XPO | Another spoke in the wheel leaves...?

the west is way different, which is why so many ccx managers fail miserably when they come out here...they just think there should be a terminal every 30 miles and life is good...they cannot get over what we call "geography shock"....hell, you could drive for 14 hours and not get OUT of Calif in a truck!! not saying that it's any easier in the east, cuz I never worked there, but there is alot more sparse land in the west...

hahah...i was born in east Los Angelas...rose in Iowa and never crossed the stinking MS river prior to 1997 when i got me CDL....yes the two ocean bound coasts are way different...the people out hear i think suck and i wish i have never moved here in 1999...

the problem with con-way is that for so long they hired the people that would take the job for the lowest pay and still are.i e a greeter becoming a fos.now a lot of those stupid people that dont know what we do or how to do it have been promoted up the food chain and are making choices that affect all of us.they still know less than most of us but thier computer tells them it will work so there for it will.what they need to rember is that the computer is only as smart as the dumb a$$ behind it and they hire or promote all of them.they need to start promoting from with in and paying for all the years of time and effort learning what to do and how to do it right.i for one would not want to take that big of pay cut and all the butt chewings for what they pay.when they want to fix whats wrong maybe they wouldstart asking drivers whats broke and really listen to us.the only way to learn from your mistakes is to listen when your mistakes are being pointed out to you. just a short thought.

all I know is what I saw posted in the breakroom last week, and there is a line on the report that shows total profit for all 4 areas combined...but what I saw is correct, the west is number 2, behind central...south and east are riding the caboose...

You've hit the nail on the head :1036316054:

Mr. Deming (hope I spelled that right) spent years teaching this to companies all over. The ones that went by his model have been successful. CSW did this at first and have now gotten away from it. Hopefully someone will get a clue and get back to it!

the problem with con-way is that for so long they hired the people that would take the job for the lowest pay and still are.i e a greeter becoming a fos.now a lot of those stupid people that dont know what we do or how to do it have been promoted up the food chain and are making choices that affect all of us.they still know less than most of us but thier computer tells them it will work so there for it will.what they need to rember is that the computer is only as smart as the dumb a$$ behind it and they hire or promote all of them.they need to start promoting from with in and paying for all the years of time and effort learning what to do and how to do it right.i for one would not want to take that big of pay cut and all the butt chewings for what they pay.when they want to fix whats wrong maybe they wouldstart asking drivers whats broke and really listen to us.the only way to learn from your mistakes is to listen when your mistakes are being pointed out to you. just a short thought.