Estes | big Estes express lines news

in the mail today, got a letter about phase1 of linehaul blackberry dispatch to be tried through 1 terminal before going co. wide. IS Estes moving into the new century

in the mail today, got a letter about phase1 of linehaul blackberry dispatch to be tried through 1 terminal before going co. wide. IS Estes moving into the new century

I've never heard of blackberry dispatch. I'm sure it'll be better than the "goodbuddy" dispatch system they have now. It should keep suckas$'s like me from going to sunny south Fla. every week :smilie_132:

I've never heard of blackberry dispatch. I'm sure it'll be better than the "goodbuddy" dispatch system they have now. It should keep suckas$'s like me from going to sunny south Fla. every week :smilie_132:

Ya I'm sure it was one of those GOOD BUDDIES that got my load going toward the house last week. But I had to go North.

I'll believe this systems capabilities when I see it. I read the entire memo... seems like a pretty good idea. Especially for the guys that just want to work and not have to :butt kiss: to get a dispatch. Technology isn't something to be afraid of, and it seems like we might be understanding it. I'd like to see them realize that we could use the same sort of thing to reduce the amount of paper that's wasted, among other things. Do Blackberry's like lasagna? I'm gonna head over to crackberry and see if there's any lasagna applications to add to those things. Be safe out there. :smilie_132:

Had to run North?

Wow....IntoTheNow.....really sucks that we have to run where the freight moves. Most companies run based on customer needs, not driver preferences. otherwise I would have a bid with a 24hr layover to sunny Fla everyweek.

Keep in mind that this Blackberry dispatch will only be efficient IF the terminals put their loads that are ready into the computer right away. I have been at more than one terminal that waits quite a while to put the loads that are ready into the system. I like the idea in theory but time will tell if everyone plays the game the same way.

Keep in mind that this Blackberry dispatch will only be efficient IF the terminals put their loads that are ready into the computer right away. I have been at more than one terminal that waits quite a while to put the loads that are ready into the system. I like the idea in theory but time will tell if everyone plays the game the same way.

They do that at my terminal. They have south Fla. loads but don't put them in the puter til they get the riff raff dispatched. Once the riff raff is long gone they stick the gooder runs in the system and say, "lookie here!! we just came up with 2 Miami's. We just happen to have 2 of our #1 sucka$$'s :butt kiss::butt kiss:waiting for something to do. Should I put them on it?"

So they can save them good runs for their drivers, CJ.:smilie_132:

ya i bet dispatch would poopy in their pants if they saw the freight that actually was out there

Wow....IntoTheNow.....really sucks that we have to run where the freight moves. Most companies run based on customer needs, not driver preferences. otherwise I would have a bid with a 24hr layover to sunny Fla everyweek.

Ya I've been told the same already, but when it is time to head toward the house it is my time. I''m already tired of this new way of doing things. Gettin home on Sunday sucks, I remember the day I left on Monday night and was always back by late Friday night or Saturday morning.
What happened to that.
Now this week I got home early on Sat around 1 in the morning and I'm thinkin great a nice long weekend, but oh no got a call got to go out on Sunday night.
I got to go into the City, can't do linehaul anymore.

Ya I've been told the same already, but when it is time to head toward the house it is my time. I''m already tired of this new way of doing things. Gettin home on Sunday sucks, I remember the day I left on Monday night and was always back by late Friday night or Saturday morning.
What happened to that.
Now this week I got home early on Sat around 1 in the morning and I'm thinkin great a nice long weekend, but oh no got a call got to go out on Sunday night.
I got to go into the City, can't do linehaul anymore.[/Q

Iv been to Cabo,its a small place, P&D should be easy INTOTHENOW.

What happened to that.
I got to go into the City, can't do linehaul anymore.

You not getting 2 days off at home is your fault. They say it is a mon-fri schedule I wouldnt be available til mon.
I am not telling you what to do but I am saying when they tell you to do something and you jump right to it do not blame them or ***** about it.
Oh by the way I was pushed thru to work an extra day and I let them know I would not be available for my regular start day it would be a day later and why. Needless to say it has never happend again. Yeah still here no issues no write ups. I guess some will bend over happily some will bend over and ***** about it and some of us will not bend over at all

hold on we cry about working not enough. now we are crying about working too much.
do i not see something
too many miles, not enough miles
when or what will it take to make everyone happy

hold on we cry about working not enough. now we are crying about working too much.
do i not see something
too many miles, not enough miles
when or what will it take to make everyone happy

Id really be happy to be able to smoke dope again and not take a pee test,could u arrange that for us BB.

I'd like to trade my truck in on a 379 Pete with a texas bumper, a duel heated leather seats with a big screen tv and a scheduled south Fla layover run. If it's not too much maybe throw in tall, blond headed secretary to ride with me to help me with my paperwork. Thanx in advance.