XPO | Another spoke in the wheel leaves...?

POWERSWAPTHIS

TB Lurker
Credits
First of all I'm not afraid to say this "I love my job here at CON-WAY!" and have worked for enough others in the past to know that most of the issuses brought up in here are industry wide, the grass is not always greener on the otherside, except maybe over the leaky septic tank! two days ago a regional manager out west chose to leave for another company, it seems like to me that if they can't rise to the top (BIG EGO ON THIS GUY) fast enough, that they jump ship to a smaller company where their experience at Conway help them up the ladder, no matter how much smaller that ladder is! Hey with the economy the way it is.. who knows? I for one just like to think that the guys above are more loyal than this, I mean as much as they talk the talk about the FIVE STARS, I guess COMMITMENT fell away? In the past year we lost others like Fallert, and Fishpaw to the same thing, have a nice life guys really! just hope the ones that replace them are in it for the long term, like myself and many others I've talked to. Now I know someone will put that cute little *** kisser smily on a reply but its not that way, I for one stir it up when ever possible!... if needed, just like the great guys I work with, and my job at CONWAY!!!

Corky was x-military and with his no nonsense attitude he could take anything you could throw at him. He ran USB and was service center manager of the year. The following year he was moved into management at the GO. Then the GO closed and he was moved out to Phoenix to be a Regional Manager. I am sure even at 120 degrees in his new location he would still be fine but guys like Labrie just kept pushing and there is so much a guy can take. I for one respected Corky and it is too bad R & L has him. If the guys with integrity leave and the guys without it are put in charge to do Labrie's dirty work then this is not going to be a good year for Conway. I love this company and I hate to see it declining at such a rapid pace. Joe also quit the the San Bern Region this week before and is a VP of sales at R & L. Then there were 2 people in Phoenix that just quit the same week. I predict in the next month you will see people leave in record numbers and not the people you want leaving.

I'm not talking about Corky or anyone else. But I am saying that in the past 20 years or less our whole society has become: get it and get it FAST. Infomercial are pushing how to become a millionaire in a year when it's really the guy selling the book that is becoming a millionaire.

As for the guys that stay in their jobs for a long while, are good at it but can't get ahead due to the upper management favoring certain people, then I can understand them leaving for another job.

I do hope ConWay gets through this and is up and running for years to come, a top performer. Only time will tell.

First of all I'm not afraid to say this "I love my job here at CON-WAY!" and have worked for enough others in the past to know that most of the issuses brought up in here are industry wide, the grass is not always greener on the otherside, except maybe over the leaky septic tank! two days ago a regional manager out west chose to leave for another company, it seems like to me that if they can't rise to the top (BIG EGO ON THIS GUY) fast enough, that they jump ship to a smaller company where their experience at Conway help them up the ladder, no matter how much smaller that ladder is! Hey with the economy the way it is.. who knows? I for one just like to think that the guys above are more loyal than this, I mean as much as they talk the talk about the FIVE STARS, I guess COMMITMENT fell away? In the past year we lost others like Fallert, and Fishpaw to the same thing, have a nice life guys really! just hope the ones that replace them are in it for the long term, like myself and many others I've talked to. Now I know someone will put that cute little *** kisser smily on a reply but its not that way, I for one stir it up when ever possible!... if needed, just like the great guys I work with, and my job at CONWAY!!!

Dont know about the people you mentioned..but i gather the spoke in the wheel reference was sarcastic...on the other hand...we do lose many a good people, low scum like myself all the way up through upper management due to the refusal to adapt to the upper echelon good ole boy, how can you serve me attitude so prevelant in conway...i can only assume we lose the crap...but we also lose some of the better people this company has seen, or the potential of the loss we suffered...both sides to the paper you speak of...

No military for Corky....He was a minor leaguer for the Red Sox before trucks...I've known him 12 years, and he will be missed...you got to lose some, but not guys like him...he's about 50, wasn't born in Michigan, so he was pretty much stuck...In the new Con-way, the west isn't looked upon very well, despite the profit supremecy they hold over the south and east...what the Mich boys don't understand is how hard it is to make things run out here with all the open land we have...and we do it pretty damn well...but nobody is looking...I wish him well...

Now PS This, I got a question....you say Fallert and Fishpaw had no loyalty...Don't you think they saw the writing on the wall in the new Con-way..?? they apparently were alot smarter than some, because they saw their jobs flying out the window...gotta grab while the grabbing is good...where was the loyalty from ann arbor..?? that's right, there wasn't any...those two are bad examples of a leaky septic tank...

Now PS This, I got a question....you say Fallert and Fishpaw had no loyalty...Don't you think they saw the writing on the wall in the new Con-way..?? they apparently were alot smarter than some, because they saw their jobs flying out the window...gotta grab while the grabbing is good...where was the loyalty from ann arbor..?? that's right, there wasn't any...those two are bad examples of a leaky septic tank...

Thanks for the correction on Corky. I thought I remember hearing from him that he was in the military. Fallert and Fishpaw are working for Daylight out of the Long Beach location if my memory serves me. I was never a big fan of Fishpaw but I really did like Fallert. I guess he was hard to get along with for most people but I liked his no nonsense attitude. :1036316054:

Fallert was USMC, and proud to tell anyone about it....he approached everything with that mentality....Fishpaw also USMC...saw it in an ol' Pacesetter...

