Average Age of Passenger Vehicles Hits Record High

Slave would prefer we go back to 1975 when the "big three" had 95% of the market, little or no competition, and cars were worn out rust buckets in 5 years.

Slave would prefer we go back to 1975 when the "big three" had 95% of the market, little or no competition, and cars were worn out rust buckets in 5 years.
Why not.
They're still not rust buckets today.
Do you see any of their "superior" replacements on the road today.
I live near a car show location.
I see a bunch of the so-called junk American cars that still look awesome.
No japanese ones though. Which were supposed to be so much better according to believers like you.....more nonsense.

I much prefer used cars which have 300,000 miles on them for $6000 which is what I saw on Craig's List a few months back.
And which cost $2000 every time they need repairs.

I'll take the union dominated American market back then over corporate dominated society of today.
At least you could fix your own car.
Not so with the environmental and tech crowd highjacking the engineering with computers and electronics and unnecessary parts.

1975 best seller.
Olds Cutlass

Worth $45K today.

1975 best selling Japanese in US.
Toyota Corolla....junk.
$11k. Today.

I have to trust GM and Ford when they say and advertise that the Asian cars are built better and are more reliable than the stuff they build. Those companies will get you a 7 year loan but only offer a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. My 2005 Kia Amanti is still on the road and my 2013 Kia Sorento is still under warranty. The dealer even sent me a card telling me to bring it in for a free inspection to get any needed repairs before the warranty expired. BTW, it was built in West Point Georgia. Bing search, GM has 14 plants in Mexico and employs 15,000 people.