XPO | C.f.i And The 65mph Rule

cheezcutter

TB Lurker
Credits
i dont know if anybody has touched on this but,are the cfi trucks going to be held to the same rules concerning speeding and overspeeds as the conway trucks?are they going to be turned down to 65 they seem to think not but i dont see how they cant just curious!!!

I work at CFI, Herb has been pushing for 65mph for some time and it will happen, their just gun shy from the last time lost hundreds of drivers almost over night. and can't take that kind of hit right now.
So they got to sell it to the drivers, like bribeing them with bigger trucks.more money ETC,ETC.:butt kiss::hysterical::hysterical:

Isn't the speed limit 70mph for trucks in 2/3's of the country?

If I was a road driver I wouldn't want to be limited to 5 mph under the speed limit when my paycheck is based on mileage pay.

I work at CFI, Herb has been pushing for 65mph for some time and it will happen, their just gun shy from the last time lost hundreds of drivers almost over night. and can't take that kind of hit right now.
So they got to sell it to the drivers, like bribeing them with bigger trucks.more money ETC,ETC.:butt kiss::hysterical::hysterical:

If they cut back from 70 to 65 but give you a .2cpm raise you come out about the same on pay per hour.

This is why ATA wants all trucks governed at 65mph in the name of "safety". I've been told by one safety official off the record that its a total red herring; there is no significant safety difference in having 65 vs 70mph trucks. The real reason is to limit competition for drivers; if every carrier is limited to 65 by government fiat the previously slow carriers like Swift etc look somewhat better.

I have been idling my truck for the pass two days in 30 degree weather waiting on a load but I only ran 65 to get here....:butt kiss: I'm a dedicated employee....GO CFI,GO CFI,GO CFI rah,rah,rah....:hysterical::hysterical:

Aint seen nothing much new. The name on the door dont bother me much. Will be trading my truck for a new T660 soon never had a APU heater. If my load miles pick up thats OK by me.