SAIA | Changes at the top

I hate to sound like a broken record but if Old Dominions head of safety doesn’t feel the need for such a heavy handed approach then why in the hell do we. They are who every LTL company strives to be like. They are the best in the business as far as being driver friendly and it shows in the numbers. Drivers go the extra mile because they feel appreciated. It’s hard to feel appreciated when you are constantly being harassed with camera related issues. We will never reach our full potential with driver morale at an all time low. It’s disgraceful.

Spot on! If they could just swallow there pride and admit that this change was not the best result for a growing company, they would gain so much more respect . There’s always a consequence for your actions, and those at the top are not exempt from this.

Spot on! If they could just swallow there pride and admit that this change was not the best result for a growing company, they would gain so much more respect . There’s always a consequence for your actions, and those at the top are not exempt from this.

But, those at the top only answer to investors. They could care less about anyone else. As long as you folks keep putting up the numbers for your company, things will not change.

But, those at the top only answer to investors. They could care less about anyone else. As long as you folks keep putting up the numbers for your company, things will not change.
Earnings report comes out August 1st 2018 .. We have lost some business because of a rate hike. It will be interesting to see how much it affects the bottom line. Things are really slow in Dallas and Garland and that’s not a good indication.

Earnings report comes out August 1st 2018 .. We have lost some business because of a rate hike. It will be interesting to see how much it affects the bottom line. Things are really slow in Dallas and Garland and that’s not a good indication.
That's the last place where it should be slow. Texas is a growth market even slower times.

That's the last place where it should be slow. Texas is a growth market even slower times.
I agree. This area is the backbone of this company. D-FW and Houston are the top revenue producers for this company and if our numbers are bad then something is seriously wrong. We shall see August 1st.

Last edited:
I agree. This area is the backbone of this company. D-FW and Houston are the top revenue producers for this company and if our numbers are bad then something is seriously wrong. We shall see August 1st.
Growth for the sake of growth is a losing proposition. Bill Zollars proved that and good people and families are still paying the price today

With the man hours we are using our bill count should be much higher. Something is up but I will wait before I specifically say what most drivers are speculating.

Could not agree more, have said the same thing several times.

Saia does not mind laying off people, to adjust for lost dollars.

I know how this company operates but as long as I work for them and collect their money I owe them some measure of loyalty. Even if I don’t agree with them. Once I leave it will be completely different.

Well I agree with you on a financial standpoint, the long term affects of this is damaging though and it doesn’t have to be this way. A good employer will want quality people, who actually care and I believe this is getting lost. Operating on fear and threats is counterproductive. Who’s coaching them? I think we both know that answer

FYI the vp of Linehaul resigned Friday I don’t know why I just know it did happen. He was a good guy and done a lot to help us road drivers.
Rob B. and Ken B. both have left. Word is they had a run in with Cory #3 in charge at Saia. Guess Karla feels safe cause her better half plays golf with Ricky O.

Rob B. and Ken B. have both left. Word is they had words with Cory#3 in charge at Saia. Guess Karla feels safe cause her better half plays golf with Ricky O.