Average Age of Passenger Vehicles Hits Record High

T

Tom Krisher

Americans are keeping their cars longer than ever: the average age of a passenger vehicle on the road hit a record 12.5 years this year, according to data gathered by S&P Global Mobility.

Continue reading...

Nice mirrors.
Pete Holmes Reaction GIF by CBS

Ny newest is 19 years old 278,000 miles, runs great... my second vehicle is 32 years old... runs excellent...
GMC 2003 - 265K , still running , bought new on 3 years 0% was the loan , paid it off 32 months .
I cry everytime we leave the truck lot , they can shove the battery , half breed trash . Here I come
for 🤞325K miles .

Ny newest is 19 years old 278,000 miles, runs great... my second vehicle is 32 years old... runs excellent...
I have a 78 Chev 3/4 ton with I don't know how many miles, a 94 Silverado with 324 K, wife has a 2005 Tahoe with 178K that is going to last as long as she is driving. The 99-2006 Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Suburban & Sierra with the LS engines seem to run forever. I have a relative who bought a 2002 Suburban new, You may not believe it but it has over 700K & is still running. Years ago I convinced him it costs less to keep his vehicles serviced than to buy a new one every 100K, he believes me now.

I have a 78 Chev 3/4 ton with I don't know how many miles, a 94 Silverado with 324 K, wife has a 2005 Tahoe with 178K that is going to last as long as she is driving. The 99-2006 Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Suburban & Sierra with the LS engines seem to run forever. I have a relative who bought a 2002 Suburban new, You may not believe it but it has over 700K & is still running. Years ago I convinced him it costs less to keep his vehicles serviced than to buy a new one every 100K, he believes me now.
I have an 02 yukon with 170k miles... my son currently drives it... I've had it since brand new, and it still runs like new... I easily see it going another 170k...