ABF | Central States Fund Report: $17.7 Billion!

Comments like that one make you lose credibility, Muler

joe you should know that if the fund ever fails you drop down to about $1200.00 a month. So be careful what you wish on us ABF Teamsters. We are still working and can earn a good living. You would be on a long list of names to become a greeter at the BIG Walmart.
You spend to much time on ABF matters. We don't listen to your post about ABF we find them funny and sometimes very boring. But when you talk about the pension you are just killing yourself with a no win.
We are debt free and expanding into markets that once we could have never competed in. And may I say we are doing pretty good in them. You had better hope we don't accept a proposal from ABF to leave you hanging high and dry. YOUR WATCHING THE CLOTHS LINE BROTHER ALWAYS!

No bad slavin, I'm not trying to stick high cost in anybody's eye..just making them aware of it. They are not aware.
watching20you.gif
You are correct trux..they can't go on like they are!!. No Muler, I spend minimal time on ABF matters. You emphasize ABF is debt free, buying this and that and expanding etc. You forgot to mention they aren't making any money. I doubt the Funds will ever go belly up. They are required by federal law to make changes to keep the fund funded to certain minimal levels and they've been given a decade to do this.

Thank you IRS or whoever saved us by allowing this. Central States will start cutting ABF next if necessary to preserve the Fund.
watching20you.gif
That's what you have to worry about Muler. I am not worried at tall about you accepting a proposal from ABF that will leave me hanging because Tyson will not allow you to even think about it. Now you boys have to work a little faster and a lot smarter to ensure the pension stays intact..go now and make it happen, bro

fighting evil forces together

for the good life
watching20you.gif

Don't think what will happen to my pension if ABF was to withdraw from the pension rather think what will happen to your pension if ABF was to withdraw from the pension. To make matters worse..think what will happen the ABF pensions if YRC were to fold. Me? I'm good with the pension. It's there every month
watching20you.gif
always will be

without fail​
Only in your mind....

I am not worried at tall about you accepting a proposal from ABF that will leave me hanging because Tyson will not allow you to even think about it.

Are you that sure about Tyson troll? You better hope that you're right because there isn't one ABFer that will be worrying about your trolling sorry ass...lol

Why don't you give Tyson a call...go ahead...call him...just tell him that you are Joe Troll from Truckingboards...lol

Are you that sure about Tyson troll? You better hope that you're right because there isn't one ABFer that will be worrying about your trolling sorry ass...lol

Why don't you give Tyson a call...go ahead...call him...just tell him that you are Joe Troll from Truckingboards...lol

Ya right, but remember who the union renegades are..throwing grenades at Tyson at a time like this is not politically correct. It's ABF against the establishment He's watching you
watching20you.gif

imagesqtbnANd9GcSc46oJbZxMbLIQd8ciH.jpg
watching20you.gif

Comments like that one make you lose credibility, Muler

No bad slavin, I'm not trying to stick high cost in anybody's eye..just making them aware of it. They are not aware.
watching20you.gif
You are correct trux..they can't go on like they are!!. No Muler, I spend minimal time on ABF matters. You emphasize ABF is debt free, buying this and that and expanding etc. You forgot to mention they aren't making any money. I doubt the Funds will ever go belly up. They are required by federal law to make changes to keep the fund funded to certain minimal levels and they've been given a decade to do this.

Thank you IRS or whoever saved us by allowing this. Central States will start cutting ABF next if necessary to preserve the Fund.
watching20you.gif
That's what you have to worry about Muler. I am not worried at tall about you accepting a proposal from ABF that will leave me hanging because Tyson will not allow you to even think about it. Now you boys have to work a little faster and a lot smarter to ensure the pension stays intact..go now and make it happen, bro

fighting evil forces together

for the good life
watching20you.gif
You're funny. We don't worry about tyson like you do. We know he works for us and not the other way around. You have spent a whole career bowing to management and it just carried over into the union officials. I can read it in your post. You have no back bone when it comes to standing for something. You praise tyson,hoffa, zollars. Now I ask what have they done for our industry as a whole? No it comes from many years of being beat down at work and now you just roll over and whine. I have seen it many times from those that have long ago caved in. And as for not making money you know that is not true. We the ABF Teamsters follow the money and see that we have started up new business interest and we have hundreds of new tractors and thousands of new trailers so we know why the profit margin is not what some expected. The fact is joe we made the money to buy all this new equipment and to start up new business interest and we did not have to borrow one penny. As this link will show we did not need any of the banks money!

