I haven't fathered kids with it.

Like Ted said, get a routine and stick with it. Especially when it comes to your handheld, doors, and two-wheeler.

Here they charge us. Can't remember if its $1K or $2K. Doesn't matter because after they started doing that I've kept mine so close that I can't believe I haven't fathered kids with it.

Like Ted said, get a routine and stick with it. Especially when it comes to your handheld, doors, and two-wheeler.

I look like I am headed off to war when I go to work. If they would only make a vest that has hog rings all over it and then you would damaging the stuff all day long. Routines help...until someone disrupts it. As you get older it gets worse. You start turning down the radio when you have to think and taking off your glasses so you can hear. I know one Kroger just bought two brand new power jacks and one was left in the back of an outside haulers trailer. I backed into the dock and asked where their power jack was. It was on its way to being listed on Craigslist.