FedEx Freight | Bad News

Squaretire

TB Lurker
Credits
I was told by a FedEx National driver this morning that we had a FXFE driver killed last night (Thursday). He had stopped to help another driver going the other way and while
standing by the truck another driver clipped
one of the parked trucks, went thru the median, turned over, and hit our driver.
This happened somewhere between Abilene and Sweetwater.
That is all the details that I have.

wreck.jpg

Law enforcement and emergency crews were busy Friday morning as one person was killed in an accident on I-20. According to Emergency Services Director Grant Madden, a person attempting to help a truck driver was killed when another truck driver did not see the accident. The accident remains under investigation and more information will be available once the investigation is complete.​
As reported by the SweetWater reporter
Sweetwater Reporter - Home

FM

R.I.P. Fed-Ex driver, Allen Ray Wrinkles, 33, of Odessa.

Sometimes ya wonder if you should get out of your truck to help. You know deep down in your heart that's the first thing needed to do for a fellow driver , you know you would do the same without hesatation , but what about your family and your own safety. This is very sad. My prayers go out to Allen's family and God bless him for thinking of others in a time of need. Rest in peace our friend and thanks for watching over the rest of us....

Very sad!

Our thoughts and prayers wil be with the family.

Unfortunately, we never know when its our time. I hope all the rest of us got in last night off the ice safely!

God Bless the family of this man! He was trying to do the right thing.

Hey guys I worked with Allen and Jeff and was on the scene shortly after it happened. Basiclly, Jeff jummped out into the left lane trying to avoid a s-10 that pulled over real fast. Jeff was driving a west truck and got caught on a wet oil patch on the road. He lost control and ended up upside down in the eastbound lane. Allen ran over to help, when an eastbound truck hit Jeff's truck trying to avoid it and hit Allen. We think Allen heard the screech of the tires and inadvertenly jumped in front of the other truck. This is what I know, but this is not what the media reported.

Welcome ''purplehaze''.
I'm sorry for the loss of our brother , your friend Allen. How is Jeff doing ?

R.i.p.

My thought's and prayer's go out to the family and freinds of our fellow driver. It's a sad thing too happen ,we never know when it's our time only the man upstair's has all that info. our driver was doing what he loved and taking care of his freind's. REST IN PEACE

Sometimes ya wonder if you should get out of your truck to help. You know deep down in your heart that's the first thing needed to do for a fellow driver , you know you would do the same without hesatation , but what about your family and your own safety. This is very sad. My prayers go out to Allen's family and God bless him for thinking of others in a time of need. Rest in peace our friend and thanks for watching over the rest of us....

no offense to anyone but im not stopping on a busy hwy,chances are i coulnt help anyway.way to many unknowns.

no offense to anyone but im not stopping on a busy hwy,chances are i coulnt help anyway.way to many unknowns.

I only stop If I'm first on the seene,and it doesn't put others in more danger. Try to stop beyond the acccident so people will see.

Before FedEx accusition of Watkins our driver co-ordinator told us alot of trucks wrecked out on I-20 in the Abilene area.

Thoughts and prayers to this drivers family and friends.