TForce | Atlanta Hiring

LehighValley

TB Lurker
Credits
How are things at the Atlanta terminal? Where exactly is it located or is there more than 1? This weekend I decided to possibly move back to Atlanta (I lived there in the 90's but spent my youth every summer since 1982). Are there any layoff's around Atlanta now? I noticed the website say's they are taking applications for the future but I figured it's better to find out what's up from the drivers (You guys). I actually stopped driving and went back to a managment job because that's what I did for about 16 years before I started driving truck a few years back. The only way I would get back behind the wheel and drive again is to be working for the best which I consider you all especially after you guys became union.

If anyone can give me a contact name and number for the terminal(s) around Atlanta it will be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I'll have to apply through the website for P&D/Road because honestly I'll do either. How does your linehaul work? Do you run the road at night soley or do you have a dayshift linehaul operation too? Is it easier to get in driving linehaul or P&D and how does the contract work as far as switching from P&D to linehaul after a while? Is that possible and do you lose senority doing so?

I just sent you a pm LehighValley, and yes their are layoffs among the Metro Atlanta terminals, mainly from what I've seen in Linehaul. Give me a few days, and I'll try to get some contact info.

I've been layed off for 5 weeks from Old Dominion in Atlanta. I would love to get on with UPS. I will drive linehaul or OTR. I prefer linehaul, but right now I will take anything. I'd even work the dock to get my foot in the door. Do I have to apply online or can I just go to the terminal on Moreland Ave and apply. I've looked at their website. It looks like I can't apply online to ATL right now. Only Macon and Savannah. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kneedragger, you can stop by off Moreland, but you have to fill out an app online, for a while they were accepting applications for future employment at ATL, MAR (Marietta), GAI (Gainesville) and NOA (North Atlanta). Other than that, just keep checking back on the website, theirs roaddrivers on layoff currently at the above terminals, also check for dock positions as well, you maybe able to get in as a Casual Dock w/ CDL, should things pick up this Spring/Summer. Goodluck