R&L | California !!!!!!!!

I thought the KING was dead!!?

But I have to agree Elvis, the purchase you speak of makes sence. Question then is, when R&L is nationwide, who would try to buy them?

didnt you buy the equipment yourself.i know i did and there is no way theyre cutting mine and taking it.

Yes we bought them, but the system the new TM came up with is this. He had a:butt kiss: driver stand by the door one day and take everybody's name and number of jacks and hand trucks you have, then you got a sticker to put your MIA # on them. By the end of the week, whatever didn't have a sticker and was on the dock after everybody was on the road, got cut. I saw today at least 15 jacks in a corner waiting for their send off.

how long you been with r+l?we have a few transplants up here from there.chico alverez and abe something or another.abe drives a strait truck.they say that they dont miss that traffic at all.....lol.....

I thought the KING was dead!!?

But I have to agree Elvis, the purchase you speak of makes sence. Question then is, when R&L is nationwide, who would try to buy them?

Everybody knows the king lives on!!! But as far as who might throw down the cash for R&L, lets just say, none of the large, nation wide, non union companys should get used to their uniforms. If you know what I mean..Guess I will have to trade my blue suede shoes in to be color coordinated!!

Yes we bought them, but the system the new TM came up with is this. He had a:butt kiss: driver stand by the door one day and take everybody's name and number of jacks and hand trucks you have, then you got a sticker to put your MIA # on them. By the end of the week, whatever didn't have a sticker and was on the dock after everybody was on the road, got cut. I saw today at least 15 jacks in a corner waiting for their send off.
Why are they sending used pallet jacks out west?????? Guess R&HELL isn't makeing the new drivers buy them.... Well, Isn't that a kick in the rear!!!!!!!:Poke:

California is going to open April 2nd

Your first post welcome to the boards. I'm not a moderator but I think I saw you first.
Tell your friends about this board truckers have to stick together and this is a great forum to do it.:smilie_132:

You don't actually go that way, do you?

Yep! That's why it took me so long to get back to you. :hysterical:

No, I run the quickest way. It's more miles, but about 15 minutes shorter each way. I never run a restricted road. I know the company would never back me on the ticket, nor would I be that dumb.

I know one of the P&D Drivers that is going to work in west sac. he was out east being trained and was do back yesterday (sun). They sent 6 guys back there. The recuiter was in west sac today. They are looking for more drivers. I thought about it as I have a line run for another company but I dont want to go to like Fresno and have to unload and reload freight on my truck (not sure if they work this way)
California wages: They will be at the top of scale over most of the P&D drivers. Line guys little less. Line drivers dont get overtime I heard. It is the old Viking/Fed EX terminal.

Ask yourself..why do I stay here....it must be something positive, or you can't get a job nowhere else....and if you can't get a job anywhere else, then this is a positive to you. Duh...wake up driver...

I know one of the P&D Drivers that is going to work in west sac. he was out east being trained and was do back yesterday (sun). They sent 6 guys back there. The recruiter was in west sac today. They are looking for more drivers. I thought about it as I have a line run for another company but I don't want to go to like Fresno and have to unload and reload freight on my truck (not sure if they work this way)
California wages: They will be at the top of scale over most of the P&D drivers. Line guys little less. Line drivers don't get overtime I heard. It is the old Viking/Fed EX terminal.

I was one of them guys a year ago that opened up the northwest. I would say the time spent in WIL was a total waist of time. None of what was told/discussed there has been held up. All of what we were told has not been the reality of the company. Of the 6 guys that went there 3 are left and we have seen at least 6 or more turn over since then, its a revolving door here. Just wait and see. There is no support from the management in WIL they simply do not care to hear any issues. Just stay tuned to the boards and you will see/hear for yourself.

Sounds like you have a t/m that has told you everything you heard in Wil and everything you read in the green book is all lies. Seems to be that way at my barn!! I would agree Wil builds it up big only to be deflated when you get home. My advice look elseware, unless you like lots of stress and communication.

I'm sorry did I say stress and communication? I meant to say look elseware, unless you like stress and NO communication. Glad i could clear that up.

...Breakdowns...

I'm sorry did I say stress and communication?

Here's what's going to suck, when a R&L truck breaks down they call WIL terminal. I think the breakdowns need to be divided in up in sections, because a 3 hour time difference in all those california city drivers is going to cause a lot of hell I would believe

Welcome to Truckingboards pokey.:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

Thanks. Just a little info about me.. I work in the shop at R&L WIL. Well okay I'm in the Safety Lane...

California... They're working on 50 straight trucks in the shop right now for Cali.