R&L | Busier Than Ever In Htf

What terminal? We have a lot of terminals plain and simple have it made. Others like Dallas and Atlanta probably Wilmington are just so busy you can't catch a break. The guys who have transferred to Dallas from let's say Shreveport or Wichita hate it. Over the years R+L Dallas has a reputation for having a huge turnover. We can't keep drivers plain and simple. There are multiple reasons with swaps after a long day having drivers walk off the job. With the economy like it is the job market is thin. Although an experienced LTL driver can always find a decent job. Especially here in Dallas. Good luck though.
I threw you 360 off im talking trucking in general i run for estes

What terminal? We have a lot of terminals plain and simple have it made. Others like Dallas and Atlanta probably Wilmington are just so busy you can't catch a break. The guys who have transferred to Dallas from let's say Shreveport or Wichita hate it. Over the years R+L Dallas has a reputation for having a huge turnover. We can't keep drivers plain and simple. There are multiple reasons with swaps after a long day having drivers walk off the job. With the economy like it is the job market is thin. Although an experienced LTL driver can always find a decent job. Especially here in Dallas. Good luck though.
Your so correct about locations being so different some drivers are on easy street some are on average avenue and the rest get totally hammered

Your so correct about locations being so different some drivers are on easy street some are on average avenue and the rest get totally hammered
Yeah but where morale suffers is when all them kinda drivers is in the same barn

“Well, some drivers just hafta work harder so the favorites and clock milkers dont hafta do nuffin”

Sorry... that dont work for me

Yeah but where morale suffers is when all them kinda drivers is in the same barn

“Well, some drivers just hafta work harder so the favorites and clock milkers dont hafta do nuffin”

Sorry... that dont work for me
And bosses who start at 10am think your insane when you want to go home at 4pm because you started at 6

One reason I quit after 8 years. Got real tired of picking up others slack
R+L is a tough sell at large terminals. You're just a number for the most part. Do your job and go home keeps you safe. I have always told friends I don't recommend R+L but if they really need a job......I do what I can.

R+L is a tough sell at large terminals. You're just a number for the most part. Do your job and go home keeps you safe. I have always told friends I don't recommend R+L but if they really need a job......I do what I can.
The big thing keepin me here is the run I got. Waitied a long time for it. The route miles usually make no more than half of the stem miles one way... plus not havin to slip seat

R+L is a tough sell at
I used to like early AM starts at every other company I worked for, early in means early out right? Not around here. I try to come in as late as possible because I know I'm not getting off until 7-8 PM regardless of my start time.
another reason I left. There were favorites who were cleared and headed in everyday around the same time. I'd get done early and it would be "well we need help over here", if I needed help it was hardly ever available. Got yo the point I'd intentionally stretch things out. By doing a good job you actually got penalized by getting stuck covering late crap. Got to the point there was no reason to try and bust butt cause they'd just give you more. One of the prime examples of three ways to do things;

Right way

Wrong way

R&L way.

I used to like early AM starts at every other company I worked for, early in means early out right? Not around here. I try to come in as late as possible because I know I'm not getting off until 7-8 PM regardless of my start time.
another reason I left. There were favorites who were cleared and headed in everyday around the same time. I'd get done early and it would be "well we need help over here", if I needed help it was hardly ever available. Got yo the point I'd intentionally stretch things out. By doing a good job you actually got penalized by getting stuck covering late crap. Got to the point there was no reason to try and bust butt cause they'd just give you more. One of the prime examples of three ways to do things;

Right way

Wrong way

R&L way.
It’s the reason I retired at 63.... I just couldn’t stand it anymore. It’s a universal issue in LTL but some LTL companies take it to the next level. SAIA was notorious for that sort of behavior. I was debt free and prepared for retirement but many guys can’t because they are drowning in debt.

Right way

Wrong way

R&L way.
It's definitely a cycle. You must do what your head tells you to survive. Some terminals are like a real 9 to 5 gig. Others are like Dallas and Atlanta and of course Wilmington.

It’s the reason I retired at 63.... I just couldn’t stand it anymore. It’s a universal issue in LTL but some LTL companies take it to the next level. SAIA was notorious for that sort of behavior. I was debt free and prepared for retirement but many guys can’t because they are drowning in debt.
Saia had a way of disrupting normal LTL posture. They took no prisoners although Dallas has a way of bringing you down. It's about location. Dang brother you with all your time in the industry.....you were a bargain......and a good guy too! I'm not saying that because we are friends. LTL has a certain level of stress that can get old. You made a great decision. You were ready. I'll be there eventually. R+L has done me right. You know what an animal I can be. You do realize I get anxiety too. That's normal. Talk to you soon.

Right way

Wrong way

R&L way.
Id love to try my hand at bein a TM

A lotta people wanna say ::shit:: like “well gee there monday mornin quarterback, how would you do it then”?

I’ll tell ya how Id do it. Politics and favoritism would go right out the window. The guys that work would feel appreciated again. The idea of runnin a guy 75 miles to pick up 1 skid when are 3 others closer would get a dispatcher fired, along with this crap of givin somebody of givin somebody 1 skid pickups in somebody else’s area that has half as much to do when he isn’t even done his own work yet. That’s nuthin but a slap in the face

It's definitely a cycle. You must do what your head tells you to survive. Some terminals are like a real 9 to 5 gig. Others are like Dallas and Atlanta and of course Wilmington.
Yep. Been doing this open deck stuff and I'm growing to really like it. The tarping can be a bit of a downer, especially in the heat but the guy I run for got me a three piece tarp set in place of a two piece and that has made a big difference. About 50% of my stuff is tarped so it's only two or three days a week. My run at R&L was a good one and I enjoyed most of it. It was just not how I wanted to spend the rest of my career. Last Friday I was home at 1300 and floating in the pool with the kids. So it's all good. I'm not mad at R&L, it was just time for me to move on.

Yep. Been doing this open deck stuff and I'm growing to really like it. The tarping can be a bit of a downer, especially in the heat but the guy I run for got me a three piece tarp set in place of a two piece and that has made a big difference. About 50% of my stuff is tarped so it's only two or three days a week. My run at R&L was a good one and I enjoyed most of it. It was just not how I wanted to spend the rest of my career. Last Friday I was home at 1300 and floating in the pool with the kids. So it's all good. I'm not mad at R&L, it was just time for me to move on.
Come winter,Ted, you will be saying,BRG was right. A side kit,like he had,beats the crap out of an icy,snowy,frozen trailer floor.

I was on a lumber run that said must be tarped , the consignee would store the lumber outside so i started using cheap blue menard tarps to lessen the slap in the face