XPO | Black Out Days!!!!!!!!!

The black out day was lifted at our barn depending on the linehaul lineup, I put in for a option day, but according to d millers law they will go by service rank, if a senior guy wants a convenience day he gets it ahead of me. somthing stinks:duh: :moon2:

The black out day was lifted at our barn depending on the linehaul lineup, I put in for a option day, but according to d millers law they will go by service rank, if a senior guy wants a convenience day he gets it ahead of me. somthing stinks:duh: :moon2:

You either have favoritism or service rank, I would rather they go by service rank any day.

Favoritism?

You either have favoritism or service rank, I would rather they go by service rank any day.
I don't think first come - first served could be called favoritism? In the case of black-out days being opened up or unassigned vacation days or pto days (after service rank requests at the first of the year) I think first come -first served is the only fair way to go. :1036316054:

Say that in monday morning's Safety meeting of the Thanksgiving holiday week the blackout days were lifted - that afternoon a low man on service rank put in for Wed off - than on Wed morning a day one employee decided he did not want to work that day - should dispatch call the low man and say sorry you'll have to work after all because you were bumped :angry2: ? I would say to me this would be totally unfair.:rockon:

I don't think first come - first served could be called favoritism? In the case of black-out days being opened up or unassigned vacation days or pto days (after service rank requests at the first of the year) I think first come -first served is the only fair way to go. :1036316054:

They can't use PTO's or vacation at the start of the year if it's blacked out right? The problem is that a lot of the drivers don't even know the black out days are lifted. It shouldn't be who ever is in the office when they find out that the black out days are lifted then they run in the TM office and get the day off. A sign up sheet should be posted and let everyone have a chance to sign up for being off and then go by service rank. If a senior man doesn't sign up and that Wednesday he decides he wants off..... then tuff horse hockey for him.

Say that in monday morning's Safety meeting of the Thanksgiving holiday week the blackout days were lifted - that afternoon a low man on service rank put in for Wed off - than on Wed morning a day one employee decided he did not want to work that day - should dispatch call the low man and say sorry you'll have to work after all because you were bumped :angry2: ? I would say to me this would be totally unfair.:rockon:

In a case like this and a senior man had the chance to sigh up for it Monday and didn't...then I would have to agree with you.