ABF | ArcBest debuts line of automated forklifts, reach trucks

How many dock jobs will be eliminated? Is the IBT Freight Division watching this?

:hissyfit:
Someone will still have to load the platform. I can see this working in a warehouse environment where all the freight is square, such as a Proctor & Gamble....

Now it will be someone's job to just walk around and recoup dumped over skids all night. Sounds great! I could see autonomous trucks on the interstate as long as someone is doing things like drop and hooks, chaining tires, etc. Autonomous forklifts on an ltl dock makes no sense at all if you've ever worked the dock. I wonder if they'll be programed to say "oops".
I'd love to see a video of one going through a pup the way an ltl company really loads them.

Thank you for arriving for your appt 10 minutes early. Thank you for patiently waiting 30 hours to get a door. Thank you for waiting on a robot unloading set up that takes a while and longer to get empty.

Thank you for being a non earning chump.

If all human truckers simply quit and everything becomes robot... theres going to be a problem.

You could see this coming. With most of the younger people in the work force not having the skills and willing do manual labor. They grew up with video games and using the controllers, having college courses teaching to fly drones and such. I think we're going to see more of this type of jobs. As always just MHO.

0 jobs lost. It’s in the contract for the next 5 years. Also those are not going to work on a freight dock so get your panties back out of a wax

What happens if someone can hack the forklifts have them damage hazmat shipments nothing connected to the internet is fully secure!