ABF | Arcbest for sale?

9ee3ea66d781e5660252b2e2a44fb2c4.jpg
Everything is for sale for the right price , who every thought Roadway and Holland would be sold or even local companies in your town , look at past 20 yrs of how many got bought out too !! Never say Never in the Trucking World !

The April 2023 CPI-W (297.730) plus 3.5% would total 308.150 for April 2023. For every 2/10ths of one percent the CPI-W is above 308.150 in April of 2024, it is a one cent raise. But, it is only payable if it equals a minimum of five cents in a year. So, in order for us to get the COLA raise, the CPI-W would have to reach 309.150 or higher in April of 2024 to reach the five cent minimum. Then, every 2/10ths of one percent it goes above 309.150 is an extra one cent raise.

IMG_2832.md.jpeg IMG_2800.md.png
My apologizes. Allow me to correct myself. For every 2/10th’s of “one full index point“ (not one percent as I stated in the above post) that the CPI-W goes above 309.150 when the April 2024 numbers are reported is an extra one cent raise on top of the five cents for reaching the 309.150.

Any company not privately owned is for sale. The board of directors is obligated to the stockholders. If an offer is made on the stock the board is required to act on behalf of the stockholders. Having gone through a takeover attempt, I have seen undervalued stock bought by corporate raiders who bought enough shares to force the board to take action. In this case the raiders quietly bought about 10% of the company stock then made an offer on the remaining stock. The company, ABF, was forced to get financing to pay a higher price than the stock had been trading for previously.
Road driver came in last night (a long time employee) and started telling the new guys that we’re in trouble with T Force buying us. He continued spewing nonsense about ABF can’t afford this contract & one of the guys said then why did they agree to it, his response was because it’s ABF’s 100 anniversary. So I guess we’re not going to get a decent raise for another 100 years.

Road driver came in last night (a long time employee) and started telling the new guys that we’re in trouble with T Force buying us. He continued spewing nonsense about ABF can’t afford this contract & one of the guys said then why did they agree to it, his response was because it’s ABF’s 100 anniversary. So I guess we’re not going to get a decent raise for another 100 years.
When did RazorBlade start driving for ABF???
:17142::17142::17142:

There are always rumors (aka. gossip), in the trucking business. I wish I had kept a diary of all I heard. Truck stops & drivers rooms are worse than a beauty shop where old women spread gossip & talk about about everything from affairs to the Royal Family. I knew some fellow workers who would start rumors about the most ridiculous things then laugh at those gullible enough to believe it. One of the best worked on the dock at LR. The local would get calls about a rumor he started. When the BA asked where they heard it, (he usually knew the answer without asking), he would remind them about the last rumor he started.
I have not seen anything that remotely indicates that ArcBest is looking for a buyer. As I remember T Force sold their ABC stock & used the cash for an acquistion.

Yeah, nothing like a road driver who has all night by himself to come up with complete nonsense.

There are always rumors (aka. gossip), in the trucking business. I wish I had kept a diary of all I heard. Truck stops & drivers rooms are worse than a beauty shop where old women spread gossip & talk about about everything from affairs to the Royal Family. I knew some fellow workers who would start rumors about the most ridiculous things then laugh at those gullible enough to believe it. One of the best worked on the dock at LR. The local would get calls about a rumor he started. When the BA asked where they heard it, (he usually knew the answer without asking), he would remind them about the last rumor he started.
I have not seen anything that remotely indicates that ArcBest is looking for a buyer. As I remember T Force sold their ABC stock & used the cash for an acquistion.
We had a guy who was so gullible we just had to start rumors.
Anything said to him was a fact.
I was one of the guilty rumor starters.