FedEx Freight | Canadian Balls...

You say you're 57 years old and when you first ran to Toronto "First year out of school", (let's say when you were 17 - 40 years ago, or 1982) you say Toronto was "nothing but farm fields and meadows"? I say you must be hitting the sauce my friend.
57 with 200 years experience

Back in the 60s, though, there were few other options."
Back in the 60s there were no cell phones, computers, internet, Facebook or Truckingboards. All we basically had was the news paper, television and am radio. I remember when fm rock stations were like underground radio.
I had a paper route back in the early sixties delivering the Detroit News. Seventy-five cents a week for home delivery.

Back in the 60s there were no cell phones, computers, internet, Facebook or Truckingboards. All we basically had was the news paper, television and am radio. I remember when fm rock stations were like underground radio.
I had a paper route back in the early sixties delivering the Detroit News. Seventy-five cents a week for home delivery.
I had a paper route way back in the mid 1950's. Thirty cents a week for the Passaic Herald News. I earned 1-1/2 cents for each paper + tips. I had that route for 4 years. From that humble beginning today I'm a multi-millionaire. :438:

:1036316054:Back in the 60s there were no cell phones, computers, internet, Facebook or Truckingboards. All we basically had was the news paper, television and am radio. I remember when fm rock stations were like underground radio.
Don't forget about Rand McNally the truck stop version.

Don't forget about Rand McNally the truck stop version.
Funny you mentioned that.

That goes into the briefcase. Yes a Breifcase. I learned to keep my ::shit:: in that thing on each load thats active or not paid.

What I did do in the Northeast one year, specifically the 5 Boroughs was buy 300 dollars worth of maps of the entire area from New Haven all the way down to damn near Jersey City. At the alley level.

And a book for clearances. It was about 3 inches thick.

Usually found me in the 76 at Phillipsburg over a full meal working on all that ::shit:: manually. No computers or cells back then. Takes hours. I think back to that little Valley in Jersey and knew that it was a very good base to balance that in Amesbury back then.

Today's computer ::shit:: online... well... we had a driver going to a Metal Works in Baltimore near the Fort and needed to know what he was dealing with. It came out to a HUD Tower complex within waking distance, potential for knocking, A old Baltimore travel plaza with truckstop opposite and Bus Station also with knockers and you had the City downtown. Sandtown was not too far away along with Thames street etc. Then there is the Fort etc. And the container yards.

Not too difficult to get a truck into and out of there. But 20 minutes on a computer internet from 4 states away cleared up much of the problems related to that particular metalworks and it was successful for him. In and out.

Hunts Point it aint.

There was usually one burning question that needed solving before you got far enough into NYC. Which deck of that GWB? Or do we run the Newburgh with horsepower? Or cough up on the Zee? Hmm....

You can have your dispatch and all your computer crap. Some questions are best left to drivers.

Quite a day.

Canada declares its not a democracy, and in the US we learn one party hacked WH computers and leaked the information.

If Castrudeau goes all Tiennamiwn Square on the Truckers it'll be a Red Wave for the next 10 election cycles in in both Canada and the USA.
It’s earily similar to what Papa Pierre did to Quebec, but on a much larger scale. I guess he suffers from the G. Bush need to finish what daddy started.

The simple resolution would have been lifting the mandates, if a resolution was his goal. Unfortunately, the “Great Reset” doesn’t involve going back to the way things used to be.

Goodness, did they ever want autonomy to happen before pushing the reset switch.

As I’ve been stating here for years, when a vehicle drives itself, citizens lose the freedom to gather or flee anything not approved by the government…

Can you imagine the urgency to proceed with automation in trucking after this? “We must prevent this *seige/ occupation/ insurrection* from ever happening again”!

RIP Freedom 2022

There it is, it's a conspiracy! :hilarious:

Ask yourself this: If there was so much interest in the Canadian story among American audiences, don't you think it would be getting more time on the news here? If you're an editor and you think a story "has legs" to bring you more audience share for days, weeks, months, wouldn't you cover that story? Of course you would.

American news is still operating within the confines of capitalism. They cover what brings in an audience. But if you prefer to live in an alternative-facts world where news organizations collude with each other to keep your favored topics off the screen or page, fine.
Fantasy. 90% of news media employees identify as progressive. Maybe even more by now. You seriously going to try and make the argument that capitalism will overcome zeal for political beliefs? Use Walter Cronkite as an example. He singlehandedly sunk public opinion during Vietnam war by showing pictures of dead troops night after night. Tell me he had no agenda and that capitalism drove his one sided coverage and the facts will call you a liar. He is only one, but if 90% all act as he acted then media coverage will reflect the beliefs of those reporting

Fantasy. 90% of news media employees identify as progressive. Maybe even more by now. You seriously going to try and make the argument that capitalism will overcome zeal for political beliefs?
Well, yes, yes I am. Haven't you ever worked for someone you didn't see eye-to-eye with? But you needed to pay rent, buy groceries, etc. so you kept your opinions to yourself and just put your head down and did the damn work. That was me for 15 years, working for mostly conservatives in news and public relations jobs.

Use Walter Cronkite as an example. He singlehandedly sunk public opinion during Vietnam war by showing pictures of dead troops night after night. Tell me he had no agenda and that capitalism drove his one sided coverage and the facts will call you a liar. He is only one, but if 90% all act as he acted then media coverage will reflect the beliefs of those reporting
The only agenda was to show America what price it was paying for continuing to send our young boys into the meat grinder in the jungle just so we could beat the dead horse that was the "containment" doctrine. The U.S. military and the White House weren't giving Americans the real story, mostly because Johnson didn't want to admit it had become a virtual stalemate. Cronkite gave it to us straight, and he wasn't breaking any new ground. By 1967, a year before his famous broadcast, public opinion polls showed approval ratings for Johnson's performance vis a vis Vietnam were hovering in the 30s. As in, 60 to 70% of Americans thought things were going poorly.

There's a really interesting article from George Washington University on the subject. Read it here.

Looks like Fidel Trudeau is having police attack these peaceful protests. I hope this is his undoing.
Especially impactful was his horseman running over the old lady with the walker.

No bricks, no looting, no Molotov cocktails. No burning couches, Wendy’s, cars. No justification, yet cops were employed to attack the humans most inclined to defend them.

Keep destroying the pillars of society. Entropy 2022.

Especially impactful was his horseman running over the old lady with the walker.

No bricks, no looting, no Molotov cocktails. No burning couches, Wendy’s, cars. No justification, yet cops were employed to attack the humans most inclined to defend them.

Keep destroying the pillars of society. Entropy 2022.
I have been watching it, didn't see the old lady get ran over. Saw someone get stepped on by horse but it looked like a guy.

I’ve really only been watching the live streamers. The clip is out there on YouTube, if you care to search. It’s all hard to watch.

When the PM called the Convoy terrorists on day one, the stage was set. The exact script and tactics as the liberal party uses here.