XPO | Can anyone tell me what this is ?

wonderring99

TB Veteran
Credits
hv9khw.jpg

And where have they been spotted?

It might be one of those new regional trailers.I have seen pics of one in xcv from the front.It was already damaged and marked deck trailer on the front.They also said the tractor they had was a day cab(KW I think)with super singles on the drives.

Yep you are correct. From what I understand this is a test run for CWTL as a dedicated. They pick up from a shipper with a set and goes direct into the metro ... drops his set at XCV delivers one pup and comes back and gets the other one. I have heard that it is going to two different destination locations in the metro but from the same shipper ...

It might be one of those new regional trailers.I have seen pics of one in xcv from the front.It was already damaged and marked deck trailer on the front.They also said the tractor they had was a day cab(KW I think)with super singles on the drives.

my friends you are correct that baby is sitting on the dead line at xcv it appears he was trying to deliver a bridge

Yep you are correct. From what I understand this is a test run for CWTL as a dedicated. They pick up from a shipper with a set and goes direct into the metro ... drops his set at XCV delivers one pup and comes back and gets the other one. I have heard that it is going to two different destination locations in the metro but from the same shipper ...

One of our drivers was talking to the guy at Carldtadt a while back. It's some kind of a dedicated run like you said. He said it is like a 300 and something mile loop for a dedicated customer. Singles all the way around with polished wheels - he said it looked good.

There was a cell phone picture floating around of what looked like a truckload o/o hooked to a set of freight pups a few weeks ago. I think it was taken in Milton. Not sure if it had any relation to this dedicated thing.

hv9khw.jpg

And where have they been spotted?

Well out here in the west we call those "fatboys". I like the concept but how often do you blow a tire and are able to get off the freeway or someplace close for repair? With those big dogs, not everyone can work on them or want to and you can't limp off somewhere. Local trucks okay, but I don't think linehaul would be a good deal.

When a supersingle lets go it usually takes the floor and a good portion of the side of the trailer with it. No limping anywhere. The manufacturers say it doesn't happen but like all manufacturers they can be mistaken.

I have seen these tires on tractors and trailers with some company's, I would Imagine they would be terrible in the snow.

We were testing them on our dollies and some pups. The biggest problem we were having is no one stocked them. So if you had a flat you would sit there until they either found someone who stocked them or else we would end up buying 2 new rims and 2 tires which over time gets pretty darn expensive. The other problem road drivers were telling me about is when they blow out the trailer takes one heck of a dive and if you aren't careful you lay it over. It seems like a good concept but there seem to be alot of flaws for the LTL industry. More and more TL carriers are starting to use them because I guess they are a little lighter then a set of dual wheels

One of our drivers was talking to the guy at Carldtadt a while back. It's some kind of a dedicated run like you said. He said it is like a 300 and something mile loop for a dedicated customer. Singles all the way around with polished wheels - he said it looked good.

There was a cell phone picture floating around of what looked like a truckload o/o hooked to a set of freight pups a few weeks ago. I think it was taken in Milton. Not sure if it had any relation to this dedicated thing.

May not have been a truckload. XEG, XYH, XLF, XWB, XBO all have 426- sleeper units (Volvo's) that get maintained at XMI. I've never seen any of the o/o's at XMI pulling pups.

May not have been a truckload. XEG, XYH, XLF, XWB, XBO all have 426- sleeper units (Volvo's) that get maintained at XMI. I've never seen any of the o/o's at XMI pulling pups.

Yeah, we have those Volvo's. The picture looked like a purplish or maroon T600. I can't tell but someone thought it looked like he was backed in next to a dropped set creating the illusion he was hooked to it.

Super singles Suck they cost me a job I had one go down and I went into a curve at 55 the road was a little wet not bad though and I ended up in the ditch If they go to them I hope that it is after I retire.
Bad tracton in the snow rain or wind heven forbid that you don't get in a grove in the road with water in it you will be all over the place