Yellow | Basic wage in this industry ?At 24 dollars an hour can we ever recruit drivers in 2021 ?

1st off yes I know all companies are trying to hire , but point is pay Scale needs to at least match the non-union pay scale and come up with a new pension plan too ! just a idea , not as smart as upper management that makes these decisions !

Forward progress depends upon focusing on higher revenue customers and reducing operating costs further. New equipment will significantly reduce costs incurred from constant repairs to worn out equipment, as well as reduced fuel costs from more fuel efficient tractors and much less empty miles run. Additionally, current equipment being leased will be purchased outright or returned at conclusion of lease agreements. Anyone know what Yellow’s biggest asset is?

Have wages at Yellow kept up with inflation?

See the ad below. I think this was around the time they started running triples on the Ohio Turnpike too.

Clipped from The Akron Beacon Journal, Saturday, September 18, 1993...

Adjusted for inflation...$14.53 an hour is today $26.67 and .36 a mile is now .66 a mile! And those were "starting wages"!

1993 ad - to of 673-3139. a YELLOW FREIGHT SYSTEM, INC....
:wtflol:

Forward progress depends upon focusing on higher revenue customers and reducing operating costs further. New equipment will significantly reduce costs incurred from constant repairs to worn out equipment, as well as reduced fuel costs from more fuel efficient tractors and much less empty miles run. Additionally, current equipment being leased will be purchased outright or returned at conclusion of lease agreements. Anyone know what Yellow’s biggest asset is?
Today I bobtailed 270 miles. Doesn't seen like buying stuff is gonna fix that :idunno:

Pay isn't the problem. The money is excellent for a job that requires no advanced education or training. The hiring problem is working conditions. When companies figure out how to keep trailers full while getting drivers on a regular time schedule, then and only then will hiring be easy. The wheel dispatch is no longer viable. People now demand a life away from work. Linehaul drivers need schedules similar to P&D drivers. A regular work routine where they know when they will be going to work, start times and regular days off.

Pay isn't the problem. The money is excellent for a job that requires no advanced education or training. The hiring problem is working conditions. When companies figure out how to keep trailers full while getting drivers on a regular time schedule, then and only then will hiring be easy. The wheel dispatch is no longer viable. People now demand a life away from work. Linehaul drivers need schedules similar to P&D drivers. A regular work routine where they know when they will be going to work, start times and regular days off.

Good luck with that!

Oh really where are the tandem tractors they can't even move all the 53ft trailers they load now?
I know you're gonna be pleased.
My friend owns a Sterling dealership, Yellow just ordered 300 with Jiffs, 2 mirrors, am radios, and 653 detroits.
Drive safely and you may get one with your name on the door.

I know you're gonna be pleased.
My friend owns a Sterling dealership, Yellow just ordered 300 with Jiffs, 2 mirrors, am radios, and 653 detroits.
Drive safely and you may get one with your name on the door.

Here's the first one - a twin screw for the 53's - being delivered yesterday...

4f2050f6-1051-4102-8d9f-8833.jpg