Central Transport | Bought or leased?????????????

$outh$side $tre$$

TB Regular
Credits
Now, I know that we bought alot of trucks, the 311001-311399. but what about the ones that start with 313... and I know we bought trailers in 2009 the ones that are 5301210R, and then we also bought some last year. and then we have the swing doors, that are 205 models that used to be HEARTLAND EXPRESS. But how about the new trailers, the 5313104R, and the 53' trls that are used on the turnpikes, the ones that are numbered "5313994" "P" at the end instead of a "R" or "S". And rumor has it that C.K. wants to run LH like fed ex with all pups.....Now how in the hell are we going to pull that off? I know I am just some stupid truck driver that should mind my own business, but I am one noisey S.O.B. so lets get this page started with a bang..........

Now, I know that we bought alot of trucks, the 311001-311399. but what about the ones that start with 313... and I know we bought trailers in 2009 the ones that are 5301210R, and then we also bought some last year. and then we have the swing doors, that are 205 models that used to be HEARTLAND EXPRESS. But how about the new trailers, the 5313104R, and the 53' trls that are used on the turnpikes, the ones that are numbered "5313994" "P" at the end instead of a "R" or "S". And rumor has it that C.K. wants to run LH like fed ex with all pups.....Now how in the hell are we going to pull that off? I know I am just some stupid truck driver that should mind my own business, but I am one noisey S.O.B. so lets get this page started with a bang..........
from what I understand they are all leased but the lease company is owned by vitran so its only a tax shelter ploy.

Dont put yourself down like that $$...You are just a pawn in this heartless LTL business..This company lets you know what they want you to know...But you are not stupid. Most all LTL companies are the same...They all have BS....Just click on R&L to see that...What we as drivers must do is stay focused on whats important..Your Family..and if your single with no kids and your parents have passed on to a better place....Then work on being the best you can be....and let the rest go...i know its not always easy...Even i sometimes fall short. But i wont let these sorry SOB's drag me down to their level....To where a man has been stripped of his pride and hung out to dry...I hold my head high and will walk away on my terms...Hold on brother...Better days are ahead...Just maybe not here...You will come out of this stronger than you ever were. Trust me

I've heard from the Pittsburgh shop that they are leased. I also heard from Toledo shop that they are leased that was one reason they wouldn't allow you to put on a utility light on the back. Then I heard from our TM that they were purchased. If you look at the registration in the cab it says owner "NAVISTAR". Now I also heard from the Pittsburgh shop that there are 1500 pup trailers on order but no converter dolleys. Now you can take it for what its worth whether it's true or not.

Stoughtons and Vantage are leased (from a company owned by Vitran) if we are looking at same trailers with a "P" on them, they are just old PJAX trailers, some have letter in front, some in back, but have no company name on side. Tractor 311 and 313's are fleet leased through a company in Canada (have never found out who actually owns that one) also heard story of pups but have not seen one yet. I just hope they got it with some sort of a freight stacking system like Con Way uses to reduce damaged freight issues.

The newer trailers with "P" on the end that has Vitran name is the last of the trailers order buy Pjax. At least that is what I was told.

If the 1500 pups r true, then that will increase service overnite by at least 25%. freight will be moving 24-7 instead of sitting. ok hear me out, 7:00am on a tuesday, linehaul drivers come thru the gate with our barns freight, and some freight going else where. well that 53 trl gets broke, our freight is in the nose, so it will be 2hrs b4 it gets loaded out on peddle run. now it is 9am, city drivers sitting waiting on load, getting paid drinking coffee. now another linehaul driver pulls in gate, has no freight on trl for our barn, but it has alot of freight on it for another barn, in which a driver from that barn will be here in 3 hours, now dock is still breaking trls with city freight. 10am inbound is starting to wrap up, dock hands go to lunch.. 11am daytime LH driver comes thru gate, drops and expects to hook, but all the other loads without freight for our barn is sitting in yard and not broke yet, so either 2 things happen here. 1 supervisor gathers up whatever he can and dumps it on a trl and off he goes down the road with maybe 10grand in weight, leaving 30000lbs behind. or 2, LH driver sits and waits 2-3 till his load is 100% cubed, so now he is going down the big road with rush hour traffic, he gets back to his barn, and now outbound isnt breaking that load cuz they want to get their barns freight out, do u see how our service is in the dump?????:clapping:

now it we got the pups, we wouldnt have to mix freight with other barns, LH gets thru the gate, 1 pup full of our freight, 2pup full of freight fo lh driver coming in 4 hrs, now inbound can break that 1st pup and touch nothing but their freight...... common sense people

Every day we have empty trailers in our yard, so we could ship out anytime, the new pups at this time will not effect my terminal anyway. I have heard talk about more direct service trailers, as in Pitts taking in other PA freight and shipping a full trailer to Mo or KS in one sealed trailer. Every time you open the doors you risk another OS&D claim. 24 hour linehaul is long over due for better transit times

I understand going away with the layover runs, since they all can meet, but alot of times u see drivers coming back in with emptys. now if you take the drivers that are on extraboard and use them wisely, like for example. if a driver leaves from birmingham to nashville, and nashville doesnt have a load going back to birmingham but they have a extra load that needs to get to st.louis and it has freight that needs to get serviced the next day, well run him to st louis. which bill you you rather get stuck with. the money you spend paying the birm driver driving bk to birm empty, also the wear and tear on trk, tires, fuel,etc. or would you rather get freight to st. louis, and get stuck with hotel bill which be nomore then 50bux, the extraboard drivers are on the bottom of the senority carisel, so it comes with the teritory. well what do you say to that? estes, yrc, holland, triple A cooper, ABF, Saia, UPS freight, they all do this type of LH scheme. So, what do you think of that way of servicing the customer????:notworthy:

The way it should be, considering our Linehaul drivers make 50 to 100% more than P&D here, and that's just not right for being able to come home empty. I knew a guy who was retired from YRC (back when it was still yellow) and he ran Chicago Monday night, by Friday he could have been home every night, or circled the SE and made 1500 to 1700, so he always brought 5 days of clothes with him. What is wrong with that? Most OTR drivers make 55k a year, never get a motel paid for them, and sometimes out for weeks like i used to be.