ABF | Arkansas Best Corp Announces Change To Its Non-Union Pension Plan!

If I live to see a ballot, I promise I will mark it and send it in, I just don't see a rejection of this TA putting us at an advantage.....just sayin....you could get much worse, I will join the ranks of the layed-off Teamster and about 3,000 or more will join me if YRC can find a way to get this done

Really I don't think the union can allow this to happen. Second the SEC should take a look at all of this. ABF had to report this in within four days of it happening. They filed a 8k with the SEC ( Form 8-K may be used by a registrant to satisfy its filing obligations pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act, regarding
written communications related to business combination transactions,) Here are the rules for filing the report.

A report on this form is required to be filed or furnished, as applicable, upon the occurrence of any one or more of the
events specified in the items in Sections 1 - 6 and 9 of this form. Unless otherwise specified, a report is to be filed or furnished within
four business days after occurrence of the event. If the event occurs on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday on which the Commission
is not open for business, then the four business day period shall begin to run on, and include, the first business day thereafter. A
registrant either furnishing a report on this form under Item 7.01 (Regulation FD Disclosure) or electing to file a report on this form
under Item 8.01 (Other Events) solely to satisfy its obligations under Regulation FD (17 CFR 243.100 and 243.101) must furnish such
report or make such filing, as applicable, in accordance with the requirements of Rule 100(a) of Regulation FD (17 CFR 243.100(a)),
including the deadline for furnishing or filing such report. A report pursuant to Item 5.08 is to be filed within four business days after
the registrant determines the anticipated meeting date.

Here is a link read it for yourself. They did this just before the tenative was to come out, why do you think they did this. Click on form 8k and read, like I said get the facts first and think for yourself.

Securities and Exchange Commission Forms List

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though, it is a nice looking site, and I do cruise it sometimes, and get some breaking news, but you gotta be quick to get ahead of the old TB

See that...we agree again...TB is a great site...never heard me state otherwise. If you cruise by...you can always register and voice your opinion and any facts that you may have...you may not believe this but I don't hold anything against anyone just because they have different opinions...as long as they formed that opinion based on facts...not propaganda. But don't get me wrong...I'll still argue my point...lol

See that...we agree again...TB is a great site...never heard me state otherwise. If you cruise by...you can always register and voice your opinion and any facts that you may have...you may not believe this but I don't hold anything against anyone just because they have different opinions...as long as they formed that opinion based on facts...not propaganda. But don't get me wrong...I'll still argue my point...lol

LMAO!!!! Bull**** post of the night!

Your fear has blinded you!!!! If ABF wants to remain independent...they will be...and I did say if!!!! Why don't you check out their history before you cave into that fear of yours?

Hmmm, it's your opinion that "Fear" has blinded him. What "FACTS" do you base that opinion on?

I have been around long enough to know that ABC Board of Directors won't allow the stock to become a penny stock like YRC. If an agreement cannot be reached to make ABF profitable they will sell whatever is necessary. Selling ABF would get the pension albatross from around their neck. I don't think YRC will ever again pay the full pension benefit like ABF. The figure of $18 a share has been floating around. I think it would take more than that to buy it but that would be much better than reverse splits like YRC has done. If I had major shares of ABC stock I would take the money & not look back. There are many investments that have a much larger return.. The pension obligation is bleeding ABF & trying to compete with non union lines with 401K's or 25% like YRC makes the road ahead look dismal. Since I am a Teamster I certainly want my pension to be funded. At the same time I am looking at reality & know ABF can't continue to trade dollars & keep stock holders content. Without investment & growth the company will die.

LMAO!!!! Bull**** post of the night!

Hmmm, it's your opinion that "Fear" has blinded him. What "FACTS" do you base that opinion on?

Do you really want to know what facts I got there stoney...how about the facts I have about you showing up as a counter-demonstrator at union functions? I'm growing very tired of your anti union rhetoric in all the while portraying yourself as a third generation Teamster. All you do is come to these forums spouting off like a spoiled little brat having conniption fits...you are the end result of someone that probably had your butt kicked on a regular basis when you were in school.If you don't want to be a Teamster...simply just take a withdraw card...if you are so worried about the company needing relief...simply just write them a check every month...but don't come here and spout off about us Teamsters being greedy and spreading outright lies about Judy and other top management taking wage and benefit cuts!!!!

Are you trying to tell me that it wouldn't be a better bargain with a 5 year concessionary contract? If I were planning to sell...that's what I would be shooting for!!!!!

We will be a REAL bargain WITHOUT a contract, Docker, cause that's where we will be, when this TA is voted down....and then you can work under...guess who's wonderful contract....BILLIONAIRE UNION BUSTERS are driving this train, with their cronies on YRC's board....you're confident that ABF will go back to the table.....what if the IBT won't go back to the table? Since they have their strong arm on YRC's board, they really have no incentive, and if they do, will it be a good faith negotiation? That would be a NO! I would suggest you climb off your high horse, son, before you get your butt thrown off.....

We will be a REAL bargain WITHOUT a contract, Docker, cause that's where we will be, when this TA is voted down....and then you can work under...guess who's wonderful contract....BILLIONAIRE UNION BUSTERS are driving this train, with their cronies on YRC's board....you're confident that ABF will go back to the table.....what if the IBT won't go back to the table? Since they have their strong arm on YRC's board, they really have no incentive, and if they do, will it be a good faith negotiation? That would be a NO! I would suggest you climb off your high horse, son, before you get your butt thrown off.....

