XPO | Back Pay On Random drug tests

Good deal we are getting back pay wonder if it is with interest. Now I will go every week easy mondy:hyper:

Guess you didnt hear,they are back paying you out of your VVP bonus money,SO in short they really are not paying you,but taking from your bonus and calling it a reimbursement

Guess you didnt hear,they are back paying you out of your VVP bonus money,SO in short they really are not paying you,but taking from your bonus and calling it a reimbursement
It's called fuzzy math, kinda like they do it in washington, dc

Considering VPP is from profit then everything the company buys or does comes from your VPP. Would you like the company to stay exactly the way they are and never change or update?

I'm assuming this will be covered in our monday morning meeting? This will be a big topic when all the driver's find out, I called a couple of guy's that i figured would know(they know all the gossip) and it was new's to them. and I didn't tell them the part about the 3 year backpay. How are they going to figure all of that out?

I'm assuming this will be covered in our monday morning meeting? This will be a big topic when all the driver's find out, I called a couple of guy's that i figured would know(they know all the gossip) and it was new's to them. and I didn't tell them the part about the 3 year backpay. How are they going to figure all of that out?
Its 2 year back pay to Dec. 1 2009. They have already figured it out and will be on your check dated week ending 12/31

Your crackin me up. The back pay is coming from our portion of the profits not the companies,some will argue that its all the companies money to do with how they choose and I say Con-Way giveth and are real good at the taketh away part.
Considering VPP is from profit then everything the company buys or does comes from your VPP. Would you like the company to stay exactly the way they are and never change or update?

Change doesn't scare me so you can come up with some other scenario to throw this off topic...I would like the company to do the right thing,pay us what is owed to us,NOT take money out of our left pocket and put it in our right....Being your of supervisor status,please tell me, and the others on here where they are getting the money to retro pay us for the tests???Please break it down in numbers for us so we can see how we are still going to get the money that was originally quoted/setup for us to receive, while taking out for the drug screen reimbursement...This is my point and has been my point...The company is not taking a cent or spending a cent out of their pockets, BUT taking money from shall i say, our hard earned bonus,then redistributing it to us like they are doing us a favor,when in reality they are just manipulating numbers/money around to suite their case until next year...Now i will sit here and wait for your managerial response seeing i am just an irritating person who complains to complain seeing nothing makes me happy...Isnt that what you said???
My comment was directed towards Snoman. It just irritates me when people will complain just to complain. Nothing ever makes them happy.

May I add that it is sad that it had to come to a possible lawsuit for them to finally do this...

I haven't heard anything about this..who said this?

Change doesn't scare me so you can come up with some other scenario to throw this off topic...I would like the company to do the right thing,pay us what is owed to us,NOT take money out of our left pocket and put it in our right....Being your of supervisor status,please tell me, and the others on here where they are getting the money to retro pay us for the tests???Please break it down in numbers for us so we can see how we are still going to get the money that was originally quoted/setup for us to receive, while taking out for the drug screen reimbursement...This is my point and has been my point...The company is not taking a cent or spending a cent out of their pockets, BUT taking money from shall i say, our hard earned bonus,then redistributing it to us like they are doing us a favor,when in reality they are just manipulating numbers/money around to suite their case until next year...Now i will sit here and wait for your managerial response seeing i am just an irritating person who complains to complain seeing nothing makes me happy...Isnt that what you said???

May I add that it is sad that it had to come to a possible lawsuit for them to finally do this...
I have read the communication bulletin several times and no where does it state the money is coming out of the VPP fund. Do you have any documentation on this?

My terminal and personal manager...This is no joke,you can believe it if you want to, or not..

I believe the part about the back pay..but, i cannot ignore ignorant comments about using the bonus money to pay for it. You have to understand that everything is budgeted.. its not going to affect your bonus pay-out.. yourSCM was merely using a figure of speech. But, YOU believe what you want.

I have read the communication bulletin several times and no where does it state the money is coming out of the VPP fund. Do you have any documentation on this?

Ill see what i can do monday..Ill call them in the morning and ask them were they seen this..

Yeah. I don't have a personal manager either. We have a personnel manager at our Service Center.

LOL, see were special at XBV,we get personal managers...lol, sorry for the spelling error,doing this on LH sleep after being up all day too....

I believe the part about the back pay..but, i cannot ignore ignorant comments about using the bonus money to pay for it. You have to understand that everything is budgeted.. its not going to affect your bonus pay-out.. yourSCM was merely using a figure of speech. But, YOU believe what you want.

OK i will, and you believe what you want, BUT i do have one question for ya seeing my comments are ignorant to your standards, I can see them budgeting it next year,IF they knew they were gonna have to pay us back then have they been budgeting this money for the last 3 years for us???Come on dude,get your head out of the hole,this was something they didnt see coming and to keep the numbers up they took from Paul to pay Peter...its not that hard to figure out...Now unless we have a tremendous 4th quarter, we may not see a difference cause the profit will cover the retro pay,but i dont see that...BUT i will ask monday were the managers seen this so i can let you know cause as always you guys that are 100% pro conway always need documentation to back up claims against the company, If you dont beleive me then why dont you guys ask your SCM also...See what they have to say....

Last edited by a moderator:
it's real; not sure if you'll hear it in a MMC, but ask your SCM or PS - they will confirm AND produce a list of those who can expect reimbursements. it may even be posted @ your service center.
another 'win' for Con-Way employees

Ill see what i can do monday..Ill call them in the morning and ask them were they seen this..

LOL, see were special at XBV,we get personal managers...lol, sorry for the spelling error,doing this on LH sleep after being up all day too....

OK i will, and you believe what you want, BUT i do have one question for ya seeing my comments are ignorant to your standards, I can see them budgeting it next year,IF they knew they were gonna have to pay us back then have they been budgeting this money for the last 3 years for us???Come on dude,get your head out of the hole,this was something they didnt see coming and to keep the numbers up they took from Paul to pay Peter...its not that hard to figure out...Now unless we have a tremendous 4th quarter, we may not see a difference cause the profit will cover the retro pay,but i dont see that...BUT i will ask monday were the managers seen this so i can let you know cause as always you guys that are 100% pro conway always need documentation to back up claims against the company, If you dont beleive me then why dont you guys ask your SCM also...See what they have to say....
That was the only issue where it seemed like you were using slimestones brain to think. I've always liked your level-headed comments. Now, we only have two weeks left in the year, so the money is not going to be on this check..so if the money(I've still never heard of any of this) is not on the next check, then it will not affect the profit for this fiscal year.

That was the only issue where it seemed like you were using slimestones brain to think. I've always liked your level-headed comments. Now, we only have two weeks left in the year, so the money is not going to be on this check..so if the money(I've still never heard of any of this) is not on the next check, then it will not affect the profit for this fiscal year.

LMAO, Slimestones not gonna like that one....lol..As far as how we are going to recieve the payment, i would think it is going to be on a seperate check,not included in/on our regular pay role...