FedEx Freight | Business levels

dropping in summer camp GIF

“Executives at FedEx also expect to retain around 5,000 shipments a day in extra less-than-truckload freight — generally, smaller shipments that only take up a portion of a trailer — following Yellow’s chapter 11 filing in August, according to the analysts.”

That’s it folks… that’s all we got lol

I read that a very large Freight Broker is closing its doors. Looks like I got out at the right time.
Its called Convoy- they told their employee's yesterday that they were done/closed- no severance, Medical paid thru the end of month. Another smaller truckload carrier folded in Ca yesterday after 95 years in Business. They are starting to drop, truck load rates are dismal, used truck prices have gone down about 40 % since the Covid resurgence. It seems we are resetting to 2019, my friend at freight in NJ said that the company is doing about 105K shipments a day ( includes the yellow business)

Still getting OT on the dock after my city route. My center goes off some spread sheet telling them how many city drivers are needed. Never works out good. Our inbound ain’t crap but out out bound is at least double or triple the inbound. Plus most customers close at 4. It’s a s*it show.