Applied for walmart driver

360baby

TB Lurker
Credits
I recently applied for a driver position at the walmart dc in Smyrna De. Securing a job offer would mean the world to me. I've been driving in the industry for 16 years and have never made over 50000 a year. So this would be a huge upgrade career wise for me. Veterans walmart drivers could you please feel free to leave tips, pointers as well as what to expect during this process. I really really really want and need this job.

Be completely honest. Do not badmouth any past employer. Come up with a positive spin on why you left them. Sell yourself, but don't be hokey. They want to see that you are a team player. Study up carefully for your pretrip, as it is a huge deal to them (safety is everything). Do not curb a tire on the test drive. If you make it through the interview, you will get to do the pretrip and drive. They will tell you if you passed all.

The key is to get that first phone call. If you don't get it this time, keep trying. I was telling everyone over 4 years ago that I was going to be working here. Unfortunately, my DC rarely hires. Well, they did, and I started in December. It truly is the best driving job out there, if you don't have to be that big OTR truck driver. I still can't believe I am doing this.

Good luck driver !!!

Be completely honest. Do not badmouth any past employer. Come up with a positive spin on why you left them. Sell yourself, but don't be hokey. They want to see that you are a team player. Study up carefully for your pretrip, as it is a huge deal to them (safety is everything). Do not curb a tire on the test drive. If you make it through the interview, you will get to do the pretrip and drive. They will tell you if you passed all.

The key is to get that first phone call. If you don't get it this time, keep trying. I was telling everyone over 4 years ago that I was going to be working here. Unfortunately, my DC rarely hires. Well, they did, and I started in December. It truly is the best driving job out there, if you don't have to be that big OTR truck driver. I still can't believe I am doing this.

Good luck driver !!!

Thank you. I appreciate that. I'm kinda nervous about the deal. I understand they want squeaky clean. I'm clean but not squeaky clean. It's been 7 years since my last preventable. I hope that's enough. I've been contemplated applying at several locations at once. Just haven't decided if I'm willing to relocate yet.

Many drivers drive long distances to their DC just to get in. You can transfer after 1 year.

I'm driving 120 miles one way. Other guys on some of the forums are driving well over 250 miles one way. Walmart does not expect you to relocate. I live where I want, and will drive to my job.

I don't know on the 7 year thing. If it comes up in the interview, be completely honest about it, and tell them what you would have done differently if you could do it over................ or, based on what you know now / how you drive now, and what steps you have taken so that it will not happen again. Obviously it is working, as there have been no incidents since. Remember that safety is everything to Walmart, as it should be, because as a driver for them, you have a huge bullseye on your back.

Let us know if you hear anything. If you get the call for the 1st interview, understand that you beat out possibly hundreds of other drivers, just to get that interview. They do not interview a lot of people. For my job posting (they hired 5 in my batch, and there was a second batch with 1-3 hired), there were over 1000 applicants. 16 were interviewed in my batch, and 5 were hired. All 3 that interviewed on the day that I did, got hired. This was the first hiring at my DC in 6 years.

Many drivers drive long distances to their DC just to get in. You can transfer after 1 year.

I'm driving 120 miles one way. Other guys on some of the forums are driving well over 250 miles one way. Walmart does not expect you to relocate. I live where I want, and will drive to my job.

I don't know on the 7 year thing. If it comes up in the interview, be completely honest about it, and tell them what you would have done differently if you could do it over................ or, based on what you know now / how you drive now, and what steps you have taken so that it will not happen again. Obviously it is working, as there have been no incidents since. Remember that safety is everything to Walmart, as it should be, because as a driver for them, you have a huge bullseye on your back.

Let us know if you hear anything. If you get the call for the 1st interview, understand that you beat out possibly hundreds of other drivers, just to get that interview. They do not interview a lot of people. For my job posting (they hired 5 in my batch, and there was a second batch with 1-3 hired), there were over 1000 applicants. 16 were interviewed in my batch, and 5 were hired. All 3 that interviewed on the day that I did, got hired. This was the first hiring at my DC in 6 years.

I will definitely keep you guys posted. My past isn't perfect, but it has been a great learning tool for me. I'm better today for it.

And that is why Walmart wants experienced drivers. Most of us learn from our mistakes. That you have had no other incidents since, shows that you learned from it. That is what counts.

It will all depend on the quality of drivers that they have apply, as to how high your application will be in the pile. I wish you all the luck in the world. This is a great job.

And that is why Walmart wants experienced drivers. Most of us learn from our mistakes. That you have had no other incidents since, shows that you learned from it. That is what counts.

It will all depend on the quality of drivers that they have apply, as to how high your application will be in the pile. I wish you all the luck in the world. This is a great job.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate that. I love my current place of employment. But the financial stability that walmart provides is something I just can't turn my back on.

if i get hired out of grove city ohio what stores or area should i expect to run. and what would the average weekly pay should i be able to make....thanks