XPO | Anybody happy?

conwaygreasemonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
Is anyone happy about their employment with con-way? there's always complaining but never much positive talk i'll start. I'm generally happy i have a good job in a crappy economy most of the time the big wigs are off my back unless i screw up. I do hate the fact that even being #2 in seniority i'm stuck on midnights for the forseable future. So what are others positives?

Is anyone happy about their employment with con-way? there's always complaining but never much positive talk i'll start. I'm generally happy i have a good job in a crappy economy most of the time the big wigs are off my back unless i screw up. I do hate the fact that even being #2 in seniority i'm stuck on midnights for the forseable future. So what are others positives?
Everytime someone starts a "positive" thread it fizzles out real quick. Are you doing this because you got busted?

And to answer your question I am happy with my job. For now. We're here because we have to work. So you may as well make the most of it. No matter how much we complain, we will never get anything back. They can't take away your seniority, you can only lose that if you quit. :chairshot:
Let's all go to work and try to be happy.:nutkick:

My personal opinion: my driver is pretty happy with his job, just not so happy with some of the stuff going on. He's been in the freight business for a long time and has actually run a few of the terminals for the past co's he's worked for.

In his case he's getting ready to retire and look for something different to do. Maybe start a family business of some kind.

Since I can't edit, I'll just have to add this PS: my husband isn't talking about retiring SOON but it's never too late to start planning your retirement.

shops

i think we have some of the best jiffy-lubes....i mean shops in the industry......just kidding have a great day!!:smilie_132:

anybody happy

I believe many drivers like what they do- it is that moral through out conway is poor. In the past i feel most driver felt a part of conway.Now they are just a gear in the machine. I agree that change is inevitable,but it has not alway been benefical.

I'm happy here if I wasn't I wouldn't be here. Conway is far from perfect but then again there is no perfect company out there. I have known several guys that have left thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to find out that its the same old bull just different a different color. I am making a good living here. As long as I do my job I am left alone.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.
Reprease as many times as it takes.
Seriously stop by a Staples store and get the
'easy button' cost about $5.00 and works wonders!

Moral is low. I do like my job, but my moral has also gone down. I'll stick it out as long as I can and be happy with what I have, but at this point I do not see myself retiring from Con-way. So, what am I happy about? I have a reliable job and good working conditions. Right now the good outweighs that bad.

My fear is that the bad is catching up. I don't want to go job hunting again, but I don't see myself here in 5 years time at this rate. I really hope I'm wrong.

I really wish we had some form of compensation based on our performance. No matter how hard anyone works or how good of a job they do, everyone, even the below average people get the same raise.

I really wish we had some form of compensation based on our performance. No matter how hard anyone works or how good of a job they do, everyone, even the below average people get the same raise.

Amen. There is no incentive other than pride to be above average.

i am a very happy camper. got a raise, i have my health, two healthy grown children, 3 healthy grandchildren and a wonderful wife of 35 years, yes; like is good! Oh! and i work for a strong corporation!

Moral is low. I do like my job, but my moral has also gone down. I'll stick it out as long as I can and be happy with what I have, but at this point I do not see myself retiring from Con-way. So, what am I happy about? I have a reliable job and good working conditions. Right now the good outweighs that bad.

My fear is that the bad is catching up. I don't want to go job hunting again, but I don't see myself here in 5 years time at this rate. I really hope I'm wrong.

Moral is low and getting lower. Management
is to blame. We all do the best we can but
it is never going to be good enough. :chairshot:

Moral is low and getting lower. Management
is to blame. We all do the best we can but
it is never going to be good enough. :chairshot:
The current administration (conway execs) are here for the short-haul. They want to make as much money as they can now without looking to the future(like they used to). If the major stockholders could see this, there would be a change.

The current administration (conway execs) are here for the short-haul. They want to make as much money as they can now without looking to the future(like they used to). If the major stockholders could see this, there would be a change.

Amen, brother.

Amen. There is no incentive other than pride to be above average.

Thats what the ICP, the pension, the higher pay, the picnics, the extra food, and all that crap was for...to keep you desiring to retain your job and to encourage you to go above and beyond to ensure you keep your job...worked great until the guy with the lisp :last took over and steered us towards corporate american...welcome all to corporate america..