SAIA | Audio Recording Confirmed

I respect that brother! Just don’t be anyone’s fool.
I’m not a fool. I just understand the technology and I’m not scared of it. I’m also aware I’m an at will employee. I applied to work here. Nobody forced me to work here. So if I am ever as unhappy as some of these guys are. I’ll just quit. There are plenty of jobs out there.

Who is they? Just call Lytx or research it. Nobody has remote access. If they tell you that they are lying. I’ve done the research and called to put them
In my truck I was buying. Makes the insurance cheaper and has saved my ass when I had a wreck. It downloads events then they are sent over a cellular connection. Not even Lytx can access your camera. You all believe what you want. But that is the truth about the system

Over at YRC we have the Lynx devices too, but with the inward facing camera deactivated. I listened to the Lynx presentation along with other manufacturers when YRC was choosing devices several years ago. Lynx said these devices didn’t have the capability to monitor at will, only to record a 20 second “episode” and then download it to Lynx. Mostly a cost factor. We have had more drivers exonerated than found guilty of anything, at least here locally.

Over at YRC we have the Lynx devices too, but with the inward facing camera deactivated. I listened to the Lynx presentation along with other manufacturers when YRC was choosing devices several years ago. Lynx said these devices didn’t have the capability to monitor at will, only to record a 20 second “episode” and then download it to Lynx. Mostly a cost factor. We have had more drivers exonerated than found guilty of anything, at least here locally.
I think it’s a great tool. It’s the fact most people don’t have all the facts on how they work. The biggest deal at Saia is everyone misses their phone usage. I get it. Personally I don’t talk on a phone while driving. To me it’s distracting.

I think it’s a great tool. It’s the fact most people don’t have all the facts on how they work. The biggest deal at Saia is everyone misses their phone usage. I get it. Personally I don’t talk on a phone while driving. To me it’s distracting.

You are so drunk on SAIA’s kool aid it’s laughable. Let me give you a few facts on how they used the cameras to “protect” me. I’m driving through a industrial plaza(private property) at idle speed, camera goes off after speed bump, HH was in my hand because I was looking for the suite # ( not talking, texting, just holding) wrote up! Wow , thanks, I feel safer now. Another time I was called in and they literally asked me who I was talking to, said myself, I’m going crazy I guess. They literally went frame by frame in slow motion to look for a Bluetooth. He said,” Haha, there it is “, I replied that if he hadn’t noticed, I wear prescription sunglasses and he seen my arm frame and I sang the song for him that I was listening too and I walked out. What a great tool huh! I have many more but this is too long already. It’s misused and abused for reasons it wasn’t designed for so you can love it till it’s used against you, then you’ll be singing a different tune.

You are so drunk on SAIA’s kool aid it’s laughable. Let me give you a few facts on how they used the cameras to “protect” me. I’m driving through a industrial plaza(private property) at idle speed, camera goes off after speed bump, HH was in my hand because I was looking for the suite # ( not talking, texting, just holding) wrote up! Wow , thanks, I feel safer now. Another time I was called in and they literally asked me who I was talking to, said myself, I’m going crazy I guess. They literally went frame by frame in slow motion to look for a Bluetooth. He said,” Haha, there it is “, I replied that if he hadn’t noticed, I wear prescription sunglasses and he seen my arm frame and I sang the song for him that I was listening too and I walked out. What a great tool huh! I have many more but this is too long already. It’s misused and abused for reasons it wasn’t designed for so you can love it till it’s used against you, then you’ll be singing a different tune.
Yes I’m drunk. Because I follow the rules. Car spun in front of me I hit it. Camera showed not my fault. That’s all that matters. Nobody forces you to work here. There are plenty of companies without cameras. Lots of guys have went to OD. Every time I see them they say it was a mistake. All because they wanted to talk on the phone

Yes I’m drunk. Because I follow the rules. Car spun in front of me I hit it. Camera showed not my fault. That’s all that matters. Nobody forces you to work here. There are plenty of companies without cameras. Lots of guys have went to OD. Every time I see them they say it was a mistake. All because they wanted to talk on the phone

In 1992 I t- boned a lady who ran a red lite(1 vehicle accident in my career) no camera, found not at fault. I would be just fine if I quit or got fired tomorrow. No debt. I’ve never heard of any regret moving up to OD so whatever.

In 1992 I t- boned a lady who ran a red lite(1 vehicle accident in my career) no camera, found not at fault. I would be just fine if I quit or got fired tomorrow. No debt. I’ve never heard of any regret moving up to OD so whatever.
22 years of driving. That’s my first wreck. When I walked back to the driver I asked him what happen. He said I don’t know. I said it’s fine I have a camera it’s all on there. His next words where. I lost control my fault. Does having a camera suck ? Yeah it does. But we work for this company voluntarily. As for the Guys that went to OD. They are at the bottom getting cut and driving old equipment.

I know the technology exist. I also know the TM’S don’t have time on really care about spying if they could. If they are they need another job. But honestly I could care less. I make very good money here. Excellent benefits. I do my job safely. Grab my bills get off the yard and go to work. I don’t need a manger telling me thank you. I don’t need a cook out. I come here for a paycheck and that’s what I get. If they want to spy on me. That’s a boring day for them
I'm with you. I just show up , do my job, and go home. It's not the TM's watching you. They are the end of the line.

I'm with you. I just show up , do my job, and go home. It's not the TM's watching you. They are the end of the line.

You are correct, it’s the safety dept telling your tm to put the hammer down. If you don’t have a zealous tm, he will find the delete button.

You are correct, it’s the safety dept telling your tm to put the hammer down. If you don’t have a zealous tm, he will find the delete button.
Actually the TM can’t do that. Safety knows when or if you’ve been coached. If he has a record of doing that he will soon find himself out of a job. He can minimize it and make excuses for you but that’s about it. But if it’s a blatant violation he could fire you on the spot depending on the severity. That’s the problem with being hired “at will.” This place plays favorites big time.

Actually the TM can’t do that. Safety knows when or if you’ve been coached. If he has a record of doing that he will soon find himself out of a job. He can minimize it and make excuses for you but that’s about it. But if it’s a blatant violation he could fire you on the spot depending on the severity. That’s the problem with being hired “at will.” This place plays favorites big time.

That maybe true but it’s happened. You don’t even sign for a coaching or video anymore. They ran so many drivers off, there now only getting you for severe cases and discarding minor offenses(so it seems)

That maybe true but it’s happened. You don’t even sign for a coaching or video anymore. They ran so many drivers off, there now only getting you for severe cases and discarding minor offenses(so it seems)
My buddy got caught, somewhat like train did and about something just as trivial. The memo, from the Safety Department, requesting a "coaching session" read like he had shot the pope. He had to sign that he had been coached.

My buddy got caught, somewhat like train did and about something just as trivial. The memo, from the Safety Department, requesting a "coaching session" read like he had shot the pope. He had to sign that he had been coached.
It’s all about building a file with documentation on every worker. That way the company has covered its own backside in the event of litigation. Each time you sign one of those documents it’s like another piece of wood on the fire to burn you.

It’s all about building a file with documentation on every worker. That way the company has covered its own backside in the event of litigation. Each time you sign one of those documents it’s like another piece of wood on the fire to burn you.

Does an at will employee have a choice to not sign?

Check out samsara it makes lytx look like a :censored: cat ABF is installing it now
You two need to retire. Come on over to the retirement side of life. The water is fine.