R&L | back to 68mph

Well I'm jealous! We got cut from 68 to 65 over here at Estes about the same time you guys got cut. Now you guys are back up and we are still pluggn at 65 (66 on cruise) Hope big E bumps us back soon. I gotta a good friend that works for you guys that I run with at night alot and I'm tired of saying "wait on me!"...:biglaugh:

We've been at 65 for awhile now and it really doesn't bother me. I know when it happened to you guys it really upset alot of you and I just never understood that.
That was the only reason that I asked.

we used to be at 72 so from 72 to 65 is a big jump back ,, and if you dont get paid by the hour every single mph counts,in a 10 hour round trip i can be 30 minutes earlier back at the term before you, doing 68 vs ur 65 truck, that's why drivers got upset because they just want to get home and weren't getting paid more to stay out longer.

I've notice a lot of companies have been turned down to 68. My brother drives for a mail contractor and their speed has been cut to 68. He said he used to put his foot on the go pedal and didn't take it off until he had to stop for fuel or was behind slow traffic. I know his truck would do 85-90 easy because I tried to run with him one night and I couldn't keep up. He said fuel prices really hurt his company last year because they had to repay the post office for going over on the allowed amount of fuel on his run.