R&L | be thankful you have a job mantra

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
I read alot of other companies boards here at trucking boards.com, and it seems lately that there is a common thread thru most of the other boards.

be thankful you have a job

This seems to be the phrase most commonly heard when a driver or dockworker tries to present a legit complaint to management and gets the runaround when pressing management for a commonsense solution.

An Example:

I read over at fed ex board that they are recalling drivers on vacation to help with unexpected freight levels. Are they really unexpected? Everyone is expecting YRC to fold at any time, and already some of my terminals lanes are a little heavier. I sincerely hope that YRC doesn't fold. Why? They and the remaining union companies are the reason that we have a 23 plus dollar a hr rate. We all saw how the personal/ sick days evaporated with a cessation of 401k match when other companies did it. Personally, i know quite a few union drivers at the other companies and they are just as professional as we are.
We are all just trying to make a living to support our families. We were brought up to work for what we have, not depend on others for a hand out.
Just because they have a card in their wallet, doesn't mean they are any different from us.

be thankful you have a job

Yes I am thankful I have a job, and can provide a decent standard of living for my family. But you know what? I don't want to be the person that looks back on his life when I am in my twilight years and realize that I can not make up for lost time for the years that I worked 55 to 60 hrs a week making someones numbers look good. When you miss all the ballgames, recitals, plays, is it really better? Are the big paychecks really worth missing out quality time with your spouse and children? One day your kids are in grade school, the next they are picking colleges. And you were too busy to notice.

I bet that there are a lot of you out there that feel the same way I do...

But what is the answer?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Fellow Drivers and Dockworkers

Sapper

Word has it that Bob Z. announced at a "TownHall" in WIL meeting that the personal paid days off would be returned when the economy improves.

I just talked to my doctor and he told me chances are I probably wont get sick until the economy improves...so i guess it's all good.

Just wondering: why is it we need to" be thankful that we have a job", but they[the companies] don't seem to be thankful that they have dedicated employees. Also wondering how long a company can continue to prosper with morale sinking more and more each day.

Word has it that Bob Z. announced at a "TownHall" in WIL meeting that the personal paid days off would be returned when the economy improves.

Just who is it that Zimmermanis talking to at these so called "Town Hall" meetings?

Wonder why he dosen't talk dirctly to the employee's?

Just wondering: why is it we need to" be thankful that we have a job", but they[the companies] don't seem to be thankful that they have dedicated employees. Also wondering how long a company can continue to prosper with morale sinking more and more each day.

LostShephard, you make a great point!!!

I think R&L, and all the companies that have employee's that are working hard every day, not even getting any kind of break through the day, should be thankful as well...

They act as though they could care less about us!!!

I am thankful, thankful to the Lord for everything!!!:shift:

God Bless all the hard working R&L employee's!!!

Just who is it that Zimmermanis talking to at these so called "Town Hall" meetings?

Haven't you seen the PowerPoint Presentations on the Kiosk?

Yes I have seen them, and I ask again "who is he talking to?" There are people sitting in that room, who are they?

it's all window dressing. We were told by are dispacther. That Mike J email LSV. P+D drivers would only have 11 bils each day. No if or but about it 11 that's it. I hit the street today with 14 LOL

it's all window dressing. We were told by are dispacther. That Mike J email LSV. P+D drivers would only have 11 bils each day. No if or but about it 11 that's it. I hit the street today with 14 LOL

I hit the road with 21 bills Wednesday, and 19 bills Thursday...:shift:

Get to eat my lunch everyday, hurrying to the next stop!!!:TR10driving03:

I know at some of the larger terminals the meetings are scheduled to try to reach every shift. I am at one of the smaller terminals so we hear them on the televisions.

I know at some of the larger terminals the meetings are scheduled to try to reach every shift. I am at one of the smaller terminals so we hear them on the televisions.

Wow,your TV still works?We haven't seen an image on ours in months.

When the economy gets better you will see alot of people start jumping ship IE. management, drivers, office personal, and dockworkers...I know of inbound dock supervisor already working on his resume. Its not only going on at R & L, I really don't think the grass is any greener on the other side fence Anywhere