Yellow | Are Concessions Funding ABF’s Exit from LTL Trucking?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I had seen a lot of new equipment at ABF.
They have two choices, spend their money on equipment and real estate or divvy it out in bonuses. Of course they'll spend it before they give it to us.

ok ,just look at the history of union trucking companies and how many are gone , and then look at the number of non-union trucking companies , which is way mare and then look at the PAY scale and the non-union PAY SCALE IS HIGHER AND THEY HAVE A MATCHING 401-K !!! so as Jamie says the numbers speak for themselves , non-union with a package del. combo , like Fed-Ex ,XPO, UPS Frt , is the way it will be in years to come !!! and yes ABF has that new way of thinking !!!

YPjUOz1.jpg

Why have a contract anymore if you are not going to use it they are just making it up as they go unreal come on Hoffa get with the program wake up hello are you there ????

ok ,just look at the history of union trucking companies and how many are gone , and then look at the number of non-union trucking companies , which is way mare and then look at the PAY scale and the non-union PAY SCALE IS HIGHER AND THEY HAVE A MATCHING 401-K !!! so as Jamie says the numbers speak for themselves , non-union with a package del. combo , like Fed-Ex ,XPO, UPS Frt , is the way it will be in years to come !!! and yes ABF has that new way of thinking !!!
17 years without paying the first dime in weekly medical premiums. Show me what non-union company that is or has done that. After 17 years I will receive 2,040.00 per month in pension money that I did not contribute the first dime to. What non-union company is or has offered that. And yea, I will have it cut by 480.00 some time next year to help keep the fund afloat. But still better than any company 401 with a 6% maximum match. Plus retirement medical insurance that will cost me 200.00 per month for me & the wife till we hit 65 & go on Medicare. No non-union company does that. I pay 60.00 per month in dues. How much does the average non-union company charge an employee for family medical coverage? Bet you it's a lot more than 60.00, with the type of coverage Central States C-6 plan offers. Yea the Union work force in this country is hurting. And I am not happy with the current leadership of the IBT but, it has been a great ride then & will be into the future until I die. von.

When they moved into the new 200,000 SQ FT, 4 story corporate office building this year, they left ABF Freight in the old building all alone.....all the other companies they have moved into the new office building....makes you wonder. ....KK

I see a spin off and a IPO in the their future
crystal-ball.gif

When they moved into the new 200,000 SQ FT, 4 story corporate office building this year, they left ABF Freight in the old building all alone.....all the other companies they have moved into the new office building....makes you wonder. ....KK
That's what I call, "Leaving the old red headed step child behind".