ODFL | Central Dispatch

Luckily I don't have to call them often. When I'm at a terminal sometimes they have to call to find out what central's master plan is and it seems to take quite a while but in reality is 3-5 min.
I heard they have a new regional planner in GBO, suddenly all freight patterns have seemed to change with GBO becoming the center of the universe.

It depends on who is working. I tried to call a few weekends ago and waited from 630-710 at 710 he says call back in 20 min. I call back and gave up calling at 800am. This has been a big complaint with this certain dispatcher as long as Ive worked here. The guy who works days opposite him answers quickly.

I like him I work Sundays and he was working today. I think he is a old timer and he is a truckers friend. I guess I understand why he is unpopular with some people but he will back up the trucker if he can.

during the week i never have a problem getting threw to central but on the weekends omg thats a diffrent story. especially when you have to the listen to the recording they have for 30 min

"Old Dominion was started by Earl and his wife Lillian with 1 truck running from Roanoke to Norfolk Virginia..........."

"Old Dominion was started by Earl and his wife Lillian with 1 truck running from Roanoke to Norfolk Virginia..........."

They've got that on most of the phones now.The whole history and nothing but the history.If a man was mad to begin with that's not helping.

i call in every weekend at the same time right when the shift starts 5 am eastern time and there just sittin down and threw right away i even ran good friday cause they were only runnin a skeleton crew for the city.

I called one day and apparently got the bypass line to some nice woman,although very eccentric.I asked her I was trying to get through to central dispatch,she tells me there isn't one:hysterical: