TForce | Change of uniforms

SusieRyder

TB Lurker
Credits
Rumor has it that the UPS parcel employees do not like the UPSF employees wearing brown in their uniform (pants/caps etc) and that UPSF may be changed soon to grey. Any one heard more of this?

Rumor has it that the UPS parcel employees do not like the UPSF employees wearing brown in their uniform (pants/caps etc) and that UPSF may be changed soon to grey. Any one heard more of this?

So we going to change the color of the trucks too? This don't make any sense. None of the people I run with or talk to say anything about it. But every area has there own littl gripes about specific things, so in your area it might be an issue.....

Why not change our outter wear to black.
That way the greace wouldn't show up so much like it does on our gray jackets.

Its just a rumor. If it were true then they also would not like the UPS logo on all of our buildings,equiptment,paychecks,bills,Ect.Ect. And not only that, UPS is calling the shots on there new freight company, Not the parcel workers.

So I've been doing pretty good keeping the grease off of the jacket. Once a week I wash out the boogers with Lestoil. Anyway today I noticed the reflective tape is falling off. The stiches on the tape are junk. Probably sewn on a Monday or Friday. Time for duct tape!!!

Two of our city drivers washed there jackets in the washing machine than dryed them in there cloths dryers,like anyother wash.
But when they came out of the dryer the reflective arm strips were falling off.
So I guess this example shows that if you wash them,you'd better let them drip dry naturely,our you can kiss the arm strips bye,bye.

So I've been doing pretty good keeping the grease off of the jacket. Once a week I wash out the boogers with Lestoil. Anyway today I noticed the reflective tape is falling off. The stiches on the tape are junk. Probably sewn on a Monday or Friday. Time for duct tape!!!

I had to chain up in it today, man it looks real nice with the mix of rust and red New Mexico mud. Kinda got a south western look to it, ( lots of earth tones).

Rumor has it, eh? Well if they change it, they change it. Are they upset with Menlo employees wearing all Brown? I saw one the other day and he was wearing the same get-up as the Breadvan drivers.

Its just a rumor. If it were true then they also would not like the UPS logo on all of our buildings,equiptment,paychecks,bills,Ect.Ect. And not only that, UPS is calling the shots on there new freight company, Not the parcel workers.

Maybe they will put it in their next contract.

So the parcel drivers are well known as the brown clowns.
If we had all gray would we be the big gray clowns?
Or we could be the big gray, greacy clowns?

Well yes, I did say it was rumor, however the person who said it was a terminal manager. From what he understands it is that the parcel folks don't want "brown" associated with upsf and want the brown uniforms only for their division. Personally I could care less what color either wears. But it does sound a bit like company snobbery to me. I'm sure they will want to take the shield away too.lol. Most likely it matters little cause UPSF will probably be sold off to another company if it doesn't turn out to be profitable for UPS. That just big business.

Rumor has it, eh? Well if they change it, they change it. Are they upset with Menlo employees wearing all Brown? I saw one the other day and he was wearing the same get-up as the Breadvan drivers.

Personally, like I said I think it's just a form of company snobbery. I know the Averitt guys take a lot of pride in their red shirts all tucked in and clean shaven appearance ( which is nice of course) and they look down their noses on the more non-professional looking driver. Not saying thats a bad thing , it is good to take pride in your company and its appearance in this business. As far as UPSF/UPS I think they should all be wearing the one company uniform and have the same company benefits. If the "brown" had not been an issue, UPSF would never had been given grey shirts and jackets.

Well yes, I did say it was rumor, however the person who said it was a terminal manager. From what he understands it is that the parcel folks don't want "brown" associated with upsf and want the brown uniforms only for their division. Personally I could care less what color either wears. But it does sound a bit like company snobbery to me. I'm sure they will want to take the shield away too.lol. Most likely it matters little cause UPSF will probably be sold off to another company if it doesn't turn out to be profitable for UPS. That just big business.

A terminal manager spreading rumors?

I think even if it was a TM he was just throwing a rumor out there just to see how far it would go.

I know this might not be the case with everybody but, Every TM that I've had the misfortune of knowing was tight lipped about everything. Even stuff us employees should be updated on (such as pay, safety, ect..) You couldn't get info out of them with a crowbar!

Personally, like I said I think it's just a form of company snobbery. I know the Averitt guys take a lot of pride in their red shirts all tucked in and clean shaven appearance ( which is nice of course) and they look down their noses on the more non-professional looking driver. Not saying thats a bad thing , it is good to take pride in your company and its appearance in this business. As far as UPSF/UPS I think they should all be wearing the one company uniform and have the same company benefits. If the "brown" had not been an issue, UPSF would never had been given grey shirts and jackets.

Who is Averitt?:hysterical:

I do not work for your company, but I must say you will have to give your company time to grow. This is a time of the year that freight is slow. I do not think any of the freight companies are setting the world on fire. It will take awhile for your company to get established more, and I think corporate thinks that way also. The uniform issues I don’t know about, but don’t sell yourself short, think positive. If the customers hear the negativity then you may have written your own demise. This is just my opinion as a fellow freight handler; also have a brother that works for your company.

Good luck, And Happy New Years
:smilie_132: