Central Transport | Burned Bridges

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
This company has burned so many bridges...and it wonders why its stranded..I have always said this company has no trouble getting accounts...it has trouble keeping them...The problem now is that we have burned so many bridges that we cant get back in. See thats the trouble with burning bridges...most the time there are no second chances. Chris puts the revenue problem on the back of the sales force...Come on..How unfair.... they are too busy putting out fires of the bridges we continue to burn. The problem is in the operations level. Double and triple stacking freight to maximize cube space. What good is a fully cubed trailer if its all damaged...They need to deck more freight. I have often said a customer will work with you on service issues. But he will not if you destroy his freight...I cant tell you how many times our sales rep. has went out and promised the world to customers only to have us fumble the ball on the first play. Guess what? BRIDGE BURNED.

Last edited by a moderator:
this company needs to keep the profitable accts and ditch the rest for now and streamline across the board. less freight in the system will mean less stacked freight in linehaul trailers, which in return is less damage. we will be able to discard some of the old equipment that won't be used, we will cut down overtime and will be able to service the customers correctly with being on time for appts, deliveries and pickups. this company is getting the carriage in front of the horse or in this case donkey.