R&L | Average Drivers Hours. Drivers With Lowest Number Of Hour Get To Work.

Because that young pup hasn’t made the investment in your company that the older guy has. He Should be rewarded for helping build your company with more than the new guy. Everyone is not entitled to equality of hours as not everyone has invested blood sweat and tears over years

I almost completely agree with this, unless it’s a young pup that’s just starting out and has a family to support, I don’t mind giving some hours up, just give me the choice though. But I would say most of our bottom guys are just job hoppers that are always looking for some greener grass, I don’t have too much sympathy for them. And most of us long term employees have lumped countless amounts of ugly freight and have been there for the company through thick and thin, making miracles happen for them, so we do deserve the opportunity to work or not not work at our choosing.

I can’t say what every state does, but from what I have seen you can file for unemployment benefits if you are only getting a day or 2 a week. You don’t have to have a pink slip in your hand, but must report any income for the week you are filing.
Yeah that was the real female dog if it. My state you can file partial unemployment but you have to have two consecutive weeks before it kicks in. So , I think they did this on purpose, I'd get one week at say 750$ gross (above the level of partial which for me worked out to about 680$ a week based on previous years tax return) next 400$, then 800$, then 425$, then 800$ and so on. Finally did get better after about 7 months. A big slug of long timers retired and I jumped up about 15 spots. I didn't go in looking for promises and knew I had to put time in, but a manager blatantly lied when I asked what to expect in pay at first. Was at 65K a year with old company and told them I could get by at 40K till I moved up payscale and time. Manager said "no problem, you'll be way above 40k". When I confronted him about it he replied "well, you have to survive your first year with R&L then you'll be fine" I told him no, R&L needs to survive their first year with me and right now you're not doing very well. He didn't like that. I remind him once in a while that he and the company are still on probation with me as far as I'm concerned. He really doesn't like that, especially when I tell him that when he sticks his funny little head in the drivers' room.

Just remember, if you get laid off you’ll lose your insurance benefits.
You’ll be without insurance, or you’ll have to pay COBRA which is expensive.
Of course if you don’t get your insurance through R&L, you might want to be laid off.

Just remember, if you get laid off you’ll lose your insurance benefits.
You’ll be without insurance, or you’ll have to pay COBRA which is expensive.
Of course if you don’t get your insurance through R&L, you might want to be laid off.
Nobody is getting laid off, that would cost too much money paying out unused vacation time and sick pay...Furloughs are possible sometime soon, and guys not working everyday need to Google "The Cares Act" ... They can open claim for days they aren't working.

Makes sense, you want your brothers to go hungry during all of this? Quit being greedy. It’s only temporary. Either freight won’t come back and the drivers you hate to share hours with will be laid off or things will turn around in a month and your company will have the men on hand to handle the increase in freight without risking to lose it to other carriers that can handle it.
Nobody at our barn is greedy. We have from the day this barn has open. We have always had the guys rotate time off. We have never called HR over it. They would give the top guys first option to take off. And we always have guys taking off when asked. I offered to work 4 days till this was over. Was told no. Point was don't force us when we do just fine now. Blanket policy don't always work. Anyway I think it was are dip ::shit:: TM Making ::shit:: up. He is always doing that. Dome and glom TM. Our bill count is back to normal after 2 weeks. Guys are being called in early many are still running 2 trailers a day.

Nobody at our barn is greedy. We have from the day this barn has open. We have always had the guys rotate time off. We have never called HR over it. They would give the top guys first option to take off. And we always have guys taking off when asked. I offered to work 4 days till this was over. Was told no. Point was don't force us when we do just fine now. Blanket policy don't always work. Anyway I think it was are dip :::shit::: TM Making :::shit::: up. He is always doing that. Dome and glom TM. Our bill count is back to normal after 2 weeks. Guys are being called in early many are still running 2 trailers a day.

If you worked for Associated back in the 50s and 60s, you were part of that greedy bunch, (greedy to lead the pack)
All we saw of those old Browns was black smoke and tail lights.

Pretty much the same here too. I wonder how it works down in the South?
Outsider here, I was hired at R@L as a Paramount employee and got screwed with less pay and benefits then everyone else at the barn. This was 2008. After a few weeks I was only getting a couple of days a week so I filed for unemployment. The way it works in my Southern state is if you don't make enough money for the week of work that equals the amount you would make on unemployment, unemployment pays the difference. Example if you work 2 days and make $200 and your eligible for $500 a week unemployment, you would receive $300 from unemployment. I only lasted 6 months at R@L and got hired at Con-Way

Outsider here, I was hired at R@L as a Paramount employee and got screwed with less pay and benefits then everyone else at the barn. This was 2008. After a few weeks I was only getting a couple of days a week so I filed for unemployment. The way it works in my Southern state is if you don't make enough money for the week of work that equals the amount you would make on unemployment, unemployment pays the difference. Example if you work 2 days and make $200 and your eligible for $500 a week unemployment, you would receive $300 from unemployment. I only lasted 6 months at R@L and got hired at Con-Way
Pretty much that’s the way it rolls in Oregon. Not completely sure, but I think the maximum weekly benefit amount is around $625 here.

If you worked for Associated back in the 50s and 60s, you were part of that greedy bunch, (greedy to lead the pack)
All we saw of those old Browns was black smoke and tail lights.
I will give you a little back ground. My dad was a Associated Driver from after WWII and was one till the end of Associated and Eastern. I worked for Associated in 1975 laid off. My dad almost lost his life. Bucking the union. I was a kid at the time. But remember well. There was a group of Teamster who organized to go up against Hoffa . Not sure how many were part of this group. and how many barns were involved. But it lead to bloodshed and murder at local 107. I would not call it greed. I would call it misguide drivers following thieving union leader. If you are that old. You know if you drove LTL. You had no choice. Associated had bad management and Eastern had the money. Kind of like Yellow Roadway

Last edited: