ODFL | Any Chance Of Getting Hired In Indianapolis As A New Cdl Grad ?

dennisroc

TB Lurker
Credits
Want to get my cdl and get a driving job in Indiana. I have been all over the internet looking .
Does anyone know who hires newbies ?
Thanks

Want to get my cdl and get a driving job in Indiana. I have been all over the internet looking .
Thanks
Believe OD has a hiring freeze now.Indy has been letting driver's go.If you want to drive for OD you are better off going thru there Driving School when that becomes available

Thanks

See if they needing city drivers, they have plenty of line at this time,, no one want to do city so they may hire you on, we hire nothing but school grads for city in sea... we even turn down drivers with experience for school grad

Holland will take people and train them. Think it is a 2 year contract?? Reality is LTL might not be for you, and finding a different company that runs dedicated might be better.

Holland will take people and train them. Think it is a 2 year contract?? Reality is LTL might not be for you, and finding a different company that runs dedicated might be better.

I wonder why you say LTL may not be good for me and dedicated might be better ? Not being a driver, can you explain why dedicated might be better ?
Also I think I would prefer a dedicated route just knowing what my day / week will be.
I will check on Holland, do they hire students and train to get their cdl or do I need to get my cdl and then go there?
Do you work for Holland ?

Thanks

I wonder why you say LTL may not be good for me and dedicated might be better ? Not being a driver, can you explain why dedicated might be better ?
Also I think I would prefer a dedicated route just knowing what my day / week will be.
I will check on Holland, do they hire students and train to get their cdl or do I need to get my cdl and then go there?
Do you work for Holland ?

Thanks

Because you are retired looking for supplemental income. Indy is demanding and running wild has little predictability.

I run linehaul in Indy and we're definitely not hiring right now. They just let the bottom 8 linehaul drivers go this past Memorial Day weekend. We're also moving more of our city operations to the new terminals in Lafayette and Columbus when they get them opened up. They're also saying there won't be another driving class for about a year.

I run linehaul in Indy and we're definitely not hiring right now. They just let the bottom 8 linehaul drivers go this past Memorial Day weekend. We're also moving more of our city operations to the new terminals in Lafayette and Columbus when they get them opened up. They're also saying there won't be another driving class for about a year.

I really feel bad for those guys. That is unfortunate. Really hoping freight picks back up. Should have already been up. This last weekend was the first weekend I wasn't able to pick up an extra run. Indy usually always has something.... not this time.

I've been running extra. They just over hired last year when freight was booming. You can usually always run something extra on the weekends.
I really feel bad for those guys. That is unfortunate. Really hoping freight picks back up. Should have already been up. This last weekend was the first weekend I wasn't able to pick up an extra run. Indy usually always has something.... not this time.

I usually run extra on Saturday. It is rare for there to never be a run. Just depends on who is hungry. Those Indy guys have it easy running turned up trucks. I'd love to run Indy in a 70.
In Indy we only have turned up trucks on 600 or more mile runs. Since we slip seat the fast truck will be assigned to a driver who's shorter run matches up time wise with the longer run. My run is 8 miles a day to short for a fast truck....and what really sucks is my meet driver runs less miles a night than I do but his tractor is turned up. I came off a 634 mile bid with a 70mph tractor back into a 65mph truck. Still taking some time getting used to it!

In Indy we only have turned up trucks on 600 or more mile runs. Since we slip seat the fast truck will be assigned to a driver who's shorter run matches up time wise with the longer run. My run is 8 miles a day to short for a fast truck....and what really sucks is my meet driver runs less miles a night than I do but his tractor is turned up. I came off a 634 mile bid with a 70mph tractor back into a 65mph truck. Still taking some time getting used to it!
So how much money, and time a day are you loosing driving a 65mph truck, vs a 70 mph one? A friend wanted me to ask.

So are you saying that driving the same run in a 70 mph truck, pays 42 miles more,than the same run driving a 65 mph truck?

I was under the impression you were talking about the bid run specifically. A run pays what it pays, and a faster truck doesn't change the paid miles. I have different reasons for supporting a turned up truck.

I was under the impression you were talking about the bid run specifically. A run pays what it pays, and a faster truck doesn't change the paid miles. I have different reasons for supporting a turned up truck.
I understand what you are saying, but 65, or 70? So what. I don’t think 5 mph makes any difference.

Made absolutely no difference to me, cause ours didn't run that fast, except down long hills, couldn't
find many between Charl and Fla.
Should been able to at least go 70 when headed south at least? It’s all downhill..