Estes | As March 1st approaches..

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new terminals that are to open March 1st
? Are there any new hubs? Is there a main break facility? Has anyone seen anything new in relation to routing to these new terminals? Any news on new road or hub bids out of your terminal in relation to the new terminals? As far as things go at 024 I'm guessing we'll continue to use 028 or 055 to send our freight to the new area.

kansas city got 3 new runs a fargo meet in south dakota. a minneapolis meet in iowa on I 80 through omaha up and back alot of droppin and hookin. and a ames iowa turn meet with minneapolis. i would guess that west stuff would go to omaha instead of all commin to kc. all the des moines and omaha terms will come to kansas city and work the dock there. so kc (164) will be treated as a hub

kansas city got 3 new runs a fargo meet in south dakota. a minneapolis meet in iowa on I 80 through omaha up and back alot of droppin and hookin. and a ames iowa turn meet with minneapolis. i would guess that west stuff would go to omaha instead of all commin to kc. all the des moines and omaha terms will come to kansas city and work the dock there. so kc (164) will be treated as a hub

Hey thanks for some info.. I was starting to think maybe it wasnt happening. I thought KC was already a hub/break of sorts.. guess It won't hurt to have the extra work though.

well kc is a break but the drivers running to our term and having a hub is a new deal. omaha and des moines will have drivers run to kc and work the dock. i guess the weather is warmer here. ya it should pick up hopefully in a north south direction. maybe omaha meeting denver will take some of this godforesaken west frieght off our hands.

well kc is a break but the drivers running to our term and having a hub is a new deal. omaha and des moines will have drivers run to kc and work the dock. i guess the weather is warmer here. ya it should pick up hopefully in a north south direction. maybe omaha meeting denver will take some of this godforesaken west frieght off our hands.

Where do you guys get your west freight from? CLO, SPM? I'd have to think STL would load over you guys. Unless you guys pull relays from STL,IND,CHI,or WMX. I'm not real familiar with where there might be other break/hubs and as we all know the routing of freight always has people scratching their heads. All of our KCK freight goes through IND or STL, I can't remember off the top of my head. I guess we'll have to see if there's any difference in the amount of freight going that direction to see any routing changes for 024 HAR. Just one other question, are you familiar with how the hub works? Seeing how it's new @ KCK.. you wait til you see the hub in action.. It's quite a sight and the jockeys and dock guys had better have some preshift redbulls, because when we used to have it here it was a mad house. Glad they decided to move it to Elkton, now we only have a handful of hub guys.

basically nobody knows how the frieght will go till its there. but yes west fright comes to kc from all over in the n.e. soo we will see what happens

I'm going to be a new driver out of Minneapolis. I dont start for about a month and I think i'm gonna be doing city work. Eventually I'll get a linehaul run.

I'm going to be a new driver out of Minneapolis. I dont start for about a month and I think i'm gonna be doing city work. Eventually I'll get a linehaul run.

If I applied somewhere and was told I would have to wait a month or so to start and I was not sure what I would be doing I would keep looking for another job. I like my job and most of the people I work with. We have problems like everyone else. You have to ask around your terminal to see how it is there.

Also it helps if you can find out what religion your TM is and claim to be or convert to that religion, this is not a joke and I know it is against the law. And no I do not have this problem, but I know of a few terminals that do.

Whats wrong elvis?? they not a good company or something?

welcome to the boards mister and i think i met ya are you the utility driver ?? the bald dude.. i was the good lookin guy that asked ya about it.:hysterical: anyway this thread is full of gi and EX gi drivers. so basically dont listen to 'em. boo hoo is all you will get out of most of the cry babies on here. it is a good job and like anything in life the job is what you make of it . anyway good luck and i will see ya again. nice meetin all you guys up in 138. nice term also. a hell of alot better than when dugan had it. big e dropped some bucks

thebeerboy, i havent started yet. I got in this week to do the rest of my stuff. Road test and drug test. And it was my choice to start in a month cuz with my current job its hard for me to get the time to go there. thebeerboy you still work for Estes? What you do and where are you out of??

i work out of kansas city. and yes i work at estes. it is a good job . i will say all ltl jobs are a pain some days. but i've made more money here than i ever have. sure yellow teams make a killin. and our teams don't do to bad also. so like i said its the same ol thing just different color truck

Well I'm coming from a foodservice company and by me switching i'll be making 3 dollars more a hour starting for some less work. No 2 wheelin. My uncle works at yellow and wants me to go there cuz there union. Do you come up to Minneapolis alot? Maybe once I start i'll see you around

its really hard tellin how much i'll be up there. ya its real hard to get a job at yellow right now. the line of laid off drivers is a mile long