Yellow | Bloomington IN. and Effingham ILL. terminals?

Not fully accurate though, the effingham terminal is being moved to salem IL which previously had a yellow terminal, but was closed in the merger.

If anyone is not sure if their term is going to be closing just look at the post that Jeff put up. It has all of the terminals that are going to be closed on there. The fax said that the terminal that I worked at was closing and it sure as hell did!

i think they closed the mt vernon big R moved them to yellow in salem. in evansville even if they get crane and add a guy i think they will still 6 on layoff. i got canned from roadway when they merged in dec. haven't really been in contact since so if anyone knows more about it let us know

I like it.

HEY! Are you trying to get me laid off from THIS job too???????

Hey jimmy,
Do you do alot of dead heading?

I guess the only down side is you don't get alot of repeat customers:biglaugh:

I guess you are the only one on here that truly delivers to "End of Line" terminals:biglaugh:

:hysterical:

I can't help myself

So Jimmy,
I bet the competition in that business is pretty "stiff"? 

Well, atleast you are in a business where the customers will be later than you!:biglaugh:

You are the only one who can get away with saying business is really "dead" and it would be a good thing:biglaugh:

I know I am off topic :(

Hey jimmy,
Do you do alot of dead heading?

I guess the only down side is you don't get alot of repeat customers:biglaugh:

I guess you are the only one on here that truly delivers to "End of Line" terminals:biglaugh:

:hysterical:

In the parent company division, they don't deadhead much; they haul empty skids back, or paint, steel, wood, whatever needed for casket-making. On sets of pups. Only to company-owned warehouses. 90 of them in the USA and Canada.

In my division, I deadhead back 99% of the time. Only deliver to casket-distributors' buildings. Some warehouses/ some just plain buildings. One out in the middle of a cemetary in Pittsburgh; one in a public-housing drug-infested part of Providence , RI where you can only deliver at 3am (Only time there is no parking permitted on the street-- if anyone parks there, you can't make the turn to get in/out-- you're stuck til the next night....).... Mostly run Indy to New England and return right now. 11,000 lbs loaded; empty back, with a single axle tractor, 40' or 48' lift-gate trailer.-- I can hardly wait for those New England Winters, if you know what I mean.....(Hey, my other choices were Bismark, ND, or Regina and Calgary, Canada....) Hand-Push 70 or so 350 lbs caskets to the back and lower them with a lift-gate type elevator. Tougher than I expected, but still the best job I've probably ever had! The business just keeps coming; but even in this, the Chinese underbid EVERYONE......

They tell me when they send me to Nova Scotia, the whole truck goes on the Ferry; I get a room for the 8-10 hour trip. Costs the company $1,000 each way for the ferry. My wife wants to get permission to go along when this trip comes up! (They won't allow it, tho) I'm scared of the water. No problem. Sink and I'd freeze to death, probably.....Wonder if caskets float?

I now return you to the regularly scheduled thread......

"I'm scared of the water. No problem. Sink and I'd freeze to death, probably.....Wonder if caskets float?"

I have a life jacket I'll loan you.:biglaugh:

<snip>
I'm scared of the water. No problem. Sink and I'd freeze to death, probably.....Wonder if caskets float?

I now return you to the regularly scheduled thread......

Then I guess you never had this run did you?? :biglaugh:

yell_maritime.jpg

Yell_on_water.jpg