Corky was x-military and with his no nonsense attitude he could take anything you could throw at him. He ran USB and was service center manager of the year. The following year he was moved into management at the GO. Then the GO closed and he was moved out to Phoenix to be a Regional Manager. I am sure even at 120 degrees in his new location he would still be fine but guys like Labrie just kept pushing and there is so much a guy can take. I for one respected Corky and it is too bad R & L has him. If the guys with integrity leave and the guys without it are put in charge to do Labrie's dirty work then this is not going to be a good year for Conway. I love this company and I hate to see it declining at such a rapid pace. Joe also quit the the San Bern Region this week before and is a VP of sales at R & L. Then there were 2 people in Phoenix that just quit the same week. I predict in the next month you will see people leave in record numbers and not the people you want leaving.

For the former CCX people...think back to Tom former director of LH...he started as an FOS I believe at XNW and went through the ranks quickly to LH dispatcher, director of LH and then RM...then quit and went to another company as i think VP of something...and if you ever talked with him, you could only but see he was an awesome person, personality and job knowledge/application...wonderful guy, but now a has been, used to be there at conway but moved on...the XBP TM up and quit a few months ago...John S, wonderful guy, started as a salesman at XHR, then TM at XNC, then on to XBP, almost every morning via i ever did through XBP i would see the guy out on the dock breaking freight with a pallet jack...our TM doesnt even know how to pump a pallet jack..our TM is still here, John S isnt...

No military for Corky....He was a minor leaguer for the Red Sox before trucks...I've known him 12 years, and he will be missed...you got to lose some, but not guys like him...he's about 50, wasn't born in Michigan, so he was pretty much stuck...In the new Con-way, the west isn't looked upon very well, despite the profit supremecy they hold over the south and east...what the Mich boys don't understand is how hard it is to make things run out here with all the open land we have...and we do it pretty damn well...but nobody is looking...I wish him well...

Your post concerning profit supremacy is a little confusing...i always recall CCX leading all 3 by big numbers in the profits...oh and I think that may have had something to do with the upper manning the way it lined up in MI at the CCX place versus out west in that former HQ place...

Your post concerning profit supremacy is a little confusing...i always recall CCX leading all 3 by big numbers in the profits...oh and I think that may have had something to do with the upper manning the way it lined up in MI at the CCX place versus out west in that former HQ place...

My guess is he was referring to OR as a percentage of profit vs actual net dollars. :1036316054:

I didn't say central, I said south and east....dont they post these at your place..?? It's not just O/R guys, it's dollars too....

I didn't say central, I said south and east....dont they post these at your place..?? It's not just O/R guys, it's dollars too....

Wow...now you gave it away...you dont know.

You dont know because there is no east. CCX went from western boarder of the Dakotas down through NE, i think KS, over east through some of those states and split KY somewhere, went east to the coast and up.

Conway eastern existed only for a very very small time, went bankrupt because of a strike (which is why we will never be union again) and was absorbed in CCX. When conway canada started it too was part of CCX...it was CCX-Canada, not CWX-or CSE Canada...so I again point out that your facts are miserably incorrect...not to mention the industrial base for the country is the east cost, NJ, NY, etc...you guys make good movies, but i think those little DVD cases only account for a small percentage of the tonnage we haul compared to the steel, etc from the east coast...

In the new Con-way, there are 4 areas:
CWA.....Western
CCA......Central
CSA......Southern
CEA......Eastern

CWA is outperforming Eastern and Southern, and Central remains the king, more by sheer size than anything....feel free to check with your tm and ask why it is not posted in your breakroom or somewhere...it is here...without saying I told you so, I will wait patiently for your apology...in the meantime I wil sit here miserably incorrect...

Wow...now you gave it away...you dont know.

You dont know because there is no east. CCX went from western boarder of the Dakotas down through NE, i think KS, over east through some of those states and split KY somewhere, went east to the coast and up.

Conway eastern existed only for a very very small time, went bankrupt because of a strike (which is why we will never be union again) and was absorbed in CCX. When conway canada started it too was part of CCX...it was CCX-Canada, not CWX-or CSE Canada...so I again point out that your facts are miserably incorrect...not to mention the industrial base for the country is the east cost, NJ, NY, etc...you guys make good movies, but i think those little DVD cases only account for a small percentage of the tonnage we haul compared to the steel, etc from the east coast...

I'm sorry to say, but the "industrial base for the country" as you put it, is no longer on the east coast, NJ, NY, etc. The industrial base for our once great nation has been sold out to China, India, Pakistan, Thailand, etc.. The knuckle heads in the Crystal Palace need to realize that you cannot, should not, or even try to, run the Western area like they do out in the Midwest or East. Apples and oranges. Completely differrent. Always has been, always will be. What is good for the Midwest, East, Deep South, Nor' East, is good for them. Not for the West. What works out West probably won't work anywhere else. Unfortunately this company is being ran by a bearded, way over-sized, ompa loompa, who has made it perfectly clear that he has little use for the people out West. Sorry John L. it doesn't look like you're the one making the decisions. From the outside looking in, it appears that maybe John L. is just collecting a paycheck and making DVD's so us out West will have something to haul!!

the west is way different, which is why so many ccx managers fail miserably when they come out here...they just think there should be a terminal every 30 miles and life is good...they cannot get over what we call "geography shock"....hell, you could drive for 14 hours and not get OUT of Calif in a truck!! not saying that it's any easier in the east, cuz I never worked there, but there is alot more sparse land in the west...

In the new Con-way, there are 4 areas:
CWA.....Western
CCA......Central
CSA......Southern
CEA......Eastern

CWA is outperforming Eastern and Southern, and Central remains the king, more by sheer size than anything....feel free to check with your tm and ask why it is not posted in your breakroom or somewhere...it is here...without saying I told you so, I will wait patiently for your apology...in the meantime I wil sit here miserably incorrect...

Cool...i thought we were just one company now? If we were just one company we would have just one profit base...other then that when we were not just one company...CWX was below CSE if I recall correctly...was that the kind of apology you were looking for??? :hysterical: