Yellow | Bancruptcy On The Horizon

I think that they are getting all of the support that they should need to survive. Let's give it some time here. These next few months are critical. All we can do is give them "a fair days work for a fair days pay", and if that isn't enough, I guess they have failed....not us!

I followed yrc P&d unit last week. 53mph I stayed behind him out of curiosity for a while then took off. Can't blame him he was doing nothing wrong, nothing extra either.

I followed yrc P&d unit last week. 53mph I stayed behind him out of curiosity for a while then took off. Can't blame him he was doing nothing wrong, nothing extra either.

I can't speak for that particular unit, but I've been in a couple of those P&D tractors that topped out at 55mph

I am laid off from Yellow and now struggling with J.B. Hunt. When large carriers struggle it tells you one thing. THE ECONOMY IS BAD. J.B. Hunt is also struggling to find freight to keep drivers moving. They are not hiring as I speak for some major dedicated runs. I run Dedicated for PPG and they are hurting too. This blame for YRC's problems is just many people trying to justify their own problems. Con-Way, Fed-Ex and every major carrier is scrambiling for any freight they can get just to pay the bills. All this negativity only breads more negativity. Just be realistic for a minute and think about what is going on in this economy. My miles here at J.B. went from 2100 a week to 800 a week. I and thousand others are all struggiling. Bill collectors are calling me three or four times a day for $$$$ that I do not have. I am trying to stay focused, but all I ever hear is the same guys complain about the same old thing about how its this guys fault and this guys fault. I would love to see you haters put in Bills position and see what better you can do. Just be thankful right now that you have a job and you are bringing in some money other then the people who are not and worried where the next check is coming from.

I am laid off from Yellow and now struggling with J.B. Hunt. When large carriers struggle it tells you one thing. THE ECONOMY IS BAD. J.B. Hunt is also struggling to find freight to keep drivers moving. They are not hiring as I speak for some major dedicated runs. I run Dedicated for PPG and they are hurting too. This blame for YRC's problems is just many people trying to justify their own problems. Con-Way, Fed-Ex and every major carrier is scrambiling for any freight they can get just to pay the bills. All this negativity only breads more negativity. Just be realistic for a minute and think about what is going on in this economy. My miles here at J.B. went from 2100 a week to 800 a week. I and thousand others are all struggiling. Bill collectors are calling me three or four times a day for $$$$ that I do not have. I am trying to stay focused, but all I ever hear is the same guys complain about the same old thing about how its this guys fault and this guys fault. I would love to see you haters put in Bills position and see what better you can do. Just be thankful right now that you have a job and you are bringing in some money other then the people who are not and worried where the next check is coming from.

Outstanding post !!!!!!!!!

Hope things get better for you Detrob,alot of what you say is true. However Bill is the one who got this company in the debt problem we are now in, by wonting to buy up all these other trucking companys (for more than they were worth) and be a global player that is all on Bill

Maybe he had one of the feel good speedometers, it said he was doing 58. Most of the one's that say 66, only go 62. Makes me feel good to see 66 on the dash though.:clap:

I'll give you credit wild deuce, you are a master at authoring threads like this. Either you love stirring the pot or you are jdk 1600 in disguise. This is your way of having fun, right?

We can all put our heads in the sand and pretend that none of this is happening, or we can plan accordingly. Reality is that theres a good possibility yrc goes bankrupt....plan for it!! If yrc doesnt go bankrupt that will be OUR bonus!! We all will get through this weather you stay a truck driver or change professions which is probably the best thing to do in this economy.... remember that these notes that are due will only be paid by freight in our trucks, yrc can sell the whole farm but bottom line is freight pays the bills and there is minimal!!!

We can all put our heads in the sand and pretend that none of this is happening, or we can plan accordingly. Reality is that theres a good possibility yrc goes bankrupt....plan for it!! If yrc doesnt go bankrupt that will be OUR bonus!! We all will get through this weather you stay a truck driver or change professions which is probably the best thing to do in this economy.... remember that these notes that are due will only be paid by freight in our trucks, yrc can sell the whole farm but bottom line is freight pays the bills and there is minimal!!!

I just sold my stock less than 5 min ago at $3.87, I took a $750 loss but I'm just glad to have my money back. Tomorrow all kinds of bad economic news comes out plus YRCW reports after the close and it ain't going to be pretty.:hide:

I just sold my stock less than 5 min ago at $3.87, I took a $750 loss but I'm just glad to have my money back. Tomorrow all kinds of bad economic news comes out plus YRCW reports after the close and it ain't going to be pretty.:hide:

I am shocked!!!, I thought you would be in for the longhaul. I am not being critical, just shocked. I bought a 1.56, sold at 4.02 so you see what I mean.
You make me wonder what news is coming out tomarrow, I am waiting with baited breath. I do not have a brass set to put my money back in, but I do believe Yellow is going to make it. I do not know how, but I just feel it. My wife says, buy again, I just, can not do it. So time will tell. :popcorn:

I am shocked!!!, I thought you would be in for the longhaul. I am not being critical, just shocked. I bought a 1.56, sold at 4.02 so you see what I mean.
You make me wonder what news is coming out tomarrow, I am waiting with baited breath. I do not have a brass set to put my money back in, but I do believe Yellow is going to make it. I do not know how, but I just feel it. My wife says, buy again, I just, can not do it. So time will tell. :popcorn:

optimism is healthy but reality is a sickning

These are the events that will drag the market down big time tomorrow:

Major business events and economic events scheduled for Thursday:
WASHINGTON -- Commerce Department releases durable goods for December, 8:30 a.m., and new home sales for December, 10 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Labor Department releases weekly jobless claims, 8:30 a.m.:flame:

VOLVO laying off 650 at US truck plant in Dublin, Va. How far down are we going to have to go before this mess gets turned around? Volvo laying off 650 at US truck plant - News Wires - CNBC.com
These are the events that will drag the market down big time tomorrow:

Major business events and economic events scheduled for Thursday:
WASHINGTON -- Commerce Department releases durable goods for December, 8:30 a.m., and new home sales for December, 10 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Labor Department releases weekly jobless claims, 8:30 a.m.:flame:

Yes we are. I couldn't be happier. Good luck to all of the yrc teamsters, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If something does happen you could join the green and gold.

VOLVO laying off 650 at US truck plant in Dublin, Va. How far down are we going to have to go before this mess gets turned around? Volvo laying off 650 at US truck plant - News Wires - CNBC.com

I got laid off of my Teamster job during the recession of 1974. Unemploment was much higher then and things turned around. But the media wasn't out trying to scare the sh** out of everyone then. In other words this is not the great depression. Maybe it will get worse, I'm no seer. But things aren't as bad as these morons are making it out to be. They are so out of touch they didn't even see this coming when all the signs were there two years ago. And now they don't report the truth about where we are because they don't try and find the truth. They just like to scare you because it gets you to listen to them. It is self-serving.

Ladies and Gentlemen are you prepared to bail YRCW out of bancruptcy? I only ask for your honest answers. Nothing more.

:smilie_132:Watch the news, read the paper and check the internet . you will hear this same comment about different companies every day!!!
Come out of your YRCW Bubble