Yellow | Are all the road drivers working in Chicago.

silverstreak

TB Lurker
Credits
Would appreciate an honest answer as to if the bottom drivers are working steady out of Chicago. How many days they are working and are they sitting past their call time? Are the bottom guys forced onto sleepers or can they run single? Do they just run out of CGB or all the terminals?

Would appreciate some feedback. Was going to transfer up there on the COO but would have been at the bottom of the road board and didn't want to end up paying for a motel for days and not working.

i am 870 out of 956 (8/06), originally a yellow driver out of chicago ridge. i never had problems working before the change and only got forced on teams about 5-10 times a year (still hated it though) i bid the chicago heights terminal (extra board) in the change because i didn't want to get stuck running teams. i have been on call since 2/28 and have not worked yet. so depending on where you were on the board that hotel could be costing you a bunch $$$$ by now.

Lower board has been sitting since before the Merge and still sit today. It is so disorganized right now at 301 (old CGB) that it will take another week or two before things get rolling again....just my opinion. :popcorn:

i am 870 out of 956 (8/06), originally a yellow driver out of chicago ridge. i never had problems working before the change and only got forced on teams about 5-10 times a year (still hated it though) i bid the chicago heights terminal (extra board) in the change because i didn't want to get stuck running teams. i have been on call since 2/28 and have not worked yet. so depending on where you were on the board that hotel could be costing you a bunch $$$$ by now.
I'm number 824 on the master and 158 on the extra board at the heights. I've been sitting since mon 2 Mar. If they're not gonna work me give me my f'ing layoff letter so I can find another job.

I'm number 824 on the master and 158 on the extra board at the heights. I've been sitting since mon 2 Mar. If they're not gonna work me give me my f'ing layoff letter so I can find another job.

I guess that is what has been talked about and an ultimatum given to YRC, however, that's all I "heard". I had to drive back home ....sick as a goat....I'll try to find out more as soon as I can hold my head up again..........you might be getting your wish real soon though.

I guess that is what has been talked about and an ultimatum given to YRC, however, that's all I "heard". I had to drive back home ....sick as a goat....I'll try to find out more as soon as I can hold my head up again..........you might be getting your wish real soon though.
Well I mean its only fair. I understand that volumes are down or whatever, but I could make more running rails or something. Unemployment doesn't pay a whole lot and my gf is tired of me sitting around the house. I just wish the stuporvisors had some kind of a clue what was going on.

Well I mean its only fair. I understand that volumes are down or whatever, but I could make more running rails or something. Unemployment doesn't pay a whole lot and my gf is tired of me sitting around the house. I just wish the stuporvisors had some kind of a clue what was going on.

The management is going through the same thing we are. Louie was able to work on the computer system with a lot more success the last time I was up there. That's a good sign. They just got a new PAPER system going where if the driver comes in without bills for his/her trailers they are to fill out a sheet of paper that informs the dispatchers that there is a load out there. That should clear up some of the confusion.
When you do get working again...and you will, make sure that you get your DELAY time on your trip BEFORE they arrive you, and make sure you know where your going...the paperwork I've had has had me going to two different places at the same time....ETA times are very tight too. Three hour leeway from Phoenix to Chicago.

The management is going through the same thing we are. Louie was able to work on the computer system with a lot more success the last time I was up there. That's a good sign. They just got a new PAPER system going where if the driver comes in without bills for his/her trailers they are to fill out a sheet of paper that informs the dispatchers that there is a load out there. That should clear up some of the confusion.
When you do get working again...and you will, make sure that you get your DELAY time on your trip BEFORE they arrive you, and make sure you know where your going...the paperwork I've had has had me going to two different places at the same time....ETA times are very tight too. Three hour leeway from Phoenix to Chicago.
I guess you could say I'm a little disgruntled. I knew this whole thing was gonna be a mess so I had another job lined up at US Steel, but then the economy tanked and they at least had the decency not to put me on only to lay me off a couple weeks later. Right now I'm in a catch 22 cause I really don't want to walk away from this job unless I got something that's better, but being in limbo right now is killing me. If they would just lay me off I could find something to get me through until stuff picks up here or US Steel starts putting people on. I don't blame terminal management so much as I blame upper management. At least with a layoff letter I can find something.

I understand your dilemma. Wish I could help you more. Good luck driver.
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not trying to whine or blame senior drivers or whatever. I just want to be given the option to work elsewhere if YRC is not gonna work me, without throwing away the three years I have put in here.