I'll make it simple for you TurnCoat...it's called " Standing up for what you believe...or bend over and get what you deserve!!!!

Now...since you made that statement...why don't you take it upon yourself to come and throw me off this high horse of mine!!!!! It's getting very tiresome to hear people like you talking tough when in reality...you couldn't lick a postage stamp!!!!

As you can see...I don't respond well to threats...I think it's always best to carry those threats through!!!

sir-winston-churchill-quotes-e1351431435750.jpg

Do you really want to know what facts I got there stoney...how about the facts I have about you showing up as a counter-demonstrator at union functions? I'm growing very tired of your anti union rhetoric in all the while portraying yourself as a third generation Teamster. All you do is come to these forums spouting off like a spoiled little brat having conniption fits...you are the end result of someone that probably had your butt kicked on a regular basis when you were in school.If you don't want to be a Teamster...simply just take a withdraw card...if you are so worried about the company needing relief...simply just write them a check every month...but don't come here and spout off about us Teamsters being greedy and spreading outright lies about Judy and other top management taking wage and benefit cuts!!!!

Ahhh, poor little princess didn't like it when I used his own logic against him.

Sorry pal, OWS rallies aren't "UNION" functions. Especially the one I went to.

And what anti-union rhetoric have I said?

Got any facts to back up your opinions?

Ahhh, poor little princess didn't like it when I used his own logic against him.

Oh Good the Drama Queen is back lol

Oh Good the Drama Queen is back lol

We've been over this. I wasn't the crying and bitching about ABF taking money from my families mouth, that be you. You, some lazy turd who can only make 60k at ABF. Have to be some kind of loser to only make 60k ABF.

As for you showing up at that union function up as a counter-demonstrator...are you giving me your permission to post that article? Then people can decide for themselves? After all...I still remember how you cried like a little chicken livered drama queen over it before...lol

As for the anti-union rhetoric...how's this for starters:

You're company right? Remember according to my union brother's, only other's are greedy, never them.
Everyone else should take a paycut, but never them! It doesn't matter that everyone on the company side( CEO on down) took a cut in pay and benefits, you company lackys are selfish and greedy!
Truth is, right now, it's my so called union brothers that are being selfish and greedy.

So...how about it there stoney...are you ready to start standing up like a man?

By the way...

( CEO on down) took a cut in pay and benefits,

Show the proof!!!!!

As for you showing up at that union function up as a counter-demonstrator...are you giving me your permission to post that article? Then people can decide for themselves? After all...I still remember how you cried like a little chicken livered drama queen over it before...lol

As for the anti-union rhetoric...how's this for starters:

So...how about it there stoney...are you ready to start standing up like a man?

By the way...

Show the proof!!!!!

No I'm not giving you permission. I don't like having my name and picture plastered on forums.
Do you? Where's your real name? Where's your pic?

And it was you they claimed OWS rallies are union functions. That's news to me. OWS rallies are rallies that protest against capitalism imo. The rally I went to had no official union backing.

And that qoute is only anti union in your opinion. Sorry Docker, you are not the sole decider of whats an anti union post or not.

We've been over this. I wasn't the crying and bitching about ABF taking money from my families mouth, that be you. You, some lazy turd who can only make 60k at ABF. Have to be some kind of loser to only make 60k ABF.

The only loser and turd here is you, not to mention a low life!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not giving you permission. I don't like having my name and picture plastered on forums.
Do you? Where's your real name? Where's your pic?

And it was you they claimed OWS rallies are union functions. That's news to me. OWS rallies are rallies that protest against capitalism imo. The rally I went to had no official union backing.

And that qoute is only anti union in your opinion. Sorry Docker, you are not the sole decider of whats an anti union post or not.

I sure am when it come to you showing up at an union function as a counter-demonstrator...lol

Really I don't think the union can allow this to happen. Second the SEC should take a look at all of this. ABF had to report this in within four days of it happening. They filed a 8k with the SEC ( Form 8-K may be used by a registrant to satisfy its filing obligations pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act, regarding
written communications related to business combination transactions,) Here are the rules for filing the report.

A report on this form is required to be filed or furnished, as applicable, upon the occurrence of any one or more of the
events specified in the items in Sections 1 - 6 and 9 of this form. Unless otherwise specified, a report is to be filed or furnished within
four business days after occurrence of the event. If the event occurs on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday on which the Commission
is not open for business, then the four business day period shall begin to run on, and include, the first business day thereafter. A
registrant either furnishing a report on this form under Item 7.01 (Regulation FD Disclosure) or electing to file a report on this form
under Item 8.01 (Other Events) solely to satisfy its obligations under Regulation FD (17 CFR 243.100 and 243.101) must furnish such
report or make such filing, as applicable, in accordance with the requirements of Rule 100(a) of Regulation FD (17 CFR 243.100(a)),
including the deadline for furnishing or filing such report. A report pursuant to Item 5.08 is to be filed within four business days after
the registrant determines the anticipated meeting date.

Here is a link read it for yourself. They did this just before the tenative was to come out, why do you think they did this. Click on form 8k and read, like I said get the facts first and think for yourself.

Securities and Exchange Commission Forms List

I'm VERY interested in hearing about how the IBT would stop an acquisition. Will junior stand in front of ABC and stamp his feet?