R&L | Bbq !!

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
So it has been pretty quiet on the board, I thought I would ask what everyone thought of using cherry wood to smoke with vs hickory or mesquite? I just ordered a 26.75 Weber kettle. I think that the food just tastes better on a charcoal grill. It takes a little more time but I think its worth it. Thoughts?

I think your best bet is to have the grill you ordered, delivered into your back yard,and after you are done opening it to inspect for damage , make the driver take the empty pallet back.....and don't forget to say Thank You.....

So it has been pretty quiet on the board, I thought I would ask what everyone thought of using cherry wood to smoke with vs hickory or mesquite? I just ordered a 26.75 Weber kettle. I think that the food just tastes better on a charcoal grill. It takes a little more time but I think its worth it. Thoughts?

Sorry, no opinion on this. I just turn on the gas and cook the food. LOL

I think your best bet is to have the grill you ordered, delivered into your back yard,and after you are done opening it to inspect for damage , make the driver take the empty pallet back.....and don't forget to say Thank You.....

Nah, there is no truck access where I live. I'm picking it up at the dealer so I don't become one of THOSE deliveries ;)

come on... we need something to complain about in this thread...lol..are you sure that you are not getting it delivered because of the way that zimmerman is running us into the ground? you gotta give us something...lol

come on... we need something to complain about in this thread...lol..are you sure that you are not getting it delivered because of the way that zimmerman is running us into the ground? you gotta give us something...lol
You guys must love your company because your forum is dead....That says a lot about your company. I'm going back to my forum where I feel at home. It's a company we love to hate. Chris Keylon runs our circus, as the former Vice President of operations of FedX he takes running a company into the ground to the next level. Count your blessings. You guys take care.

You guys must love your company because your forum is dead....That says a lot about your company. I'm going back to my forum where I feel at home. It's a company we love to hate. Chris Keylon runs our circus, as the former Vice President of operations of FedX he takes running a company into the ground to the next level. Count your blessings. You guys take care.

I used to drive for you guys WAY back when it was still Overland Transportation, hope you guys are able to pull out of the tail spin you're in. Good luck

Well I don't want to pile on any more residentials than we already have. Personally, anytime I pay more than a hundred dollars for a product, I wanna see it in person before I take it.

Use a mix. I love hickory and cherry or white oak and apple on butts and ribs. I rarely use mesquite because it will over power your meat real quick and your meat will have a bitter taste. Keep your fire small but hot and plenty of air flow. Not enough air creates thick white smoke (creosote) and that will ruin the taste and always run your pit exhaust fully open so that the smoke doesn't turn stale in your chamber. Thin blue smoke is the key to great tasting BBQ

thats why your barbqued food taste like dirt.....because you don't know how to cook with charcoal bud....I know most people you have over just be nice and say it's good.

R+L is the worst company I have ever worked for...I hate this job and it's only a matter of time til I find something....eventually I will bring back a full trailer of deliveries....and not one ickup and say adios....but thanks for the job....the don't want drivers....they want boys

Use a mix. I love hickory and cherry or white oak and apple on butts and ribs. I rarely use mesquite because it will over power your meat real quick and your meat will have a bitter taste. Keep your fire small but hot and plenty of air flow. Not enough air creates thick white smoke (creosote) and that will ruin the taste and always run your pit exhaust fully open so that the smoke doesn't turn stale in your chamber. Thin blue smoke is the key to great tasting BBQ

thanks for the advice. I used cherry on a four hr smoke with baby back ribs and it turned out pretty good. Im going to try apple on some pulled pork this weekend.

thats why your barbqued food taste like dirt.....because you don't know how to cook with charcoal bud....I know most people you have over just be nice and say it's good.

I guess im at a loss as why my bbq would taste like dirt since I was asking opinions on different wood flavorings. My bbq is pretty decent. Not competition quality, but no one is turning down a plate either. BTW, most of my friends that come over have dodged the same bullets that I have. They don't have to be nice, they are considered my family and are pretty black and white. They would offer suggestions and then we would get some beer and implement them;)