FedEx Freight | Any good advice?

pigsticker

TB Lurker
Credits
When it comes to deciding what to invest my money in with Vangaurd, I'm pretty much dumd as a sack of hammers. I took an online question and answer survey on the Vangaurd sight and when I received my hard copy statement in the mail, they said my asset mix was 47.3% stock and 52.7% short-term reserves and based on my answers on the survey I needed to be at 70.0% stock and 30.0% bonds. I did gain money the last quarter but it was a mediocre gain. I e-mailed Vangaurd for advice, but they pretty much said they couldn't advise where to invest clients money. Guess they don't want to be held responsible for a loss. Any suggestions?

Smokestack investment company.

It is kinda the same here .
Do you want us to tell you how to loose your money ?
The more you put into the stock market the higher risk but the greater gains or losses.
How good do you feel in todays market ? I have 80 % in stocks and 20 % in bonds.
If you like here is how I toss the dice .

Vanguard 500 Index Fund Investor Shares (VFINX)
Vanguard Extended Market Index Fund Investor Shares (VEXMX
Vanguard PRIMECAP Fund Investor Shares (VPMCX
Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Institutional Shares (VBTIX)
Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (VGTSX

It is all just a guess as far as I'm thinking !

Vanguard 500 Index Fund Investor Shares 25.00% Domestic Stock Funds
Vanguard Extended Market Index Fund Investor Shares 25.00% Domestic Stock Funds
Vanguard PRIMECAP Fund Investor Shares 15.00% Domestic Stock Funds
Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Institutional Shares 20.00% Bond Funds
Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund 15.00% International Stock Funds

I have a mass mutual 401K but I have a invest guy from Edward Jones that I have a money market and a Roth IRA. He is a stock broker. I see him once a year and he places my money they way for most growth. For my 401K he moved a lot of my stuff into oversea stuff. like 25%. I made 26% on a oversea's stuff last year. I have 50% in Wellington. I know your stuff in different then ours but Vanguard is considered one of the best from what I was told. My two cents.

WIth Vanguard im at 93.1% high yeild stocks and 6.9% bonds --- im only 23 so my financial advisor told me go high in the stocks and ride it out for many years to come. My ROTH IRA is heavy in high cap stocks and overseas investment in companies that due business with the US -- im coming in pretty good there as well. cant complain.

Rob

I have a mass mutual 401K but I have a invest guy from Edward Jones that I have a money market and a Roth IRA. He is a stock broker. I see him once a year and he places my money they way for most growth. For my 401K he moved a lot of my stuff into oversea stuff. like 25%. I made 26% on a oversea's stuff last year. I have 50% in Wellington. I know your stuff in different then ours but Vanguard is considered one of the best from what I was told. My two cents.
LOL.....Just saw Edward Jones commercial. Surgeon giving guy directions over the phone for surgery. Guy at home sitting at table with butter knife. Punch line was....."Somethings you just shouldn't do yourself."

I rolled retirement from former employer into an IRA and another account from when my father passed away. We handed it over to an outfit called PrimeAmerica. Part of the Smith Barney family. As a favor they looked over my Prudential stuff a few years ago and pointed us in right direction.
Another account has matured and we can move it now without paying penelty. Giving it to PrimeAmerica and hopefully they'll look over Vanguard info in give us advice on it.

Bull market looks as if it's due for a rest

Well then you see this kind of stuff.

JS Online:

If you're like the vast majority of investors, you're probably feeling reasonably comfortable with the outlook for stocks this year. And that should make you very nervous.