FedEx Freight | Changes At Frt. Direct – Davis Out - Frith Svp

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Been meaning to put this out there.

1st we had the announcement naming Ken Frith as SVP of Freight Direct. Now it has come to our attention that Dale Davis – Former VP of Direct - is out. No longer with the Company.

Frith was announced as SVP in the March video, so that was done at least a month prior.

Since I don't know anything for sure, I'm free to speculate with the best, as well as ask questions. Does anyone actually know any details?

No hard facts are available, just rumors... Rumors as to how/why, etc.

The departure of Dale, it seems (to me), was not a amicable one. The fact that the silence is deafening on this topic points to that. Zero public mention. No fond farewell, bon voyage, NO thank you for your years of (truly) dedicated service, etc. NONE of that. Instead, silence/speculation.

Frith, we know, reported to Dale for some years, moving up at a fairly rapid pace, earning pretty much every award (in multiples) along the way. I know he is fully engaged, energetic, enthusiastic, with a strong track record.

Anyone worked Ken Frith along the way? Any insight? Thoughts on any of this?

Last edited:
Been meaning to put this out there.

1st we had the announcement naming Ken Frith as SVP of Freight Direct. Now it has come to our attention that Dale Davis – Former VP of Direct - is out. No longer with the Company.

Frith was announced as SVP in the March video, so that was done at least a month prior.

Since I don't know anything for sure, I'm free to speculate with the best, as well as ask questions. Does anyone actually know any details?

No hard facts are available, just rumors... Rumors as to how/why, etc.

The departure of Dale, it seems (to me), was not a amicable one. The fact that the silence is deafening on this topic points to that. Zero public mention. No fond farewell, bon voyage, NO thank you for your years of (truly) dedicated service, etc. NONE of that. Instead, silence/speculation.

Frith, we know, reported to Dale for some years, moving up at a fairly rapid pace, earning pretty much every award (in multiples) along the way. I know he is fully engaged, energetic, enthusiastic, with a strong track record.

Anyone worked Ken Frith along the way? Any insight? Thoughts on any of this?
they kept this one very quit. wonder why? mgmt at it's best

Frith was announced as SVP in the March MAY video, so that was done at least a month prior.

Correction: It was the May video that announced Ken Frith... These videos are produced at least a month in advance.

It seemed a bit odd at the time, naming a Regional VP to SVP, while the existing VP was still in place. :scratchhead:

Somewhat related:

"Matthew Thornton announces retirement Matthew Thornton, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Freight, has announced his plans to retire effective Nov. 1, 2019. Throughout his 41-year FedEx career, Matthew has led a variety of highperforming teams focused on operational excellence to deliver the Purple Promise for our customers. Prior to joining FedEx Freight in 2018, Matthew served as SVP of the U.S. Operations division at FedEx Express. In this role, he was responsible for 50,000 team members and more than 650 FedEx Express stations.

More details about changes to our organizational structure will be shared in the coming weeks. In the meantime, let’s thank Matthew for his service to FedEx and wish him the very best in his next chapter"

More changes? :popcorn: :scratchhead:

Somewhat related:

"Matthew Thornton announces retirement Matthew Thornton, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Freight, has announced his plans to retire effective Nov. 1, 2019. Throughout his 41-year FedEx career, Matthew has led a variety of highperforming teams focused on operational excellence to deliver the Purple Promise for our customers. Prior to joining FedEx Freight in 2018, Matthew served as SVP of the U.S. Operations division at FedEx Express. In this role, he was responsible for 50,000 team members and more than 650 FedEx Express stations.

More details about changes to our organizational structure will be shared in the coming weeks. In the meantime, let’s thank Matthew for his service to FedEx and wish him the very best in his next chapter"

More changes? :popcorn: :scratchhead:
says alot about the direction our company when the "top dogs" are jumping ship