ODFL | anything special for christmas at your terminal

gocubbies

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if any terminals do anything for their employees for Christmas.....any sort of gift, party, dinner,etc. Nothing at our terminal, at for dock workers.I know office personell received some sort of gift card and will have food catered in on friday, but it's kept hush hush to dock workers

All of our terminals are having a Christmas Luncheon catered today throughout the system for yard,city,dock,road and office alike, it will go on for 24hrs. in hopes (ALL) employees will be able to take part in the festivities. And the vending company will usually put the coffee machine on auto for 24 hrs. also. Seasons Greetings, glad to see (BIG GREEN) is thinking of their employees!!

Just wondering if any terminals do anything for their employees for Christmas.....any sort of gift, party, dinner,etc. Nothing at our terminal, at for dock workers.I know office personell received some sort of gift card and will have food catered in on friday, but it's kept hush hush to dock workers

Which terminal are you working in ?

Same here, nothing for the drivers but I heard the office was having a little holiday party for themselves.

Took this week for vacation. Waiting for a 14month old to wake up and wanting breakfast. It's all good, run out of a smaller terminal, just don't believe any of us showed much interest. PAR had a potluck type get together last week. Believe it was open to all who wanted to be involved. PAR has a chili cookoff coming up.When running wild, always was invited for food, sometimes mandatory, LOL, told to be there for food. Couple years ago Ft Smith terminal manager joked, wouldn't be dispatched until I had a steak and all the fixins. Year before was at Reno, same mentality, eat before dispatch. So, believe it's a terminal option,

har had very nice christmas party two weeks ago everyone was invited....... btw anytime they have FREE food i make sure i get something...lol

Gbo alway's has a little something around Thankgiving.The office alway's has there party's.The daytime dock crew alway's has a christmas party.In thank's to one man who has alway's plan'd it.Everyone bring's food.This year we had a little something special.Claim's were down.Big Money Kick back so we were all treated to steak's a couple week's ago.We were all handed a OD book for the holiday's.Again, very blessed to work for such a family company.I us to work for a place that we were lucky to have pot luck for christmas.The company emlpoyee'd maybe 75 people at the time&they would break down& supply paper product's.What a joke then they wonder why they never made money&all the employee's had bad attitudes.Again,MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the OD family.To the term's that do nothing for there employee's I believe a little bug into corp.would stop the oversite.

Gbo alway's has a little something around Thankgiving.The office alway's has there party's.The daytime dock crew alway's has a christmas party.In thank's to one man who has alway's plan'd it.Everyone bring's food.This year we had a little something special.Claim's were down.Big Money Kick back so we were all treated to steak's a couple week's ago.We were all handed a OD book for the holiday's.Again, very blessed to work for such a family company.I us to work for a place that we were lucky to have pot luck for christmas.The company emlpoyee'd maybe 75 people at the time&they would break down& supply paper product's.What a joke then they wonder why they never made money&all the employee's had bad attitudes.Again,MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the OD family.To the term's that do nothing for there employee's I believe a little bug into corp.would stop the oversite.
:hissyfit: Not at Atlanta Term., its all cames down to your VP and Term. Manager for the area. :438:The Term. Manager we have sucks, he will not do a thing for line haul! Well, everybody have a Merry Christmas:redface:

Well, I quess if you are not happy you need to make a little call to corp.>I bet if they got word thing's will change.Do they have any ccook-out's at all???Do they do anything??