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/894405/000110465912042107/a12-14185_18k.htm

So when you spew and show your hate for the ABF Teamsters and our company we just look at the source. A submissive personality that has grown more so as the twilight years have closed down upon him. We allow you here because for the most part the yrc Teamsters quit responding to you over there. We find that sad on your part. You are retired and all your time is on this site complaining about ABF don;t you find that sad?
ABF will be around long after you are gone. We are a debt free forward looking company and that angers you. GET OVER IT! YOUR DEBT FREE BROTHER ALWAYS!

Joe you will find out that most ABFERS CAN THINK FOR THEMSELF, that we will not just listen to Mr Tyson as you say. At ABF we do get a say and have the right to vote on any agreement concerning us.

Joe you will find out that most ABFERS CAN THINK FOR THEMSELF, that we will not just listen to Mr Tyson as you say. At ABF we do get a say and have the right to vote on any agreement concerning us.

There is no doubt in my mind you will make he call. But what won't be on the table is an ABF controlled pension. Not that it would affect me one way or the other. Johnson won't allow it. What ever formula the Fund uses to cut retirees pension to preserve the fund is out of my control. But YRC-ABF contributions now, then or in the future have nothing to do with me.

Wrong again Joe, You need to check again. If the contributions to the fund fall and the fund begins to fail the goverment will step in. Just like I said pennies on the dollar. Joe you put your faith in Tyson, who has sold both YRC & ABF teamsters out before. Joe someday it will come back to bite you in the butt, just ask the brothers at YRC.

Wrong again Joe, You need to check again. If the contributions to the fund fall and the fund begins to fail the goverment will step in. Just like I said pennies on the dollar. Joe you put your faith in Tyson, who has sold both YRC & ABF teamsters out before. Joe someday it will come back to bite you in the butt, just ask the brothers at YRC.

Looks like
5744579498.jpg
gets
smiley-toilet06.gif
again...lol

What happened at YRC was the result of the financial collapse on Wall St. Nothing else. Big corps that owed a lot of money they were foredoomed. YRC should not be here.

The Funds are a long way from gov intervention. Even Central States won't miss a payout for the next ten years. The funds have 6-8 years to fund the pensions by fed-pension law standards. The trustees are on it. Sooner or later this recession and stock market will be okay.

What happened at YRC was the result of the financial collapse on Wall St. Nothing else.

You can't even be serious!!!!! Bill Zollars is what happened to YRC...nothing else!!!!

Since Bill has been in command of YRCW, they have lost over FIFTY THOUSAND EMPLOYEES and over 4.5 billion dollars. Sure the economy was tough, but it was tough on all carriers. Excuses and more excuses is all that we ever heard from Bill Zollars. There was nothing stellar about Zollars. He created the biggest loss in ltl trucking history. Let history speak correctly about Bill Zollars. He was a colossal failure

LTL TRAFFIC.COM: 07/2011

Remember CF (Consolidated Freightways)? CF, short for Consolidated Freightways was a 2.3 billion dollar company in 1997 before they went under in 2002. To this date, it’s the largest Unionized LTL bankruptcty in history. With all the losses and write off's that Bill has performed, he has technically written off or lost enough money that would equate to two CF’S, which is simply amazing. In comparison he lost two CF’S and kept his job

LTL TRAFFIC.COM: Bill Zollars should have been fired years ago

So get off that high horse that you're riding with your pal Billy Boy and face reality!!!!! The whole idea of running a business is to make money...that way you get to stay in business...one would of thought you knew that already since you took one semester of law.

By the way...it's a wonder that you aren't trying to blame that on ABF too!!!!

Just in case you're lost Joe...the YRC forum is thirty slots down...why don't you just trot down there and tell them that what happened at YRC was the result of the financial collapse on Wall St. Nothing else...

One other thing to note:
No one could get rid of Bill Zollars. He controlled 51% of the board decisions at YRCW. It would take losing 4-5 billion, several union concessions and New Union board membership to get rid of him by not renewing his contract. Bill says he is retiring and the Union behind closed doors says otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be watching shows like this on that new 3D television Joey!!!!

The funds are so underfunded the stock market by itself will not save them. YRC was the fault of Bill Zollar no one else, let's see how does my grandfather say it don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash. I really hope YRC makes it, I have life long freinds that work there. Joe your understanding of facts put in front of you is really funny at times, I guess you see the world with rose colored glasses on. Why did YRC owe a lot of money, who's fault was that Joe please tell. It was not the fault of wall street like you say, did wall street go on a spending spree at YRC. Every other company had to handle the recession just like YRC did, is that because ABF, FED Ex, Saia or Conway had better upper management in place. Well right now Judy isn't sitting to bad is she? Also this was all done paying full wages and living by the rules of the NMFA.

