Estes | Athens, Ga terminal

You’ll leave Tuesday night and stay out in the system for 5 nights, return Sunday morning. Occasionally you’ll get through the house during the week. Expect to visit the many Atlanta terminals on a regular basis which are full of low hanging fruit. It’s pretty slow right now fyi, but we seem to be doing alright.

At times you will be bebopped around those really close terminals and work your tail off with drops and hooks but maybe not many miles. Just depends Xtra board can be great and at times a real big pain. Get your time in and climb the ladder and possibly get a bid run.

Where do most of the extraboard guys out of 047 run? I know with the Atlanta terminals being so close that I’ll see them plenty, but do you usually start out of Athens and go to Atlanta then somewhere else? I’d imagine I’ll see a lot of Florida but just curious where I’ll end up.

St Louis driver got shot at leaving the terminal a few weeks ago.
I aint gonna lie there were times i got scared in that area. You get off the interstate then have little over 6 miles to get to terminal and having to stop at those red lights at night. These old tractors aint got no get up and go. Some drivers said they just run them. People out there walking the streets all hours of the night.

I aint gonna lie there were times i got scared in that area. You get off the interstate then have little over 6 miles to get to terminal and having to stop at those red lights at night. These old tractors aint got no get up and go. Some drivers said they just run them. People out there walking the streets all hours of the night.
That’s my home terminal.
It’s chaos in this city 24/7. We’ve all had our cars broken into, trailers have been robbed in the middle of the week during prime time linehaul hours. Most of the dockworkers came right off these streets and are in on it. I just keep my eyes forward and get out as quick as possible. Hoping to transfer out in another year or so because it’ll never get better.

Late at night ain’t no way I’m stopping at a red light…just like East STL, you keep moving.

That’s my home terminal.
It’s chaos in this city 24/7. We’ve all had our cars broken into, trailers have been robbed in the middle of the week during prime time linehaul hours. Most of the dockworkers came right off these streets and are in on it. I just keep my eyes forward and get out as quick as possible. Hoping to transfer out in another year or so because it’ll never get better.
You serious Clark?? Why don’t they bring in armed security like some of the truck stops??

Just curious how long it generally takes to get a schedule out of a terminal like Athens… I don’t want a daytime schedule, I’d even be happy with a lay down run. Any insights?

Speaking of STL I’ve driven past it a million times, took the time to Google Earth it… is it always a ::::shit:::: show in there? Looks like you can hardly move.
Fenton? Yeah it’s tight but it’s a decent terminal. I meant to say the St. Louis driver got shot at while leaving the Memphis terminal. I guess he pulled out in front of somebody on Shelby Dr Superspeedway and offended them.

Just curious how long it generally takes to get a schedule out of a terminal like Athens… I don’t want a daytime schedule, I’d even be happy with a lay down run. Any insights?
Just depends if they have any bids open and how many drivers are in front of you. They put a bid up put your name on it you never know you might get lucky. But it could take awhile. They have bid wild spots to as to what day you would leave out etc. Find the where they put post bids on the board there and check it every time you walk in.