XPO | camping world series Conway truck.

Thank goodness he's okay.

What a hard hit into the wall.
picture6log.jpg

picture5c.jpg

cwts.atl.high.three.145x93.jpg

Braun slams the wall Video
Colin Braun gets involved in a chain reaction wreck and gets sent hard in to the inside SAFER barrier.

I guess this is one of those times you don't want to bring a valued customer for fear of making a bad impression.

"This may be how we treat our race truck but we treat your freight a lot better".

:hide: I hope Colin is ok. Having stated that, the whole truck sponsorship is so much bulls***.
Did anyone look at all the empty seats at todays race? It appeared to be about 1/3 of capacity. Where does this fit into advertising $ well spent?
What happened to our Green initiative?
Cut our trucks back to 62 MPH to satisfy some Green thing, but continue to sponsor a fuel wasting race truck?
Appearances is all that counts, and it appears to me that our company is all washed up when it comes to being Green!
Oh, yeah, we should put seat shut off switches on our forklifts to save propane!
B*******!
Speak out of the same side of your mouth for once!:smilie_132:

:hide: I hope Colin is ok. Having stated that, the whole truck sponsorship is so much bulls***.
Did anyone look at all the empty seats at todays race? It appeared to be about 1/3 of capacity. Where does this fit into advertising $ well spent?
Cut our trucks back to 62 MPH to satisfy some Green thing, but continue to sponsor a fuel wasting race truck?
Appearances is all that counts, and it appears to me that our company is all washed up when it comes to being Green!
Oh, yeah, we should put seat shut off switches on our forklifts to save propane!
B*******!

Well they are speaking out of one side of their mouth today. Integrity is an issue cause breaking our contract with those good ol' race truck boyz would indicate to the outside world that we have none.

At home my wife sez I am deaf but what I have is selective hearing.

B*******!
Speak out of the same side of your mouth for once!

Con-Way raises the bar on fuel savings and “green” operations - 3/13/2008 - Logistics Management

From this article you will learn the politically correct left wing ideology on how to sell enviromentalists BS...And Con-Way is buried up to their necks substantiating this inane philosophy...

A quote from the article...regarding the results attained by cutting the trucks from 65 to 62 mph.

"The move is expected to reduce consumption of diesel fuel from its over-the-road tractor fleet by nearly 3.2 million gallons annually while eliminating approximately 72 million pounds of carbon emissions from the environment. The carbon gas reduction is equivalent to removing nearly 7,300 automobiles from America’s highways."

Get out your calculator and tell me what the truck emits in pounds of carbon and what the automobile emits...

My calculations...where the quote above = Kool-Aid...thus

Kool-Aid = BS

BTW...Appearances is all that counts...

You just now figuring this out???...

AND!!!

Speak out of the same side of your mouth for once!

Never gonna happen!

Rat :loser:

:hide: Con-way has joined a Green iniative, that is recognised by the Feds. Yes, we will turn our FREIGHT tractors down to 62 mph, we will be in the parameters of your program.
Our truckload tractors will run 65mph&.
We will also continue to sponsor a FUEL WASTING race truck!
What a scam!!!
If Con-Way was REALLY interested in being Green, a Nascar Truck or Car would be the LAST thing they would support with my PENSION$$$$$:smilie_132:

Yep.. give him a drug test then a LOI and -saftey points. But really what can we expect from a 19 yr old kid? He is just driving around that track smilling and laughing and having a good old time of himself. All at the expense of us hard working drivers who made this company what it is. Or what it was i should say. I can not even watch those da** races, it just sickens me. Every time he goes around that track ya have to wonder. Was enough money spent right there to equal what i was told 20 yrs ago i would get for 1 yr retirement pay? Man that really gets my shorts bunched up!!

:popcorn: Ya think that can be buffed out? :popcorn: Just asking. My camaro is still in the backyard looking like that, would like to get it back on the road. :biglaugh:

Hey, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity, right? Just think of how many times that Con-way logo will be seen when they replay that wreck! This is awesome!

B*******!
They've still got tickets available for Atlanta Sunday! Even the "real" racers are having a hard time filling the seats.

Hey, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity, right? Just think of how many times that Con-way logo will be seen when they replay that wreck! This is awesome!

Excellent!
Those guys are thinking of everything!
Don't they say something like "When you hit a wall, an opportunity presents itself"?

They've still got tickets available for Atlanta Sunday! Even the "real" racers are having a hard time filling the seats.

Yeah, I might be able to buy that, except for one reason. Last year the stands at the truck races looked the same as this year...vacant.