Bill proposal would change Pa. vehicle inspection from yearly to rarely

slavenomore

TB Legend
Credits
That's right get rid of the big money racket for foreign car parts and unecessary mechanic labor.
It's about time a law is worked on for the people...not just to cost extra money every year.

They tried to get that in Maine a couple years ago but the auto repair lobby won. It has been statistically proven that safety statistics in states with no inspection are no different than those with inspection. It's a huge waste of people's time and resources. Hope it's successful for you slave.

They tried to get that in Maine a couple years ago but the auto repair lobby won. It has been statistically proven that safety statistics in states with no inspection are no different than those with inspection. It's a huge waste of people's time and resources. Hope it's successful for you slave.
It's a nightmare really. I don't buy newer cars..
Every year the stress comes thinking.....I wonder what kind of financial plans the mechanics and their families have this year.......because it really seems to come down to how much they want rather than what you need or what safety requires...safety is a political money racket issue....therefore the standard is that there really is none...it relies on what the mechanic wants to do or charge you.
It shouldn't involved haggles or ripoffs. I hate haggling.

And did I mention usury?

How much debt he's in for his property or tools or family life....always figures into every cost I'm sure.
Can't deny the bankers their money for doing nothing.

I think it may be $40 each or so...my guess...for safety and emissions inspections.....but you must be ready to spend $350+ almost any time you go to a mechanic....and I think that price is climbing with everything else.

Every year the stress comes thinking.....I wonder what kind of financial plans the mechanics and their families have this year.......because it really seems to come down to how much they want rather than what you need or what safety requires...safety is a political money racket issue....therefore the standard is that there really is none...it relies on what the mechanic wants to do or charge you.

And did I mention usury?

How much debt he's in for his property or tools or family life....always figures into every cost I'm sure.

I think it may be $40 each or so...my guess...for safety and emissions inspections.....but you must be ready to spend $350+ almost any time you go to a mechanic....and I think that price is climbing with everything else.
I know what you mean. I just had one of mine fail. 19 years old. Multiple problems, most have to do with corrosion. Probably going to be close to $1000 to get it to pass. The things it needs I can't do myself because all the bolts are corroded to where they hardly have a head left on them. Have to be torched or ground off. My mechanic says some of the parts are unavailable, they'll be junkyard items. I was thinking of letting it go but my wife likes it and it's the only thing we got she'll drive. She doesn't like the lack of visibility in our other vehicles.

And did I mention usury?

They stopped doing the emissions test down here and dropped the price from $30 to $13.