For some reason...this guy with the long hair reminds me of you Joey...lol

What happened at YRC was the result of the financial collapse on Wall St. Nothing else.

Yet...we still have more on your pal Billy:

Here is an excerpt from the recent Zollar's interview:

"Barron’s: How would you rate yourself as a leader in all this?

Zollars: I would put this management team up against anybody. We turned in four years of record earnings and revenue before we got hit by the worst recession we’ve ever seen. For myself, I try not to do much Monday-morning quarterbacking. As for where we’ve made mistakes, I’d rather not comment on that."

How many misstatements of fact can one man make in a single paragraph? I'll let you be the judge. Below are the numbers for YRC/YRCW for the past seven years. (By the way 2003 was not a record year for earnings. Did the recession hit in 2007?, etc.)

Year/Net Earnings

2003/$40.1 million
2004/$184.3 million
2005/$288.1 million
2006/$276.6 million
2007/($638.4) million
2008/($974.4) million
2009 YTD/($796.9) million

Under Zollar's leadership from 2003-2009 YTD the company made $789.1 Million and lost $2,409.7 Billion. The company is sure to lose another $300 million combined in Q4 2009 and Q1 2010. But, hey, Bill is a visionary always looking into the future with no time to Monday morning quarterback. As for mistakes, well "No comment." I mean who wants to talk about the decisions that led to billions in losses and cost thousands of "little" people their jobs.

Bill is willing to put his management team up against the other competitors in the marketplace. Guess what? They stink. They're dead last.(Somebody find me another transportation company that lost $1.8 billion over the past seven years, or ever for that matter.) The man has virtually bankrupted some of the best brands in the transportation business.

Yahoo! Message Boards - YRC Worldwide Inc. - History according to William Zollars

Now Joey...try and tell us again that what happened at YRC was the result of the financial collapse on Wall St and nothing else.

The funds are so underfunded the stock market by itself will not save them. YRC was the fault of Bill Zollar no one else, let's see how does my grandfather say it don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash. I really hope YRC makes it, I have life long freinds that work there. Joe your understanding of facts put in front of you is really funny at times, I guess you see the world with rose colored glasses on. Why did YRC owe a lot of money, who's fault was that Joe please tell. It was not the fault of wall street like you say, did wall street go on a spending spree at YRC. Every other company had to handle the recession just like YRC did, is that because ABF, FED Ex, Saia or Conway had better upper management in place. Well right now Judy isn't sitting to bad is she? Also this was all done paying full wages and living by the rules of the NMFA.

C'mon the funds rely heavily on the stock market to make retirees dreams become a reality. Thee only difference between ABF, FED Ex, Saia or Conway was YRC had a couple billion of debt to service. Roadway-Yellow management have been in the game for 80 years. What is is they don't know about buy-outs or liquidity or managing a national carrier that the lessor competitors know? YRC with the help of the IBT and JP Morgan averted a bankruptcy. That speaks of management skills.

It is not a crime to reduce capacity or buy out billion dollar companies. That it cost jobs was magnified by the down turn. The crime was doing it with a depression coming down the road. The financial collapse on Wall St dried up credit. There was no credit to be had. YRC had a huge liquidity problem. That's all and they had the wherewithal to do what they had to do. Massive reduction in size, cost, fleet, and labor costs. That's why they are still here. Cf was dead in the water, had no desire to go on. Will the pension be the 'Gold Standard' it was for the past 40 years? I thinks so..I hope so..this not the political forum so that's all I got to say

that's all I got to say

Now that's the best statement you have made in quite awhile! Like I said before...why don't you just trot down to the YRC forum and talk to them about Billy...I'm sure they would be interested in what you have to say...lol

Joe get real (Thee only difference between ABF, FED Ex, Saia or Conway was YRC had a couple billion of debt to service). The question Joe is where did the debt come from and who caused them to have it. Like I said before I hope they make it, but they have some tall obstacles to over come. One example the back payment to the funds due in 2015. I will wait for your answer Joe who cause the problems at YRC. Joe YRC was also dead in the water give credit where it is due to the teamsters at YRC that are still suffering today for their give backs not management. The teamsters are the ones on the docks, streets and road busting their ass so you can get your check, yet you give the credit to Zollar. Zollar left one big mess at YRC if they make it, it will not be because of him, it will be because of them. God bless the hard working teamsters at YRC & may he give them strenght to carry on so you can get your check. I see why you are not welcome on their board.