Yellow | Can Not Read These Anymore!

1. I hope your wife is recovering, best wishes.

2. I agree with your post 100%.

3. Recently had a whiny driver at the terminal. He was complaining about having to wait 45 minutes for OB (we were waiting on EE coming off the street). When I asked him if he was getting paid to wait he had no response. When he continued to complain about everything else I asked him if his wife liked it when he went out on the road. He said "yes she does'. I told him I could see why. He didn't get it, but everyone else did.

good one lenny:biglaugh:

First off: Mudhole I hope your wife gets better..... I havent posted on these boards in years( formerly Dragunov), so I read this and figured I would throw my 2cents in.Since yellow bought rdwy and holland, we the employees have done more damage than management ever could. Heres one example just happened, Iam at a customers dock with a Holland city driver.He's showing a service map to the customer telling them that YRCW is cutting them back to nothing and will eventually close them- just like Yellow did to Preston....needless to say my jaw hit the ground.....guess what Holland hasnt gotten any freight since....hmmm go figure. We as brother Teamsters and as Co-workers need to shut up and get back on track. The B.S. needs to stop. Rdwy didnt have the greatest equiptment and they sure were not debt free, But according to the breakroom CEO's they were. Usf has even said they were going under before the purchase because of deadbeat companies under the umbrella siphoning profits, but now Dugan and Bestway were money making machines that got screwed......C'Mon people wake up. I worked for Bestway in Houston Tx I know the truth, and even worked for a cartage company that delivered Dugans DESTROYED freight.
One other thing since Iam on a roll here is Preston....I worked there as a casual (while on layoff from Yellow) for about 2hrs and I quit. I left shaking my head...... I was told by the Steward I could only move 3 bills per hr, or 1 Drop and Hook an hr any more than that and he would make sure I never worked there again. Sorry guys Iam not that lazy. This will upset alot of people but PRESTON WAS SPUN OFF DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they could not make it......... end of story. This is all the past...WE(the employees) need to step up and Save OUR COMPANIES.... ITS YRCW against the world, It is not yellow hates holland who hates roadway who hates new penn. Iam NOT a company man....but I have NEVER talked bad about my company or sister companies to customer either.....Please guys stop trashing our companies to customers and non-union drivers.....they are using all the rumors and lies against us to steal our freight!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I offended anyone Iam just like Mudhole.....Iam so sick of hearing the whining....
Mcv
I was one of those Preston People. While you are partially correct that we were "spun Off" debt free, you are incorrect in stating that we "couldnt' make it". We WERE making it we WERE solvent and profitable we had liquid assets besides real estate and equipment. Don't know where you wer working for Preston but I can assure you that at our terminal we always did what was required of us and more, as is in line w/ most union operations.
The fact is that puppets that YRC had put in place to do their dirty work, screwed up royally, when they closed the company and THEN filed bankruptcy. They did it A## Backwards!!! A federal judge, who I would like to think is/was more itelligent than either of us ruled that way in federal court, allow us Preston People to get all the monies due us in accordance w/ the WARN ACT. Just a s addendum an offical from the State Of Maryland contacted Preston as they were announcing the closure, asked them how much money it would take to keep the Company operating (at next to 0% interest).
The companys reply was "they were no longer interested in continuning operations"
MUDHOLE I've been there, If I can offer you any kind of moral support, let me know Best to you and yours in this trying time:smilie_132:

:Violin::Violin::toxic: Please quit. Stop posting about changes of operations, rumors, and assorted nonsense. If yellow is the Devil, WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? L-E-A-V-E. As the old saying goes, "Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you." I sat down tonight after returning from the hospital, my wife is in intensive care on a ventilator, 90% of what I read was CRYBABY NEGATIVE. What did you think this job was when you filled out the application? While you are wiping away the tears, let me give you some COLD HARD FACTS. 1. You are a contractor to Yellow Freight. You have NO VOICE in the management's FINAL decisions. If you are not violating safety, or the DOT, do your j-o-b. 2. You are free to leave. It will not make a difference. 3. No one at Yellow cares about your opinion. To all the brothers who leave safety messages, thank you. To all the pissants who create UNFOUNED, UNSUBSTANCIATED FEAR, SCREW YOU! Two months ago my wife ran up a hospital bill over $30,000. The insurance paid over $21,000 and since they were in the network, my share was 0.00. The bill now is running over $15,000.00 per day! I have been granted FMLA and can keep my insurance. I AM THANKFUL TO ALMIGHTY GOD FOR THE BLESSING OF THIS UNION JOB.

Mudhole,
I've been where you are now. Hope and pray for a complete recovery. If you would like to chat, PM me and I will be available 24/7 via the phone. Hang in there :1036316054:
Again best wishes

We all need to start doing our jobs and quit whining and get more business. So we can get our fellow brothers and sisters from USF hired on at yellow or roadway.

Thats it in a nutshell brother!! Honest days work for an honest days pay!!!!!! Think i've said/heard that before somewhere!! How quickly we forget!:1036316054:

1. I hope your wife is recovering, best wishes.

2. I agree with your post 100%.

3. Recently had a whiny driver at the terminal. He was complaining about having to wait 45 minutes for OB (we were waiting on EE coming off the street). When I asked him if he was getting paid to wait he had no response. When he continued to complain about everything else I asked him if his wife liked it when he went out on the road. He said "yes she does'. I told him I could see why. He didn't get it, but everyone else did.

This is how I handle whiny crybaby drivers.

As soon as he starts to complain to you, ask him if he brushed his teeth this morning with a look of total disgust on your face. That usually shuts them up really quick.:1036316054: