FedEx Freight | Are you guys real?

I understand. And I care. And I feel for those that lose their jobs. Beyond that, as has already been asked, what do you expect me to do about it? Myself and my co-workers are just pawns in the business world.

Should I find out that I will be one of those let go, my response would be an initial "shock" at my life being turned upside down. After that, you get up, study all the options, choose the best course of action available to you and get over it. Life goes on, and I will not let a job change keep me in a state of depression.

:wavey:

Damn right. I too have no dog in this hunt. I found out about the yrc merger and knew I was only working on borrowed time after 6yrs of employment. It does put you into a depressed state. I worked for a few months before I got laid off and found it hard to go to work, and harder to go home knowing it was going to be hard to face my family and not have a job in this economy when the lay off happened. I suggest that if anyone is feeling this way to talk to your spouse (or whoever). My wife gave me new hope. I got laid off 4/14/09 and am now working for Conway since 3/1/10. it is my 3rd job since my layoff. If you want to work you will find something. Take what severance pay you can get and move on. It's not worth wallowing in depression, it wont help anyone.

Damn right. I too have no dog in this hunt. I found out about the yrc merger and knew I was only working on borrowed time after 6yrs of employment. It does put you into a depressed state. I worked for a few months before I got laid off and found it hard to go to work, and harder to go home knowing it was going to be hard to face my family and not have a job in this economy when the lay off happened. I suggest that if anyone is feeling this way to talk to your spouse (or whoever). My wife gave me new hope. I got laid off 4/14/09 and am now working for Conway since 3/1/10. it is my 3rd job since my layoff. If you want to work you will find something. Take what severance pay you can get and move on. It's not worth wallowing in depression, it wont help anyone.

glad you landed on your feet driver

There are only two responses to these situations...

One either lets it kick their butt!...or gets out and kicks butt. There is no in between.

The movers and shakers will survive...the rest won't.

Rat