Back Up Power Supply (ups) For Your Pc's?

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
I got a desktop pc, i rather have this set up, then a laptop, or hand held device, in fact, i still have an old fashion "flip phone", heck, i buy repair kits for my garden hose.

i like desktop pc's, as they can be opened up, and rebuilt or "souped up" with better hardware devices, and it's like another hobby for me.

well back in April of 2016, i had bought a battery back up (UPS) for my pc, from Amazon.

it is a Cyber Power, and was rated very high in reviews and dependability, and not just from the Amazon website.

well now, the battery is kaput after 3 years. ok, no big deal, i searched for replacement batteries, and one website, Batteryrush, i am able to get a replacement for about $25.00..(this includes the price for shipping)

clearly way cheaper than buying a whole new UPS, like back in the day when a replacement battery cost nearly as much as a new UPS. (i know, i had a Belkin UPS) way back in the day.

so, if any of you have a desktop, and run with a UPS, have you had to replace the battery or the entire unit?

i know i might be grasping at straws with this, as many more people have hand held devices than desktops.

thanks in advance.

I got a desktop pc, i rather have this set up, then a laptop, or hand held device, in fact, i still have an old fashion "flip phone", heck, i buy repair kits for my garden hose.

i like desktop pc's, as they can be opened up, and rebuilt or "souped up" with better hardware devices, and it's like another hobby for me.

well back in April of 2016, i had bought a battery back up (UPS) for my pc, from Amazon.

it is a Cyber Power, and was rated very high in reviews and dependability, and not just from the Amazon website.

well now, the battery is kaput after 3 years. ok, no big deal, i searched for replacement batteries, and one website, Batteryrush, i am able to get a replacement for about $25.00..(this includes the price for shipping)

clearly way cheaper than buying a whole new UPS, like back in the day when a replacement battery cost nearly as much as a new UPS. (i know, i had a Belkin UPS) way back in the day.

so, if any of you have a desktop, and run with a UPS, have you had to replace the battery or the entire unit?

i know i might be grasping at straws with this, as many more people have hand held devices than desktops.

thanks in advance.
Ot only takes one hand to hold them...you will be ok....:poke::6817:

Sheeesh. And people complain about Hat references....
well Dave, apparently after 66 people read my posting, i must be the only person still using a desktop pc....

that's ok, to be in a majority of one...

i still shave using a cup with shave soap, and a brush........

in other news, what the hell is Ridge sox popcorn..????

I remember when my PC desktop with Vista died and I was using my iPad. I got a new PC after a year and I discovered I like the pad and phone better. Never thought that would happen. I’m young enough to be more tech savvy, but I’m not. Never took a computer class. But I am intuitive enough to figure out the icons that Jobs put out.
I have an iPhone 5 and my email is still with AOL.

in other news, what the hell is Ridge sox popcorn..????
TB member Big R Guy (BRG) has many side gigs besides being Illinois’ slowest shuttle driver. One of them happens to be the popcorn supplier to the Chicago Ridge Sox stadium. He got it by only accepting 15% of the profits and home plate seats. His popcorn comes in many flavors, with the favorite being bratwurst.

thanks in advance.
According to my son who is my computer guru, make sure the transformer is working to keep battery charged, they think the battery is bad but it's just dead and not charging, told me some you can change the battery and some not worth changing it to just replace the whole thing, hope this helps pro if not get with stimpy im sure he will have something

According to my son who is my computer guru, make sure the transformer is working to keep battery charged, they think the battery is bad but it's just dead and not charging, told me some you can change the battery and some not worth changing it to just replace the whole thing, hope this helps pro if not get with stimpy im sure he will have something
I've got some jumper cables.... :idunno::usa:

I've got a pair of Bluetooth jumper cables for sale. They are only 8 foot, but it's a start.

8HrmAop.jpg

new back up battery arrived a few minutes ago, via my letter carrier.

removal/installation was super easy, it is now showing my the input voltage, where before, i couldn't get any readings at all.

comes charged up, but as it is inside the UPS< it'll top off as needed.

before the new battery, digit is reading backwards/crazy

DSCN0674_zpsfff2lyyf.jpg

after installation of the new battery, it shows input volts,

DSCN0686_zpsg7ipeajl.jpg

battery was about $13 and change, shipping added another $10 or so, came to about $24/25.00

better than handing over, over $100 or so for a new UPS.