Yellow | Central States Director Says “No Resubmission”

"Nyhan and the fund trustees should also urge all contributing employers, as well as UPS, to join these efforts, since they would benefit from relief to the fund because it would cut their own liability."

Wow‼️

Seriously?....Read the last 2 paragraphs and stand back out of the way....OR, get involved!....
!.....KK
Ok , not disagreeing with you , and so things are being considered , that we are not privilege to the info on now ? but it would be nice if we knew some of the ideas they have come up with ? and agree with one of the things said in that one report of replacing Nyhan and entire staff that has mismanaged this fund over the years .

Ok , not disagreeing with you , and so things are being considered , that we are not privilege to the info on now ? but it would be nice if we knew some of the ideas they have come up with ? and agree with one of the things said in that one report of replacing Nyhan and entire staff that has mismanaged this fund over the years .

First I would like to see a forensic audit by either the GAO or an independent firm to see how we ended up here. It seems that with Nyhan and company it's either my way or no way. I think at the end of the day some things could be done to reduce the amount of cuts needed. The only thing I have to offer on this would be raising the PGBC premium significantly now given the ten year time frame. I would also offer the PGBC start a gradual shift of participants over to the PGBC. The "Casey bill" or a variation of it is the only thing I see offering any relief.

Seriously?....Read the last 2 paragraphs and stand back out of the way....OR, get involved!....
!.....KK

The only way retirees and the funds themselves will be made whole is by a massive infusion of funds, a "gift" or "bailout". Where will this massive amount of money come from? The companies that are left, the taxpayers, some printing press? That's the sad reality.

The only way retirees and the funds themselves will be made whole is by a massive infusion of funds, a "gift" or "bailout". Where will this massive amount of money come from? The companies that are left, the taxpayers, some printing press? That's the sad reality.
Did not some of the Banks just pay big fines to settle questionable investment practices? Might the firms handling our funds do the same thing just to bury any digging be the wrong people? Of coarse admitting no wrong doing I'm sure but its a start. Only 10 billion more to find.....

Did not some of the Banks just pay big fines to settle questionable investment practices? Might the firms handling our funds do the same thing just to bury any digging be the wrong people? Of coarse admitting no wrong doing I'm sure but its a start. Only 10 billion more to find.....

There are multiple reasons why our pension funds are in bad shape just as there are numerous pension funds of all kinds all over the country (including public sector funds) that are in terrible condition. There is no way that all of them will be "fixed". Way too much was promised over the years and the day of reckoning has arrived. I don't like it any more than anyone else but it's reality. If someone gets a mortgage to buy a million dollar house and then loses the source of income the mortgage was based on, what happens now that he can't afford the mortgage?

Ok Trip, but I'll keep trying to come up with a plan, I don't listen very well. :usa:

Wolf, don't misunderstand me, I want to get my full promised pension just like we all do. It's just that the problem is huge and I don't see a realistic solution. Doesn't mean I don't want to fight or want to see it happen, I'm just seeing the reality that's all. If you're planning a picnic and ask me to look outside and check the weather and I tell you it's raining, don't get mad at me for the rain! :smile new:

Wolf, don't misunderstand me, I want to get my full promised pension just like we all do. It's just that the problem is huge and I don't see a realistic solution. Doesn't mean I don't want to fight or want to see it happen, I'm just seeing the reality that's all. If you're planning a picnic and ask me to look outside and check the weather and I tell you it's raining, don't get mad at me for the rain! :smile new:
:watermelon::very drunk: Picnics still on. I'll tell them your not interested in the Billion I found. :biglaugh:

:watermelon::very drunk: Picnics still on. I'll tell them your not interested in the Billion I found. :biglaugh:

Thanks pal! By the way, I have rain gear, I'll be there. :bananapartyhat:

PS - It's time for me to stand out at the traffic light with my cardboard sign - the one saying "Help me, my pension has been cut. Donations gratefully accepted."

Just Google "JP Morgan Stanley settlements" Make sure you are sitting down it will make your head spin‼️

Like my earlier post. 84 Billion bucks underfunded for the employees of the state of Illinois. The IL Supreme Court ruled 7 to 0 & told the state 'you promised it to them, pay them, all of it'. Talks of a 25 to 30 % tax increase on all types: property, business. liquor, sales, gas, tires,. If it is taxed in the state of IL it's gonna go up. von.

How about a new usage tax on pick ups & deliveries on every shipment, like a fuel surcharge. All proceeds going to Central State. If the feds bail out big business, why not the little guy. I know, I must be dreaming. von

How about a new usage tax on pick ups & deliveries on every shipment, like a fuel surcharge. All proceeds going to Central State. If the feds bail out big business, why not the little guy. I know, I must be dreaming. von

And when the price of the product that you buy gets raised in order to compensate for the higher shipping costs, who in the end really pays?

Thanks pal! By the way, I have rain gear, I'll be there. :bananapartyhat:

PS - It's time for me to stand out at the traffic light with my cardboard sign - the one saying "Help me, my pension has been cut. Donations gratefully accepted."
No thats not fair, you live in a more populated area than I....Bernie says ya need to share Brother. :shakehandsnah: